Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology can be split as Vi and Shakha. Vi means special, and Shakha means branches. The literal meaning of word Vishakha is the one with special or many branches.
Vishakha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Adhomukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths downwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to tanks, wells, temples, mining, digging, etc., can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology
Symbol: A Thoran (Door Garland)
The symbol of Vishakha Nakshatra is ‘thoran’ or the decoration of the door. This is an indication that eyelids have finished forming.
Another symbol for Vishakha is the potter’s wheel. This suggests the circular movement of a baby in the womb. The literal meaning of Vishakha suggests a baby’s neural reflexes to swallow amniotic fluid.
Deity: The Shakragni
The Lord of Vishakha Nakshatra is Shakragni. Shakragni is a male combination of Indhra and Agni. Indra is the God of heaven, lightning, thunderstorms, clouds, rains, and streams of water. He rides on a white elephant. The meaning of the word Indhu is a raindrop.
Indra Dev – The Lord of Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology
Agni Dev – The Lord of Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology
|Range||200⁰ – 213⁰ 20”|
|Rashi||Libra (Tula) and Scorpio (Vruschik)|
|Yogathara||Zuben or Alpha Libra|
|Position||North of Vishakha|
|Latitude||+0⁰ 20” 01|
|Right ascension||14h 50m 36.1s|
|Declination||-16⁰ 1” 16’|
Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology
Characteristics of Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology
- The natives with Vikshakha Nakshatra have blood-shot eyes, are slim, and they live a healthy and long life.
- The natives have a stable mind, mixed disposition, ascetic winning his senses, subtle, and have controlled senses.
- The natives are unbiased and will give equal treatment to friends and foes.
- The natives are strong-minded and have the potential to destroy their enemies easily. They can be skilful with fire and working with metals, and they can also be an expert in the brewery.
- The natives are grounded and are kind in nature. They are always available to help others.
- The natives with Vishakha Nakshatra are very obedient, intelligent, and witty.
- The natives are generally candid, speak the truth, and always believe in their morals and core values.
- The natives with Vishakha Nakshatra can engage in doing Yagya and worship, since they are very religious.
- The natives can be fond of children.
- The natives with Vishakha Nakshatra can be very reserved in nature and can have only a few close friends, but they will always cherish the people who are on their side.
- The natives can sometimes be fierce and sometimes mild.
- The natives are good with the words, they speak well, and are very skilful in learning various languages.
- The natives with the Vishakha Nakshatra are short-tempered, quarrelsome, and they can easily get jealous.
- The natives have their own way of dealing with their partner, and they can be gentle lovers.
- The natives can be very charismatic, which makes them more appealing to the opposite sex.
Historical Significance of Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology | Symbolism of Vishakha Nakhsatra in Astrology
- The yoni animal of Vishakha Nakshatra is the male tiger. The tiger hunts around 3:30-4:00 am when it’s completely quiet, and certain animals are just starting to wake up.
- A Vishakha native will always wake up around this time or at least become aware that they were asleep, and now they are up. Some may not do anything specific, while some may love to have midnight snacks.
- Tigers also hunt at night due to their retinal adaptation to darkness; they can see extremely clearly in the dark, so a tiger or tigress can see quite well in the dark.
- Vishakha Nakshatra natives can easily adapt to darkness much quicker and faster than others, especially when luminaries like Sun or Moon are in this Nakshatra.
- A tiger is an extremely careful animal who is quiet when hunting, and you wouldn’t know what hit you.
- He would suddenly launch at you with an attack.
- Vishakha natives are also very quiet, but when they are pushed constantly, they will suddenly lunge and attack you, and they don’t just attack to show, but to cause some harm, so you know next time not to provoke them.
- A tiger has bangle patches all around its body, which discourages predators and shows that they are present and not to be messed with.
- The symbolism of Vishakha Nakshatra is a triumphal arch, potter’s wheel. When a triumphal arch is looked at, the “arch” can be noticed, which is very important in the life of a Vishakha native.
- The symbol of an arch is connected with pillars and is considered a place of regal royal statuses like government buildings, palaces, and luxury hotels.
- This symbolism represents the return of warriors from a winning battlefield.
- In olden days, when a champion or solider came back from winning the battle, they were ceremonially greeted under a triumphant gate.
- Whenever a Vishaka native enters a home or a workplace with an arch or pillars, they achieve quick success but suddenly also lose interest in either professional or personal life, depending upon which gates the arch represents.
