The meaning of the word ‘Moola’ is a bunch of roots. Some consider that Moola Nakshatra in Astrology is the root of our solar system. According to Yajurveda, Sur or Gods took oath on this Nakshathra to eliminate Asura or demons from the root.
Moola Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Adhomukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths downwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to tanks, wells, temples, mining, digging, etc., can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Moola Nakshatra in Astrology
Symbol: A Tail of a Lion
The meaning of Moola is a bunch of roots, and the symbol for Moola is a tail of a lion. During this period, the brain starts to develop into a more complex organ. As we know, a network of neurons in the brain looks very similar to the roots of a tree. Therefore, this symbol makes perfect sense.
Some people also consider the symbol as an elephant goad, and this also suggests an organ that guides our actions and decisions. This is because the elephant is a symbol of intelligence and memory. The elephant is considered a symbol of intelligence and memory because of the size of its brain.
Deity: Goddess Nirhuthi
Nirhuthi is a Goddess of Moola Nakshatra. Nirhuthi is the Goddess of deadly hidden realms and sorrows. She is the owner of the southwest. The word Nirhutha means ‘absence of’. She is dark, dressed in dark clothes, wears ornaments of iron, and has golden hair.
|Range||240⁰ – 253⁰ 20”|
|Yogathara||Shaula or Lambda Scorpii|
|Latitude||-13⁰ 47” 16’|
|Longitude||240⁰ 43” 43’|
|Right ascension||17h 33m 16.1s|
|Declination||-37⁰ 6” 2’|
Moola Nakshatra in Astrology
Characteristics of Moola Nakshatra in Astrology
- The animal of Moola Nakshatra is a male wolf or a male dog.
- A dog is the most fascinating creature on this planet.
- It can love to the point that it will give its life for you, or it can bite and throttle someone’s bone if they cross their territory.
- They are needy, emotional, and pack animals. They always want to be with you and feel abandoned when you go to work.
- Dogs are not directly connected with a wolf’s lineage as many think, rather a different species of wolf, which lived 30,000 years ago, but there are few similarities.
- On the other hand, Wolves are wild, sharp, smart and know how to pack hunt.
- Wolves are some of the smartest hunters in the wild.
- The most distant feature of the wolf is their howling during full moon nights or when the member of the pack dies.
- Mula natives get attached very quickly and don’t want to let go, just like a dog, which is the animal symbol of the Nakshatra.
- Mula is the root, and the male dog develops deep roots not only in their master’s heart but also with other family members.
- Mula natives are attached to their family, spouse, children or friends.
- Once they are your friends, they are your friends regardless.
- A male dog is more playful most of the time vs a female dog.
- Mula natives are quite playful, but their playfulness can be painful, just like the sharp paws of the puppy or dog.
- They can play rough, and they don’t realize they have hurt another person.
- The symbol of Mula Nakshatra is the roots, roots of a tree, plant or even our own roots.
- Roots grow underground hence, invisible.
- We only see what is in front of us growing above the ground.
- Mula natives are the embodiment of their roots, their past, their ancestors.
- They love to be detectives and search the past like archaeologists or palaeontologists.
- The roots can be completely uprooted, especially when taking out a dead plant or removing trees to clear out a land.
- Native who have clusters of Mula in their chart will always tend to uproot their life without a hint.
- Even if everything is fine in a relationship, career, or idea, they just completely bulldoze and clear it out to pave the way for something new.
- Mula natives may love studying the roots of plants and trees.
- Sometimes, the basic meaning of things would be the biggest karma of a person, like an Ashwini Nakshatra native would be training horses for a living.
- Mula natives would also love eating things that are buried underground like potatoes, beets, ginger, garlic, onion; some even have a fascination with cemeteries and graveyards.
Moola Nakshatra in Astrology – Vidhya Mitra
- The deity of Moola Nakshatra is Nirhuthi, the Goddess of destruction.
- She is the Goddess who brings new creation after destruction.
- She is described as having golden locks, dark, and connected with the underworld.
