When Mercury, the logical, rational, analytical, and calculative planet comes into contact with esoteric, other worldly dimensions and figures without direction, it makes their intelligence wacky, weird, and sometimes problematic.
Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. He is the royal messenger for the king. He delivers the important messages of the king to others. He is the karaka of communication of all kinds. Mercury also represents speech and our inner playfulness, since prince's love to party and have a good time.
Ketu in Astrology is the south node of the Moon and the rest of the body of Rahu. This is a headless body which represents separation, isolation, and the abandonment of the material world.
Characteristics of Mercury and Ketu Conjunction:
- This can produce a sheer genius of spirituality, psychic ability, and wisdom of alternative healing.
- It can also give a person a split personality and irrational thoughts.
- In Einstein's horoscope, Ketu in the 2nd House aspects the 10th House where his Mercury was, and if you know a little bit about Einstein, his thoughts, logic, and philosophy were wacky.
- Most of his theories were a blunder of philosophy, physics, and art, rather than of logic, calculation, and analysis.
- However, due to the presence of other planets and yogas, it drove him towards success.
- Since Ketu represents searching, as in a search for the truth and spirituality, it also gives a person research ability.
- Through its aspect on Mercury from the 2nd House, it gave Einstein a love for research.
- Aspects in astrology are a bit like conjunctions, but there is a chance that only one party is infusing the other rather than both infusing their qualities onto each other.
- This conjunction makes a person access their intelligence in other worlds and dimensions.
- Some may view this as schizophrenia or psychosis; others may believe Ketu helps Mercury and that these natives possess powers.
- If such a conjunction occurs in the 8th or 12th House, then the probability of having actual powers increases in water signs.
- Since Ketu is the reflection of Mars, the speech of this person can be vulgar and harsh; it can suddenly provoke a dirty mouth within them.
- Their speech is quite aggressive and directionless.
- If Mercury is exalted, then their speech may be logical with the backing of eccentric spiritual talk.
- This conjunction also shows an electronics engineer or someone who is interested in electronics since Ketu represents electricity and electronics in this day and age.
What is Mercury in Astrology?
- Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. Since he is a royal, he takes his duty as the messenger seriously. This is why Mercury is also intelligent, because in order for anyone to have good communication, one needs to be intelligent.
- Mercury is also our business and management skills due to his calculative and logical nature, and love for the marketplace.
- One thing you must remember about Mercury is that because it is a neutral natural, it can become benefic and malefic at the same time.
- If Mercury is in conjunction with a natural benefic, then it acts like a benefic planet. If Mercury is a natural malefic planet, then it acts like a malefic planet.
- If Mercury is with both natural malefic and benefic as in Venus, Mercury, and Saturn, then look at the difference in degrees in all three of them.
- The closest degree to Mercury will influence Mercury more, however if Venus and Saturn are both within 5 degrees of Mercury, then it gives mixed results.
- He is the royal messenger for the king.
- He delivers the important messages of the king to others. He is the karaka of communication of all kinds.
- Mercury also represents speech and our inner playfulness, since prince's love to party and have a good time. But, since he is a royal, he takes his duty as the messenger seriously.
What is Ketu in Astrology?
- This shadow planet represents spirituality, nothingness, and goals that we already achieved in past lives.
- In this life we are here to only rely on those things as a last resort.
- The house and sign in which Ketu sits are in things we are not fond of, and we do not obsess about those things as much because subconsciously we know we have already dealt with them.
- If we didn't accomplish those things in a past life, that would be seen by Ketu's bad placement in a bad sign.
- This will show a tug of war between both Rahu and Ketu. Ketu also searches for truth and enlightenment.
- Ketu's aspect and conjunction gives research ability to a person especially when it's in conjunction or aspects the Moon and Mercury.
- Depending upon the house Ketu is in, it will make you either less needy of what that house represents, or will give you less desire to get the things related to that house.
- Ketu feels like he’s already experienced the things of the house he sits in.
- It feels that it has mastery over the things related to the house it's placed in.
- Ketu is the part which you shouldn’t really care about too much as it will manifest itself without you even thinking about it.
- Ketu is isolation, enlightenment, spirituality, occult, silence, psychic intuition, discomfort and mysticism.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Planets are simply energies, and when two different types of energy come together, they create a new type of energy or a mutant energy. The new type of energy brings a situation in your life that fulfills the destiny of that conjunction.
Further Reading :