Sun and Mercury Conjunction
This conjunction in Vedic Astrology is known as budha aditya yoga. Yogas are formed when two or more planets are in conjunction in a certain situation. But before we go into this Yoga, let’s define Mercury.
Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. He is the royal messenger for the king. He delivers the important messages of the king to others. He is the karaka of communication of all kinds. Mercury also represents speech and our inner playfulness, since prince’s love to party and have a good time.
Sun in Astrology represents the soul. This can be read in the most flexible and general sense of the word. The word soul is used for the deepest and truest nature, for the ultimate sense of identity, inspiration, and aspiration. Surya signifies one’s essential attributes – the sense of self, ego, self-esteem, sense of purpose, and so on.
Characteristics Sun and Mercury Conjunction:
- The Sun and Mercury conjunction makes a strong, opinionated person.
- This royal union may benefit a person in a position of authority which these natives strive for.
- This conjunction shows strong intellect in a person, especially in an academic sense.
- When these natives go to school and read a book, they are able to quickly comprehend what they are reading and learning.
- This conjunction manifests itself very strongly in kendera and trikon houses, and is quite common in people. Why? Because Mercury and Venus are always close to the Sun due to their orbital distance from the Sun.
- Mercury and the Sun are mostly 1-2 houses apart, and most people have this in their birth chart. Does this mean they are all intelligent and have the ability to gain authority? No. This comes down to the difference of degrees between these two planets.
- When Mercury and the Sun are within 7 degrees of each other, this is considered a powerful budha aditya yoga. Budha simply means Mercury in Hindi, while aditya means Sun.
- Since the Sun represents the father, this yoga shows that much of the intelligence in the native came through the guidance of the father. Since the father has a direct impact and teaching method, these people tend to be direct in their communication and have no problem expressing their opinion, especially in politics.
- Most successful politicians have such yoga occurring at less than 10 degrees.
- If this conjunction occurs in the 10th House while in a good sign like Aries, Gemini, Leo, Virgo, Sagittarius, or Capricorn, the native may have a government service job or become a CEO of a company that might deal with the government on a daily basis; like a weapons manufacturer.
- Remember, this conjunction has a strong effect if the Sun and Mercury are in close conjunction.
- Even though planets tend to “combust” in astrology when they get too close to the Sun, Mercury circumvents this reaction because of its permanent close settlement near the Sun.
- When these natives speak, it is with purpose. They speak with authority in order to sell an idea, product, or vision.
What is Mercury in Astrology?
- Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. Since he is a royal, he takes his duty as the messenger seriously. This is why Mercury is also intelligent, because in order for anyone to have good communication, one needs to be intelligent.
- Mercury is also our business and management skills due to his calculative and logical nature, and love for the marketplace.
- One thing you must remember about Mercury is that because it is a neutral natural, it can become benefic and malefic at the same time.
- If Mercury is in conjunction with a natural benefic, then it acts like a benefic planet. If Mercury is with a natural malefic planet, then it acts like a malefic.
- If Mercury is with both natural malefic and benefic as in Venus, Mercury, and Saturn, then look at the difference in degrees in all three of them.
- The closest degree to Mercury will influence Mercury more, however if Venus and Saturn are both within 5 degrees of Mercury, then it gives mixed results.
What is the Sun in Astrology?
- Sun in Astrology represents the Soul, so it tells us how conscious we are of our soul’s unbounded, enlightened nature.
- A Sun that is very well placed in the chart can indicate a particular clarity about spiritual matters, and an unperturbed sense of who we are deep inside.
- Having this “solar light” shining brightly brings self-confidence, personal power, leadership and health.
- When the Sun is in a challenging position in Vedic Astrology, this light will not shine as much, and it is hard for the individual to trust that the core of their being is the individualized reflection of the divine light.
- Not experiencing the connection with one’s own inner source of power will then lead to weak self-confidence, challenging relationships with authorities, and difficulty in balancing one’s ego with that of others.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Planets are simply energies, and when two different types of energy come together, they create a new type of energy or a mutant energy. The new type of energy brings a situation in your life that fulfills the destiny of that conjunction.
Further Reading :
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.