The meaning of the word ‘Jyeshta’ is elder, senior, first, or the chief. Yogatara of Jyeshta is Antares. Antares is the brightest, most massive, and most evolved stellar member of the nearest OB association. Antares is nearing the end of its lifespan and is expected to explode as a supernova in the next million years. Even in this sense, the name Jyeshtha or elder is appropriate. Jyeshta was the eldest of 27 sisters. She felt betrayed and jealous because Soma, their husband, favoured Rohini, who is younger than her.
Jyeshta Nakshatra in Vedic astrology is one of the Tiryaka Mukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras, which have their mouths curved). In these Nakshatras, things related to roads, dams, the expansion of metals, chariots, boats, etc., can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: An Earring
The symbol for Jyeshtha is an earring. This indicates the development of nerves in the ears and the ability to respond to sounds during this period.
Deity: The Indhra
Indhra is the deity of Jyeshtha Nakshatra. Indhra means the one who controls Indhriya or senses. Indhra is considered a producer of earth and sky. He maintains the earth and the mountains. He is always frightened because someone could ascend to his throne. Getting immersed in music, dance, and the enjoyments of heaven is his weakness.
|226⁰ 40” – 240⁰
|Antares or Alpha Scorpii
|Middle of Jyeshta
|-4⁰ 34” 09’
|225⁰ 54” 19’
|16h 29m 06s
|-26⁰ 25” 16’
Characteristics of Jyeshta Nakshatra in Astrology
- The yoni animal of Jyeshta Nakshatra is the male deer.
- A deer is found in a quiet place in the forest and shows youthfulness, and the elegance of life.
- When you see a deer, whether male or female, you feel a sense of calmness, beauty and serenity.
- Deers reproduce at an extremely fast pace.
- They reproduce once every year.
- They are not as fast as a rat but reproduce quickly.
- The deer is also one of the most killed animals by a car accident.
- This can also show a Jyeshtha native usually always gets into car accidents or some kind of fender benders; it cannot be life-threatening unless other yogas are present and the person has completed their counted breaths.
- Jyeshtha is perhaps the most lustful and sexual Nakshatra as the buck (the male deer) is ready to produce at any given moment.
- The male deer also has antlers, which they use for protection and fight.
- They show dominance and their right to mate with the female deer.
- Deers can eat around 8-10 pounds of vegetation a day.
- Jyeshtha natives can have a big appetite for food and can be fond of non-veg and exotic foods; some even love eating venison and wild game.
- Bucks have to travel long distances to find a female deer to mate.
- Sometimes they lose muscle mass and weight in the pursuit of sexual encounters.
- Jyeshtha natives themselves will travel long distances if they know they will have a sexual encounter.
- The symbolism of Jyeshtha is an umbrella, which shows protection and a sign of a royal authority.
- The royal members of the family have someone follow them carrying an umbrella to protect them from the harsh sunlight.
- It was used during wars on elephants to show the king behind the army, and mostly, it was the royal female of the palace who always had to be in the shade.
- The other symbolism of Jyeshtha Nakshatra is the amulet.
- Amulets are usually used in old cultures in India, China, Latin America, and are used for occult and mystical protection to the native.
- Indra himself used an amulet to win over his enemies.
- Jyeshtha natives go deep into the occult, tantra, and hidden mysteries of the unknown.
- Jyeshtha is also connected with yoga, especially Kriya Yoga, because it’s the eldest form of yoga to attain God realization.
- Indra, having a thousand eyes, is extremely helpful in yoga as the Crown chakra is the home of the 1000 petal lotus.
- Indra is the king of Gods and is considered as the hero amongst the Gods.
- His mount is the Airavat elephant, which has 5 trunks.
- His weapon is the powerful thunderbolt, Vajra.
- Indra defeated the dragon Vrittasur, which he had to do, having lost his kingdom by disrespecting Guru Brihaspati and having difficulties finding a replacement for the Guru.
- The Vajra was made from sage Dadhichi’s bones.
- Indra also loves drinking his Soma rasa.
- Indra seduced Ahilya, the wife of sage Gautam, when the sage was away.
- The sage supposedly cursed Indra to have 1000 vaginas. After doing severe penance, Indra eventually turned the 1000 vaginas into 1000 eyes and got the title of “the 1000 eyed one”.
- In Mahabharata, Lord Krishna subdued Indra’s ego by lifting the Govardhan.
- Indra was angry with the villagers of Gokul as they refrained from providing him with ritual sacrifices.
- In anger, he sent heavy rains and wind, but Krishna protected the villagers by lifting the mount Govardhan and providing them shelter.