- The other symbolism of Vishakha is the potter’s wheel. There is also a type of wheel that is used in directing ships and yachts, which can also be symbolized by this wheel.
- The potter’s wheel shows the creative and artistic side of Vishakha natives. They know how to sculpt something from nothing and how to get a business or venture from thin air.
- The wheel goes around, and the pottery is created in the middle. Vishakha natives think the world revolves around them, and they become too self-centered and egotistical.
- The pottery wheel is also in a shape of a galaxy on the finger of Vishnu and Krishna, and this again signifies that Vishakha natives think they run and rule the world.
- The wheel also represents what goes around, comes around. Vishaka natives are more susceptible in getting quick back karma based on their actions.
- Vishakha Nakshatra is the only Nakshatra with two different deities, with each of them having their own individual Nakshatras.
- The deities are Indra, who presides over Jyeshtha Nakshatra, and Agni, who rules Krittika Nakshatra. Indra is the king of the Gods, who is the champion, and is seen as the one enjoying all the luxuries, drinking soma, & gambling.
- He is the king of Gods, yet he is the most insecure, as he is not willing to let go of his throne and ends up acting out of his insecurities.
Lord Indra – Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology
- Agni is the God of fire who, along with Indra, drinks soma. Agni transfers the offerings from the men to the Gods and back. He is present in all the fire rituals, especially yagnas & havans done by the men to fulfil their desires.
- The story goes that Agni was filled with great hunger and needed to burn down the Khandava forest to quench his hunger. However, Takshaka, the serpent king, lived in the forest and was a friend of Indra.
- Hence, Indra would bring down rains to prevent Agni from consuming the forest.
- After obtaining their divine weapons and the chariot from Varuna, Arjuna and Krishna created a canopy of arrows, which allowed Agni to consume the forest.
- Indra was happy that his son, Arjuna, was able to complete his task and blessed him.
- Indra also killed Visvarupa, son of Tvashta or Vishwakarma. As a result, Tvashta created Vritra to avenge Visvarupa’s killing, but unfortunately, he too was slayed by Indra with his Vajra, prepared from the bones of Rishi Dadhichi.
Lord Agni Dev – Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology
- Vishakha natives are extremely insecure and cannot take defeat by another person.
- They want to be the champion; they want to be the first and will do whatever it takes to achieve it.
- Since Vishakha represents two deities, it shows a divide, a division in these natives.
- They are always split into decisions, what to do, what not to do, whether to pick this or that, and they usually have a split personality or mood disorder due to such confusion in their life.
- Vishakha natives are extremely clever in accomplishing their mission in life.
- Vishakha natives can easily penetrate into their enemy’s heart by befriending them, and when they know what hurts the person the most, they will use that against them.
- Vishakha Nakshatra is about Indra and Agni and shows that at one point in their life, Vishakha natives find a fascination with fire rituals, raw fire pit, barbeque or even a smoker.
- In mythology, Indra is seen being obsessed with Ahilya, the wife of sage Gautam.
- He started stalking and pursuing her even after she was married. He tricked his way and transformed himself into her husband’s body, and made love to her.
- Ahilya, though knowing something was wrong, surrendered and made love. When her husband walked into the hut and saw them both, he cursed Indra to have his body covered with 1000 yonis (vagina). Ashamed, he went into isolation, and when other Gods found this, they pleaded to Brahma to help Indra.
- Brahma went to sage Gautam and requested that a thousand yonis be turned into thousand eyes. The wish was granted.
- The above mythology shows the sexual obsession of a Vishakha native. At one point in their life, they will seduce someone else’s spouse and even be in danger of getting caught.
- Vishakha natives would be obsessed with porn, constant masturbation, and always having a lustful eye for every beautiful female or male.
- The thousand eyes of Indra transforms into the obsession of spying on others, having an obsession with spying on others, especially on women.
- Vishakha natives simply always want to bring down the heavens to the Earth. These natives want to have a lavish house, a bar in the house, beautiful paintings.
- Most of the time, Vishakha men love painting of classic nude women or dancing women.
- This is because, in Indra’s palace, there were dancers, parties, and all the pleasure of the heaven.
- Vishakha Nakshatra also deals with secret societies, obsession for learning about the illuminati, freemasons and skull & bone society.
