Rahu transforms himself into the Sun which creates a double ego, or a double standard in ego. On one hand this person has tremendous confidence and ego to be recognized as a genius and leader in the world, while on the other hand Rahu wants to sneak its way into power by cheating and hiding the real truth from people.
Rahu in Astrology is the north node of the Moon, and is a head without a body that keeps devouring things without ever being satisfied. It has a desire for material things and worldly accomplishments. He wants to achieve the highest success possible in whatever house and sign he represents.
Sun in Astrology represents the soul. This can be read in the most flexible and general sense of the word. The word soul is used for the deepest and truest nature, for the ultimate sense of identity, inspiration, and aspiration. Surya signifies one's essential attributes - the sense of self, ego, self-esteem, sense of purpose, and so on.
Characteristics Sun and Rahu Conjunction:
- The Sun and Rahu are direct enemies. They can't stand each other as one is the king and the other is a thief.
- But when they are forced to be in one house, Rahu takes full advantage of its chameleon-like nature to plague the Sun King.
- These leaders may look honest and sincere when it comes to being concerned for another's welfare, but there is an underlining angle of deception.
- This is due to the fact that Rahu eclipses the Sun's positive behavior when Rahu transforms himself into the Sun.
- This lasts till the age of 35 at minimum, after which Rahu starts to remove his eclipse and the real Sun shines.
- Since the Sun represents our father and father figures, the relationship with the father and his teachings are interrupted or completely foreign when Rahu enters the picture.
- Rahu simply means unusual or unusual circumstances.
- This could manifest as an estranged relationship from the father; either the father was far away from the native living in foreign lands or the relationship was strained.
- A false sense of ego comes upon the native, where it not only hurts the person professionally, but also in their personal life as well. However, with every conjunction there is good and bad, and the good really shines when these people are in performing arts, politics, and or entrepreneurs.
- Although internally this person may lack confidence and suffer from low self-esteem, they wear a pretty thick veil in front of the world.
- If the Sun is exalted in Aries or in his own sign of Leo with Rahu, then the Sun will be able to handle himself far better than being in any other sign.
- Here, the Sun will be able to lower the chances of Rahu trying to be the deceiver or cheater, and the person will have a much better relationship with their father.
- When a planet is strongly placed in a sign, Rahu amplifies those qualities of the planet rather than eclipsing them.
What is Rahu in Astrology?
- Rahu represents the goals that have been set by the universe for us to achieve whether we like or not.
- Rahu is mainly known as the eclipse, and it eclipses the Moon and the Sun whenever it's in conjunction with them.
- This means temporary darkness upon the native's life when the Sun and Rahu are in conjunction in a birth horoscope.
- Rahu also brings fear and stressful situations into our lives.
- This is due to Rahu's adventurous nature that loves surprises.
- With Rahu, sudden events take place; events that may not be a real part of our lives but rather an illusion that becomes reality.
- Rahu is taboo breaking and crosses all kinds of boundaries.
- It wants to be unique and break tradition; to think outside the box.
- He is also responsible for spiritual breakthroughs, because only after achieving material wealth does one seeks God.
- Rahu in Vedic Astrology is the Shadow planet with the form of a headless/serpent headed person. Hence, Rahu rules temptations and worldly things and will never be satisfied with small benefits but will opt for the lion's share.
- Rahu is a warrior. Hence, the natives influenced by Rahu will have the quarrelling type of mentality.
- The mode of transport for Rahu in mythology is Lion, and the lion is an animal that does not hunt when not hungry.
- Likewise, the natives ruled by Rahu will relax and strike/hunt only when there is a necessity.
- Rahu is also called dragon's head by Western Astrologers.
What is the Sun in Astrology?
- Sun in Astrology represents the Soul, so it tells us how conscious we are of our soul’s unbounded, enlightened nature.
- A Sun that is very well placed in the chart can indicate a particular clarity about spiritual matters, and an unperturbed sense of who we are deep inside.
- Having this “solar light” shining brightly brings self-confidence, personal power, leadership and health.
- When the Sun is in a challenging position in Vedic Astrology, this light will not shine as much, and it is hard for the individual to trust that the core of their being is the individualized reflection of the divine light.
- Not experiencing the connection with one’s own inner source of power will then lead to weak self-confidence, challenging relationships with authorities, and difficulty in balancing one’s ego with that of others.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Planets are simply energies, and when two different types of energy come together, they create a new type of energy or a mutant energy. The new type of energy brings a situation in your life that fulfills the destiny of that conjunction.
Further Reading :