- Indra admitted defeat and recognized Krishna as the incarnated godhead.
- Indra is obsessed with Soma, the juice of immortality.
- He always needed Soma in the battleground and had Tvastar make more and more juice for him, which strengthened his body like Arnold.
- It is said that Indra leaves blood spatters on the ground during battle, which shows the energy of Indra and Mars together.
- If Vishakha Nakshatra shows the lustful Indra and his theme of relationship with rishi’s wife, Jyeshtha shows the extreme lustful nature where Indra simply would kill the rishi and would force his way into the house and make love to his wife.
- Jyeshtha is the intensified version of Indra.
- It’s the Nakshatra of war, and all is fair in love-&-war.
- The deity of this Nakshatra is Indra, who also presides over Vishakha Nakshatra.
- Indra is the king of the Gods, who is the champion, and is seen as the one enjoying all the luxuries, drinking Soma, & gambling.
- He is the king but also the most insecure, as he is not willing to let go of his throne.
- He’s bulky, strong, handsome, with a huge ego and lust for women and Soma.
- Whenever you think of a man who is godly, rich, a hero and loves to party, think of Indra, and mostly that individual would have Vishakha or Jyeshtha Nakshatra in their chart.
Attributes of Jyeshta Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 16’40” up to 30’00” degree in the Scorpio (Vrischika) Sign.
- The Lord is Mars (Mangal), the deity is Indra, equivalent to Ravi, the king of the firmament.
- Indra is the great Lord, the mighty warrior, and a hero among heroes by tradition, and in the plenitude of power, he reigns supreme.
- He is the first among courtesans. When this star is unfavourable, it causes sorrow and poverty.
- Anthropomorphically it is the middle finger and neck of Kalapurush.
Description of Jyeshta Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native of Jyeshta Nakshatra will be satisfied, virtuous, have many sons and friends, and be quite angrily disposed of. He will be troubled by relatives and be principally placed among his own family.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born under the star Jyeshta, he will be proud but luxurious, overcome his enemies and betray much irritability.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Jyeshta Nakshatra will spend a lot, will endure grief, be libidinous, will curse others, be cruel, a liar, and wealthy.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native born in the star Jyeshta will not have many friends, be contented, interested in meritorious deeds, and exceedingly irritable.
Jyeshta Nakshatra Pada Description
Jyeshta Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the first pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra will be cheerful, humorous, open-minded, concerned for family, wanting to acquire higher knowledge, financially motivated, generous with money, prone to swings in wealth.
- The natives born in the first pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra are morally obliged, fighting for moral righteousness, using the law to help and protect the needy, helping and healing society through the law, attached to belief systems, fixated on religious belief systems. They can be military fighters, soldiers, religious fighters, working for social righteousness, writers, and political activists.
- Those born in the first pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra are witty, pleasant-faced, sexy, and attracted by women. They are liked by all, interested in discussing the scriptures, and happy.
Jyeshta Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the second pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra have a determined attitude, focused on responsibilities, can be pessimistic, rigid, or realistic, may fight others or go to extremes to gain or win status, fighting for status, wanting to be recognized, and being patient to attain results.
- Those born in the second pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra are sick, idle, carrying forbidden jobs, cruel, fickle, hated by others, and create troubles in others’ works.
Jyeshta Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the third pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra are humanitarians, believe in service to society, fight for change, bring help to those who can’t help themselves, and want social reform.
- Those born in the third pada are interested in new age sciences, astrology, occult, mysticism, sharing personal philosophy, importance on family value.
Jyeshta Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra are emotional, intense, appear dramatic, get carried away, go to extremes to fight for the greatness of everyone, bring spirituality to the masses, and sacrifice self for spiritual causes.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Jyeshta Nakshatra have diseases of the ear, are learned in scriptures, respect Gods and pious people, and are knowledgeable, peaceful, wealthy, kind, and givers.
Sun’s Ingress (Dec 3rd – Dec 15th) for Jyeshta Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Jyeshta on December 3rd and stays there till December 15th. If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Jyeshta Nakshathra.
- Marthand Navarathra is performed during this period. Marthand means the Sun.
- This Navarathra is performed during the period of Aadhithya, the Indhra. Marthand Navarathra starts when the Moon is in Shravana Nakshathra. The deity of Shravana Nakshathra is Vishnu, who is an Aadhithya.
- The deity of Jyeshta is Indhra, who is an Aadhithya.
Tree of Jyeshta: Veshtaka
- The tree of Jyeshta Nakshatra is Veshtaka.
- It is a red silk cotton tree or Bombax ceiba and is also called Shalmali.
Applications of Veshtaka
- Tender roots are effective in seminal disorders.
