Mercury and Rahu Conjunction in Astrology
When Mercury and Rahu come into conjunction, communication, speech, intelligence, and the skills of one’s hands are amplified and expanded quickly and drastically. Rahu likes Mercury due to his neutral, nonjudgmental nature. This native will have an explosive, exotic, and unique form of speech, and will talk about things that might be very unconventional for the real world.
Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. He is the royal messenger for the king. He delivers the important messages of the king to others. He is the karaka of communication of all kinds. Mercury also represents speech and our inner playfulness, since prince’s love to party and have a good time.
Rahu in Astrology is the north node of the Moon, and is a head without a body that keeps devouring things without ever being satisfied. It has a desire for material things and worldly accomplishments. He wants to achieve the highest success possible in whatever house and sign he represents.
Characteristics of Mercury and Rahu Conjunction:
- They are extremely clever and have excellent communication skills which enable them to do anything they like, especially in the fields of sales, marketing, public relations, and public speaking.
- They have the gift of uniqueness, and their approach to life and its blueprint are unconventional and taboo breaking.
- Rahu acts like Jupiter when it comes in conjunction with other planets.
- Like Jupiter expands the quality of other planets, Rahu, also does the same but at a larger, quicker, scale.
- Jupiter expands the static qualities in a planet while Rahu expands either rajasic or tamasic qualities of planets.
- Rahu makes Mercury’s intelligence not just quick, but witty and clever; clever in a sense that Mercury is able to get what he wants when he wants from people even if the other is not ready to give it.
- They are natural salesmen who will take your money without you ever knowing you gave it to them.
- Jupiter enhances the pure spiritual quality, whereas Mercury will think of what he is doing to the other before taking advantage of them.
- In today’s world and beyond, it is very necessary to be more like Rahu than Jupiter. After all, this is the age of Rahu.
- When speaking publicly, these people might talk about sex, drugs, women, and pleasure with a sense of spirituality.
- They will be able to justify and sell the idea of breaking taboos to their audience.
- If they write a book, it might be about promiscuous affairs, sex, interracial connections, and foreign lands.
- This not only makes a clever salesman, but a genius computer programmer and mathematician because Rahu in this age also represents computers along with quick calculations.
- If you are looking for someone to sell all the cars in your lot, find a person with Rahu and Mercury conjunction in the 3rd, 6th or 10th House where salesmanship is at its best.
What is Mercury in Astrology?
- Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. Since he is a royal, he takes his duty as the messenger seriously. This is why Mercury is also intelligent, because in order for anyone to have good communication, one needs to be intelligent.
- Mercury is also our business and management skills due to his calculative and logical nature, and love for the marketplace.
- One thing you must remember about Mercury is that because it is a neutral natural, it can become benefic and malefic at the same time.
- If Mercury is in conjunction with a natural benefic, then it acts like a benefic planet. If Mercury is a natural malefic planet, then it acts like a malefic planet.
- If Mercury is with both natural malefic and benefic as in Venus, Mercury, and Saturn, then look at the difference in degrees in all three of them.
- The closest degree to Mercury will influence Mercury more, however if Venus and Saturn are both within 5 degrees of Mercury, then it gives mixed results.
- He is the royal messenger for the king.
- He delivers the important messages of the king to others. He is the karaka of communication of all kinds.
- Mercury also represents speech and our inner playfulness, since prince’s love to party and have a good time. But, since he is a royal, he takes his duty as the messenger seriously.
What is Rahu in Astrology?
- Rahu represents the goals that have been set by the universe for us to achieve whether we like or not.
- Rahu is mainly known as the eclipse, and it eclipses the Moon and the Sun whenever it’s in conjunction with them.
- This means temporary darkness upon the native’s life when the Sun and Rahu are in conjunction in a birth horoscope.
- Rahu also brings fear and stressful situations into our lives.
- This is due to Rahu’s adventurous nature that loves surprises.
- With Rahu, sudden events take place; events that may not be a real part of our lives but rather an illusion that becomes reality.
- Rahu is taboo breaking and crosses all kinds of boundaries.
- It wants to be unique and break tradition; to think outside the box.
- He is also responsible for spiritual breakthroughs, because only after achieving material wealth does one seek God.
- Rahu in Vedic Astrology is the Shadow planet with the form of a headless/serpent headed person. Hence, Rahu rules temptations and worldly things and will never be satisfied with small benefits but will opt for the lion’s share.
- Rahu is a warrior. Hence, the natives influenced by Rahu will have the quarrelling type of mentality.
- The mode of transport for Rahu in mythology is Lion, and the lion is an animal that does not hunt when not hungry.
- Likewise, the natives ruled by Rahu will relax and strike/hunt only when there is a necessity.
- Rahu is also called dragon’s head by Western Astrologers.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Planets are simply energies, and when two different types of energy come together, they create a new type of energy or a mutant energy. The new type of energy brings a situation in your life that fulfills the destiny of that conjunction.
Further Reading :
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.