- She is very much similar to Goddess Kali.
- Goddess Nirhuthi rules the South-West direction and is supposed to have come from the anus of Brahma in the creation myth.
- There are variations of Daksha’s yagna story in which Goddess Nirriti is supposed to have accompanied Rudra to destroy Daksha’s yagna.
- Kali is the fierce form of Goddess Durga, who stopped her destruction only after Shiva himself surrendered to her feet.
- Nirhuthi is also connected with Goddess Dhumavati, one of the ten Mahavidyas, as well as Goddess Alakshmi, also called as Jyeshtha, the Goddess of poverty. She is the elder sister of Lakshmi.
- Lakshmi, the Goddess of prosperity, is supposed to visit Jyeshtha, her elder sister, every Saturday on the Pipal tree.
- Lakshmiji follows and visits their home, who pays respect to the Pipal tree on Saturday.
- Kali is connected to the black hole that is driving the centre of the Milky Way, and her connection with Shiva is pointing to the Ardra-Moola Nakshatra axis, with a black hole at the centre of the Milky Way.
- After reading the mythology, the first impression we have of Mula natives is that they are followers of Kali, especially in Indian culture.
Goddess Kali – Mula Nakshatra
- Someone in a foreign country from Celtic culture may worship a dark Goddess like Carawin or Erzulie Dantor in Voodoo, which is a white magic to heal and protect people.
- Laxmiji blesses a person who worships the Pipal tree where Jyeshtha resides and shows great love and admiration of her elder sibling.
- Mula natives will protect their siblings, and when someone does well for their siblings, they will bow and protect them like their own siblings.
- Just like the fierce Goddess Kali, these natives are fierce too.
- They will challenge, stand up to anyone and take out the roots of beliefs and tradition instantly.
- Like their yoni animal, they can become Pit Bulls.
- The position of Mula in the sky points towards the supermassive black hole region of the galaxy.
- So far, we know nothing about inside a black hole, no one has been near it, inside it, and most are theoretical observations of scientific models.
- Mula natives are as mysterious as the black hole; they can suddenly be comedians and quickly turn into killers like “The Joker”.
- They are quite unpredictable, with chaotic energy around them.
- We do know via science that light doesn’t escape the black hole, and it tends to suck everything around it; for this reason, a Mula native must redirect their energy into a positive spiritual path because they will see how quickly they start sucking the energy of other people towards them and others would enjoy sinking into their spiritual hole.
- However, the general population is neither spiritual nor desires to walk on that path.
- A Mula person can be quite intense to be around, where you may feel they suck your energy.
- A black hole crushes everything that comes near it. Hence, the Mula native also loves to crush things. For example, if they drink a can of coke, they will crush it and throw it away, or someone who loves to see cars and other materials is crushed and destroyed by monster trucks or tanks.
Attributes of Moola Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 0’00” to 13’20” in Sagittarius (Dhanu) Sign.
- It also means the ‘opposite’ or ‘reverse’. Moola is not one of the good stars, which is evident from the fact that the deity is Alakshmi, i.e. God of ill luck.
- Moola signifies roots, that is, everything of a basic nature. Its motion is finite and limited. It does not go beyond its narrow orbit.
- Old servant, pedlar of seeds, physician administering herbal seed remedies – every such thing is determined from this star.
- The Moola native looks into scientific, literary, philosophy and other basic subjects.
- This star governs mortgage and mortgaged property, and its horizon is not rural but urban.
Description of Mula Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native born in Moola Nakshatra will be wise, happy, rich, prone to diseases and be a big thief. He will be fortunate, unsteady in mind, eldest among co-born.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born in the star Moola, he will be eloquent but dishonest, with his happiness marred, ungrateful and indigent.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Moola will trouble others, be honourable, wealthy, will ensure the progress of others’ work, be a liar, lustful and slim.
- According to Brihat Samhita: Under Moola, one becomes proud, wealthy, happy, of a gentle nature, firm-minded and luxurious in his living.