- Leaves are effective in blood purification.
- Powder of the bark is effective to improve breast milk.
- The gum is effective as antiseptic and haemostatic (arrests flow of blood).
- Flower petals are applied on the face as astringent. They are also effective in piles.
- Powder of thorns is applied to cure pimples and acne.
- Powder of Veshtaka fruits’ is used in ulcers of the kidney and bladder.
Astronomical Information of Jyeshta Nakshatra
- Almost all astronomers agree that Yogatara of Jyeshta is Antares or Alpha Scorpii.
- Interestingly, Antares is not in the range of Jyeshta, but it is very close to Jyeshta.
- It is at the heart of the Scorpion and is a 2-star system. It is around 10000 times brighter than the Sun. It is reddish. It is nearing the end of its life.
- Its brightness varies, and its apparent magnitude is between 0.88 to 1.16.
- It is a red star and considered one of the coolest stars. It is considered hotter than average.
Jyeshta Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign compatibility of Jyeshta Nakshatra
Sign compatibility of Jyeshta Nakshatra
Aries, Taurus, Sagittarius, Capricorn
Compatibility Factors of Jyeshta Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aadhya or first.
- Gana (Nature): Rakshasa or daemon.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Mriga or deer.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Jyeshta Nakshatra: Loss of clothes.
- Result of first menses on Jyeshta Nakshatra: Enjoys flirting, may not get along with her children, may get sick after menses
- Result of performing Shraddha on Jyeshta Nakshatra: Influences others
- Beneficial Activities on Jyeshta Nakshatra: Attack on enemies, learning to ride animals and vehicles, buy weapons, begin learning dance, Vaman, Virechan, and Shiramokshan
- Beneficial Savskara or Ceremonies on Jyeshta Nakshatra: Haircut, shave, and the first shave of a baby.
Remedies of Jyeshtha Nakshatra
- An important remedy is to never have a broken umbrella. Such natives should always have a black umbrella in their home in the East direction.
- Having a brass statue of elephant and deer in the home is another activation of victory for such people.
- You will always find either a painting or statue of elephant in the homes of Jyeshtha, Uttara Ashada Nakshatra, Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra and Revati Nakshatra natives.
Remedies for Jyeshta Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Quality of Jyeshtha Nakshatra
- Jyeshtha is a Tikshna Nakshatra and should be used for any activities for destruction, conquer and secretive activities.
- These type of activities are performed when starting a war with another country, going into sports combat but the one who initiates the challenge on this day becomes the victorious.
- This is also a Nakshatra when tantric rituals are initiated along with Moola Nakshatra.
Caste of Jyeshtha Nakshatra
- The caste of this Nakshatra is the servant, but these are not usual servants to whom you ask and receive help.
- These are the servants who only serve the highest of kingship.
- They are the solider, placement, lawyers for the government. They are the servants of big brands who go into combat of boxing and fighting.
- Big corporations bet big money on these people to accelerate their brand with their winnings.
- Michael Jordan is a Jyeshtha Nakshatra and he always came across as the big brother in his shows and documentaries.
- He was the most intense individual to deal with on and off the court.
- He took every game as his land battle.
- He became the first billionaire basketball player only by the sheer force of brand endorsements and his own shoe brand Air Jordans, which is the “Jyeshtha” of the sneaker world.
- Michael Jordan always wore earring loops, which again was to subconsciously show he was the Indra.
Sound of Jyeshtha Nakshatra
- No- pada 1, Yaa- pada 2, Yee- pada 3, Yoo- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attach to it known as brand.
- One must look at their chart with accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Jyeshtha is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Scorpio.
- If someone is with a Capricorn ascendant, then the 11th house would be Scorpio.
- Using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for career, status, fame, and favors from government; but Jyeshtha nakshatra should be used with caution.
- It is a Tikshna Nakshatra which can instigate wars and combat.
Summary of Jyeshta Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Indra (the king of the Gods)
|Great battle heroes, those who are noted for pedigree, wealth, and fame, thieves, kings who are intent on conquests and commandants.
|Moon in Jyestha
|The native has few friends, is content, lives a virtuous life, but easily gets angry.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
Jyeshtha is a Tikshna Nakshatra and should be used for any activities for destruction, conquer and secretive activities. These type of activities are performed when starting a war with another country, going into sports combat but the one who initiates the challenge on this day becomes the victorious.
Which Rashi is Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
Earing, Umbrella, Circular Amulet
What is the Gana of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
Tikshna (Sharp or Dreadful)
What is the Caste of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
What are the Initials of Jyeshtha Nakshatra?
No, Yaa, Yee, Yoo
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.