When the Moon and Rahu are in conjunction, it can amplify fear, anxiety, and unusual depression. Depression comes from the effect of Saturn, and Rahu is in the shadow of Saturn. It gives you illusions about things that really do not exist.
Moon in Astrology represents your mother, or motherly figures, your emotional response to your environment, and your imagination, since the Moon is your mind. The Moon shows the way you think and react to situations. How emotional or unemotional you are depends upon the condition of the Moon. The Moon is also a watery planet, as it controls the sign of Cancer.
Rahu in Astrology is the north node of the Moon, and is a head without a body that keeps devouring things without ever being satisfied. It has a desire for material things and worldly accomplishments. He wants to achieve the highest success possible in whatever house and sign he represents.
Characteristics of Moon and Rahu Conjunction:
- People with the Moon and Rahu Conjunction in Vedic Astrology have unrealistic expectations for themselves and others, and when they do not come true, they go into a depression.
- Rahu is about taboo breaking and unusualness, and when in tight conjunction with the Moon, emotions need a unique validation to sustain the mind.
- This can start anywhere from the need to be in a foreign land, to dissecting human beings, or experimenting with drugs.
- Rahu is that uncontrollable desire within us, and when the mind or Moon is sitting with him, there is an emotional need to fulfill that desire.
- This can easily lead to infidelity due to Rahu's nature to indulge without ever being satisfied.
- These people have lust for life, sex, relationships and exploration.
- If Rahu and the Moon are less than 5 degrees apart, then it will be extremely hard for these people to stay put, or stay and focus on one thing.
- Marriage will become a chore sooner than expected if such a combination occurs in the 1st, 2nd, 7th and 8th House.
- Most people keep their fetishes to themselves, but these people actually take steps to fulfill those desires, whether it's having an affair with their married neighbor, having sexual or violent fantasies, or the desire to hurt someone.
- Rahu, which is the energy of doing things outside the box marries the mind (Moon).
- This native thinks in a unique way, and the solution is never common and it's always unconventional.
- If there is a person in your life who loves living with drama, most likely their moon is in a tight relationship with Rahu.
- The dramatization of events and relationships become excitement for these people because the unsatisfied Rahu craves for more conflicts.
- These are the so called pioneers and innovators of their generation. Best example: Mahatma Gandhi.
What is the Moon in Astrology?
- The Moon in Astrology represents our mind and mother. The condition of the Moon in the chart will show how enlightened we are in experiencing the Divine Mother within us, how clearly we can feel that our ability to nurture and empathize with others is unbounded and unlimited, and how brightly our mind can shine in sensitivity and comprehension.
- A person with a very well-placed Moon will feel the world is bright under any circumstance, will be able to experience the world as a place that is nourishing and supporting, and therefore be the same to the world him/herself.
- When the Moon in the Astrology Chart is challenged, the mind will have shadows and dark corners, and fear that there is a shortage of support to carry us through; it blocks our eyes from seeing the Divine Mother shine for us and through us.
- Moon in Vedic Astrology represents the mind. It signifies the thoughts and emotions, and the complex psychological faculty that takes input from the senses and tells the body how to respond.
- The Moon is the single most important planet in Astrology (Jyotish) because the state of mind is responsible for all the emotional responses to life, and therefore defines the subjective perception of life.
- Conditions affecting the Moon (Chandra) in the chart influence the thinking and feeling processes, mental skills and attitudes, and also responses to the world at large.
What is Rahu in Astrology?
- Rahu represents the goals that have been set by the universe for us to achieve whether we like or not.
- Rahu is mainly known as the eclipse, and it eclipses the Moon and the Sun whenever it's in conjunction with them.
- This means temporary darkness upon the native's life when the Sun and Rahu are in conjunction in a birth horoscope.
- Rahu also brings fear and stressful situations into our lives.
- This is due to Rahu's adventurous nature that loves surprises.
- With Rahu, sudden events take place; events that may not be a real part of our lives but rather an illusion that becomes reality.
- Rahu is taboo breaking and crosses all kinds of boundaries.
- It wants to be unique and break tradition; to think outside the box.
- He is also responsible for spiritual breakthroughs, because only after achieving material wealth does one seeks God.
- Rahu in Vedic Astrology is the Shadow planet with the form of a headless/serpent headed person. Hence, Rahu rules temptations and worldly things and will never be satisfied with small benefits but will opt for the lion's share.
- Rahu is a warrior. Hence, the natives influenced by Rahu will have the quarrelling type of mentality.
- The mode of transport for Rahu in mythology is Lion, and the lion is an animal that does not hunt when not hungry.
- Likewise, the natives ruled by Rahu will relax and strike/hunt only when there is a necessity.
- Rahu is also called dragon's head by Western Astrologers.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when
two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Planets are simply energies, and when two different types of energy come together, they create a new type of energy or a mutant energy. The new type of energy brings a situation in your life that fulfills the destiny of that conjunction.
Further Reading :