When Mercury and Saturn are in conjunction, there is great order, intelligence, speech, and communicative ability. The speech and communicative ability becomes conservative and strict. Mercury thinks hard before speaking because the quickness of communication slows down due to Saturn.
Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. He is the royal messenger for the king. He delivers the important messages of the king to others. He is the karaka of communication of all kinds. Mercury also represents speech and our inner playfulness, since prince's love to party and have a good time.
Saturn in Astrology is our limitation in life. It sets boundaries to what we can and cannot achieve. It's the wake up call, as Saturn shows you the truth and reality of life. We are forced to be more practical and disciplined about our goals rather than searching for them on an esoteric level.
Characteristics of Mercury and Saturn Conjunction:
- Such communication can also be quite rare, and the person might be quiet most of the time.
- Saturn likes to speak only when it matters, and Mercury just wants to talk.
- This combination not only delays the speaking ability of a child, but can make them shy of speaking, especially in their early days.
- Saturn is a cold, distant, and dark place while Mercury is the closest planet to the bright Sun.
- This can eclipse a person's youthfulness that comes from Mercury.
- The native will be disciplined, intelligent, and critical, as they will pick on small mistakes others make, especially at the workplace where everything must be perfect and precise.
- This quality can also help the person in the business world.
- Both Mercury and Saturn do well in the 7th House which is business, and Saturn's discipline and eye for detail combined with Mercury's ability to sell, communicate, and calculate make for a very good businessman who never lets a penny get away.
- To get the better side of this conjunction, one has to see which sign and which house these two are placed in, and the houses they both control in the horoscope. Are they functional malefic or functional benefic for the native?
- Saturn, being a slow planet, combined with Mercury the karaka of writing, can also produce a novelist whose ability to write a 600 page book is a walk in the park.
- Mercury's quick nature to move from one task to the other slows down, especially with age.
- This conjunction can also slow the mind down and the learning process down, and produce a person who may not be interested in studies if in an unfriendly or debilitated sign for either planet.
- Saturn's nature is to bring fear and anxiety upon a person combined with Mercury in conjunction, brings fear to the native’s speech and communication, as in "Did I say that correctly? Was I supposed to say that? I wonder if I should've said that at all." Due to this thinking pattern, they are very self critical and self aware of their communicative ability, constantly correcting and thinking about what could've been done.
- This is a great conjunction for detailed work that many might not be able to handle.
- Saturn and Mercury are best friends, so the negative part is rarely felt, which can lead to one cheating in business or withholding valuable information for their own benefit.
What is Mercury in Astrology?
- Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. Since he is a royal, he takes his duty as the messenger seriously. This is why Mercury is also intelligent, because in order for anyone to have good communication, one needs to be intelligent.
- Mercury is also our business and management skills due to his calculative and logical nature, and love for the marketplace.
- One thing you must remember about Mercury is that because it is a neutral natural, it can become benefic and malefic at the same time.
- If Mercury is in conjunction with a natural benefic, then it acts like a benefic planet. If Mercury is a natural malefic planet, then it acts like a malefic planet.
- If Mercury is with both natural malefic and benefic as in Venus, Mercury, and Saturn, then look at the difference in degrees in all three of them.
- The closest degree to Mercury will influence Mercury more, however if Venus and Saturn are both within 5 degrees of Mercury, then it gives mixed results.
- He is the royal messenger for the king.
- He delivers the important messages of the king to others. He is the karaka of communication of all kinds.
- Mercury also represents speech and our inner playfulness, since prince's love to party and have a good time. But, since he is a royal, he takes his duty as the messenger seriously.
What is Saturn in Astrology?
- Saturn in Astrology represents grief, symbolic of how we relate to time.
- When time seems to pass too slowly, we experience grief.
- The condition of Saturn in the chart shows how permanent, eternal, and synchronized our connection with the light of consciousness is, being with us at even the most challenging times.
- A well placed Saturn shows the person knows when to go slow and when to go fast, to always let this light be there for them.
- By acknowledging the limits of where light can go in our relative existence, we can still maintain the experience of beings of light.
- A challenging Saturn will allow the person to stray off-limits, where no light can reach and suffering prevails.
- Without Saturn being bright, the person may wonder if things will ever be okay again.
- Saturn in Vedic Astrology represents your uncle, the type of boss you’ll have, your good and bad deeds in this life or the past, how hard will you work, your true career and wealth, your level of maturity, and aspects of your life that might be restricted for at least 50% of the time.
- Even though Saturn in Vedic Astrology limits your ability of certain aspects of your life depending upon the sign and house its ruling, it usually frees you up from its aftermath after the age of 35 per Vedic astrology.
- Saturn is limitation, restriction, discipline, structure, order, law, obstacles, delay, focus, and separation.
- Saturn is the General of the Army.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Planets are simply energies, and when two different types of energy come together, they create a new type of energy or a mutant energy. The new type of energy brings a situation in your life that fulfills the destiny of that conjunction
Further Reading :