Attributes of Vishakha Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 20’00” Libra (Tula) up to 3’20” Scorpio (Vrischika).
- Another name of this star is Radha, a compliment to Anuradha, the birth star of Surya.
- From this is derived the fulfilment of action, variety of enterprise, achievement irrespective of the means employed, and fearless and unscrupulous pursuit of self-interest.
- The native born under this star works at various things but hardly concentrates on any one of them. To spread about and to dissipate is another attribute of this star.
- The native of this star aims at success and is pleased with it when it happens; nothing else matters.
- Other attributes include obedience to religious injunctions, quickness of the uptake, and also loss and disaster from enemies.
Description of Vishakha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native born in Vishakha Nakshatra will be odiously disposed, will utter too much, have sons, wife, money, and wisdom, and be respectful towards the learned, preceptors, and Brahmins, and be liberal in donations. He will suffer from eye diseases.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born under the star Vishakha, he will be proud, but luxurious, overcome his enemies and betray much irritability.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Vishakha Nakshatra will be extremely jealous, slim, skillful in languages, will destroy his enemies, be an ascetic, wealthy and miserly.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native born under Vishakha Nakshatra becomes jealous, greedy, bright in appearance, clever in speech, and quarrelsome.
Vishakha Nakshatra Pada Description
Vishakha Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Vishakha Nakshatra is ruled by Aries Navamsa (Governed by Mars).
- The native born in the first pada of Vishakha Nakshatra focuses on relationships, is passionate, instinctive and willful in nature. His relationships may lack strong commitment, he can appear rude, adamant unpredictable and fearful.
- Those born in the first pada of Vishakha Nakshatra possess a small girdle, remember help rendered by others, proud, are addicted to bad jobs, troublesome to relatives and bereft of corns and wealth, wise, enjoyers and peaceful.
Vishakha Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Vishakha Nakshatra is ruled by Taurus Navamsa (Governed by Venus).
- The native born in the second pada of Vishakha Nakshatra is lustful, creative, talented with arts, changing the way culture and art works, changing family traditions and values, and creative with change in finances.
- Those born in the second pada of Vishakha Nakshatra make money work in different ways, stand up for business ethics, have strong material ambitions, and love for luxury.
Vishakha Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Vishakha Nakshatra is ruled by Gemini Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- The native born in the third pada of Vishakha Nakshatra is involved in changing family traditions and values, going against grains of expectations or family values, being creative with money, making money work in different ways, standing up for business ethics or changing them.
- Those born in the third pada of Vishakha Nakshatra are bestowed with fame, long life, and happiness. They reap the good of all their jobs. They carry on trade and commerce.
Vishakha Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Vishakha Nakshatra is ruled by Cancer Navamsa (Governed by Moon).
- The natives born in the fourth pada of Vishakha Nakshatra make their point or invoke change, digg deep for information, do whatever it takes to prove a point, are emotional, sensitive, and seek emotional extremes, changes, possess persuasive ability, and are talented at dealing with emotional baggage.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Vishakha Nakshatra are givers, respected, always enjoying, religious, and endowed with children. They are endowed with gems.
Sun’s Ingress (Nov 6th – Nov 19th) for Vishakha Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Vishakha Nakshatra on Nov 6th and remains there till Nov 19th.
- If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Vishakha Nakshatra.
- Thulasi Vivaha and Thripurari Pournima are celebrated during this period. Even Chathurmasa ends during this period.
- On Thripurari Pournima, the demon Thripurasur was killed by Lord Shiva. On this day, 720 wicks are illuminated in temples. This is also called Dheva Diwali.
- Thulasi Vivaha is performed during this period. One meaning of the word Vivaha is a type of wind. Therefore, this might indicate starting observation of winds suggested by Shree Varahamihira.
- According to Varahamihira, the sky’s observation should start around this period for the next monsoon because the cloud formation starts around this time.
Tree of Vishakha: Vikantaka
- The tree for Vishakha is Vikantaka.
- This is also called the governor’s plum.
- It is anti-malarial, anti-bacterial and anti-cancer.
- The fruit is used to make jam and wine.
- The bark is used as a tanning material.
Applications of Vikantaka
- Vikantaka is effective in jaundice and liver disorders.
- The leaves and roots are used to treat snakebite.
- Roots are effective in colic.
- The gum is effective in cholera.
- It is also effective in throat infections and pneumonia.
- It is even effective in nasal bleeding and other bleeding disorders.