Moola Nakshatra Pada Description
Moola Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Mula Nakshatra is ruled by Aries Navamsa (Governed by Mars).
- The natives born in the first pada of Moola Nakshatra are assertive, competitive, courageous towards understanding oneself and others, building a belief system, aggressively pursuing to find the truth, and wanting to realize the best version of themselves.
- Those born in the first pada of Mula Nakshatra are poor, protect their relatives, especially for the sake of money, pure, endowed with good qualities, peaceful, learned, and strong. They lose their father and suffer from piles.
Moola Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Mula Nakshatra is ruled by Taurus Navamsa (Governed by Venus).
- The natives born in the second pada of Moola Nakshatra are sensual, hardworking, looking for value in hard-working efforts, desiring material pleasures and comforts, digging deep to find rewards, amassing jewels, materials of value, sports artefacts, spiritual gemstones, etc.
- Those born in the second pada of Mula Nakshatra are kind-hearted, like milky- rice and jaggery, endowed with good vehicles, endure some enjoyment, are loved by people, respected, attract women, and are interested in doing good jobs, and loved by their relatives.
Moola Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Mula Nakshatra is ruled by Gemini Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- The natives born in the third pada of Moola Nakshatra are intellectual, have higher educational efforts, possess research skills, are natural investigators, communicative in nature, and can become journalists, broadcasters, publishers, and news anchors.
- Those born in the third pada of Mula Nakshatra are wealthy, good speakers, learned astrologers, speak with great obedience, indulge in all jobs, collectors of a library of books, are intelligent and wise.
Moola Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Mula Nakshatra is ruled by Cancer Navamsa (Governed by Moon).
- The natives born in the fourth pada of Moola Nakshatra are intelligent, full of knowledge, have compassion and are of a motherly nature, attached deeply to things they uncover, have possible interest in roots, culture, family tree, nourishing others, researching information to help and heal others, and involved in uncovering the problem under the surface,
- Those born in the fourth pada of Mula Nakshatra are commanders of the army, of helping nature, sexy, probably affected by mild tuberculosis, know the mind of others, learned, strong, pure, and peaceful, endowed with good qualities and protectors of people.
Sun’s Ingress (Dec 16th – Dec 28th) for Moola Nakshatra
- The Sun is in Moola between December 16th to December 28th.
- If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Moola Nakshathra.
- No festivals are planned during this period, probably because of the form of the deity of Moola Nakshatra.
Tree of Moola: Sal
- The tree for Moola Nakshathra is a Sal tree or Shorea robusta.
- Sal tree is used in healing wounds, diabetes, boils and deafness.
- Sal is one of the important sources of hardwood. Dry leaves are used to make plates.
- Sal resin is called as dammar or Dhoop, and it is used in incense sticks.
Applications of Sal
- The resin is useful in healing fractures, relieving pain due to wounds and burns, cleansing wounds, and quickening healing.
- It is useful in ear disorders and deafness.
- It is also effective to decrease excessive sweating.
- It is used in diarrhoea.
Astronomical Information of Moola Nakshatra
- Some astronomers believe that Yogatara of Moola Nakshatra is 34 Scorpi and others believe Lambda Scorpii.
- It changes its size over the period. It is a blue-white star and considered a scorching star.
- This is a spectroscopic binary star system.
- While they rotate around each other, the smaller star comes closer to a larger star. The distance is as less as just 20% of the sun and mercury distance.
- It is one of the brightest star systems in the night sky. It is the part of the tail of the Scorpion.
Moola Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign compatibility of Moola Nakshatra Bride
Sign compatibility of Moola Nakshatra Groom
Compatibility Factors of Moola Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aadhya or First.
- Gana (Nature): Rakshasa or daemon.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Shwan or dog.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Moola Nakshatra: Damage or loss of clothes due to water and tearing.
- Result of first menses on Moola Nakshatra: Committed to duties, committed to the growth of children.
- Result of performing Shraddha on Moola Nakshatra: Good health.
- Beneficial activities on Moola Nakshatra: Attack on enemies, learning to ride animals and vehicles, digging a well or a borewell, plantation, ploughing, sowing seeds, and entering a new property.
- Beneficial Savskara or Ceremonies on Moola Nakshatra: Start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha, Deeksha, and wedding.
Remedies of Mula Nakshatra
- One of the best remedies for these natives would be to ha
- One of the best remedies for these natives would be having a dog in their lives.
- A dog is a faithful partner of a Nath yogi. Dogs have the ability to enhance a person’s emotion and open the individual to more subtle vibrations.
- Mula natives will feel that change much quicker compared to other people.
- The other remedy is to light incense around them when they are beginning some project or even use dhupa, the smudge cup.
- One very important remedy for Mula natives is to plant trees in their backyard with their positive desire written in black ink and bury it while planting the seeds.
- Frankincense, Black Dammar tree would be ideal for installing in one’s home or a garden.
- Many suggest worshipping Goddess Kali, but be ready to consciously receive Kali’s blessings because her nature is intense, where all that you build will be destroyed layer by layer to build the new you.
- If one is ready, then he should step into the domain of Kali.
|Vratham||Durga Pooja, Navaratri|
|Vedic Sooktham||Durga Sooktham, Aakuthi Sooktham, Usha Sooktham,|
Remedies for Moola Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Quality of Mula Nakshatra
- Moola is a Tikshna Nakshatra which should be used for activities such as destruction, conquer and secretive activities away from the light of the world.
Caste of Mula Nakshatra
- The caste of Moola Nakshatra is a butcher; hence, like Swati Nakshatra, these natives do not take things lightly.
- The job of Mula natives is to come and take something out, to destroy something in order to bring something new.
- For instance, a doctor with Ashwini Nakshatra will always discover cures for their diabetic patient to save their infected leg. In contrast, a Moola doctor will amputate it in order to save the patient’s life.
Sound of Mula Nakshatra
- Yay- pada 1, Yo- pada 2, Bhaa- pada 3, Bhee- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Mula is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Sagittarius.
- If someone is a Capricorn ascendant, then the 12th house would be Sagittarius; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for spiritual progress, foreign travels, astral travel and seeking solitude; but Moola Nakshatra should be used with caution.
- It is a Tikshna Nakshatra, which can instigate wars and combat.
Summary of Mula Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Symbol||A bunch of roots tied together|
|Deity||Rakshasa (the deity of dissolution)|
|Rulership||Medicines, physicians, leaders of groups, those who deal in flowers, roots and fruits, seeds, exceedingly wealthy persons and those who live only on fruits and roots.|
|Moon in Moola||The native has pride, is respectable, wealthy, happy, not mischievous, fixed in mind, and enjoys the senses.|
|Purushartha||Kam or Desire|
Summary of Mula Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Mula Nakshatra?
Moola is a Tikshna Nakshatra that should be used for activities such as destruction, conquer and secretive activities away from the light of the world.
Which Rashi is Mula Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Mula Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Mula Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Mula Nakshatra?
Reticulated roots, Lion’s tail
What is the Gana of Mula Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Mula Nakshatra?
Tikshna (Sharp or Dreadful)
What is the Caste of Mula Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Mula Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Mula Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Mula Nakshatra?
Frankincense, Black Dammar
What are the Initials of Mula Nakshatra?
Yay, Yo, Bhaa, Bhee
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.
Get your Vedic horoscope along with predictions and calculations.
Vedic astrology is an ancient science that has its roots in India. It is based on the principle that there is a relationship between the positions of the planets and events that occur on Earth. This system of astrology can be used to make predictions about a person’s future, based on their birth chart. If you are interested in exploring the richness and wisdom of this ancient science, be sure to get your Vedic horoscope by emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need to share your date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, and full name. We will prepare your Vedic astrology horoscope and share it with you. If you feel like paying then you can make the payment. Please note that payments are voluntary as we shall use your payment funds for feeding stray animals. Our animal welfare team shall share the photos and videos of the stray animals who were able to get their meal because of you. Read more about Vidhya Mitra Divine Astrology.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.