Astronomical Information of Vishakha Nakshatra
- Some astronomers consider 24 Librae as Yogathara of Vishakha, and other astronomers consider Alpha Li- brae as Yogathara. Here, Alpha Librae is considered because of the ecliptic latitude.
- Alpha Librae is a double star. It can be occulted by the Moon and by other planets.
- It is a white star considered hotter than average.
Vishakha Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign compatibility of Libra (Tula) Rashi and Vishakha Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Virgo, Aquarius
Sign compatibility of Scorpio (Vrischika) Rashi and Vishakha Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Leo, Aquarius
Sign compatibility of Libra (Tula) Rashi and Vishakha Nakshatra Groom
Aries, Gemini, Virgo, Aquarius
Sign compatibility of Scorpio (Vrischik) Rashi and Vishakha Nakshatra Groom
Aries, Leo, Virgo, Aquarius
Compatibility Factors of Vishakha Nakshatra
- Nadi: Anthya or last.
- Gana (Nature): Rakshasa or daemon.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Vyaghra or tiger.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Vishakha Nakshatra: Popularity.
- Result of first menses on Vishakha Nakshatra: May face challenges in getting kids, may enjoy alcohol, aggressive, not keen for cleanliness and popular in friends.
- Result of performing shraddha on Vishakha Nakshatra: Birth of a baby Or fulfilment of desire.
- Beneficial activities on Vishakha Nakshatra: Wearing new clothes and jewellery, washing precious clothes for the first time, buying weapons, plantation, marketing, monetary investment and ploughing.
- Beneficial savskara or ceremonies on Vishakha: No ceremonies are suggested on Vishakha.
Remedies for Vishakha Nakshatra
- The best remedy for this Nakshatra is to do fire rituals at home like yagna or havan.
- Whenever some conflict arises, then they should take a fruit or vegetable and cut it in half with a knife as it calms the vicious energy of Vishakha.
- If a prominent planet is sitting in this Nakshatra in a good house, then having a brass statue of Indra and Kamadhenu cow is very beneficial for material progress.
|Feed||Horse gram or Kulith|
|Vratham||Agnihothra, Arghyam to Sun, Homam, Yadnya, Havanam|
|Vedic Sooktham||Indhra Sooktham & Agni Sooktham|
Remedies for Vishakha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Caste of Vishakha Nakshatra
- The caste of this Nakshatra is the merchant, the businessman.
- This is the individual who is the Indra and doesn’t want to be told what to do, what time to come to work, and what time to leave. Indra does as he pleases.
- They want to set their own price, their own hour and their own choice of work.
- There are perhaps a billion people who have Vishakha Nakshatra in their chart, but this doesn’t mean they are all doing business, but if you were to ask them, if they had a choice between business and job, they would pick business right away.
- Outside they might be the dedicated servant, but inside they are Indra.
- Many Visahakha natives always reach the executive level in their company, even if it’s not their own business, and want to have great package pay.
Summary of Vishakha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Symbol||A triumphal gateway decorated with leaves|
|Deity||Shakragni (king of the deities, and fire deity resp)|
|Rulership||Trees that bear red blossoms and fruits, sesame, green gram, cotton, black gram, Bengal gram, and men devoted to Indra and Agni.|
|Moon in Vishakha||The native is jealous, greedy, has a fair complexion, is clever in speaking, and in causing quarrels.|
|Nature||Sharp and soft (mixed)|
Summary of Vishakha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the animal of Vishakha Nakshatra?
The male tigers represent Vishakha Nakshatra. The native with this Nakshatra is daring and curious to move into unknown places.
What is special about Vishakha Nakshatra?
The sixteenth Nakshatra is Vishakha, and its lord is Jupiter. This nakshatra symbolizes power with a hint of position or authority as it’s ruled by Indra and Agni The Triumphal Arc belongs specifically to those born under this sign – it represents what they believe in: victory!
Which Rashi is Vishakha Nakshatra?
Vishakha Nakshatra expands in two Rashi: Tula (Libra) & Vrishchik (Scorpio).
Who is the Lord of Vishakha Nakshatra?
The Nakshatra of Vishakha is ruled by the all-burning fire god Indragni. That explains their energetic and powerful nature. They are blessed with good appearance and features, like their fiery nature suggests – they embody delightfulness itself! Another meaning of Vishakha is ‘Radha’, the love interest of Lord Krishna.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.