Moon and Ketu Conjunction in Astrology
When Ketu and the Moon are in conjunction, the mind becomes isolated and separate from the physical body and the rest of the world. The mind is forced to let go of attachment after many disappointments. They will analyze a situation in their life until their head hurts.
Moon in Astrology represents your mother, or motherly figures, your emotional response to your environment, and your imagination, since the Moon is your mind. The Moon shows the way you think and react to situations. How emotional or unemotional you are depends upon the condition of the Moon. The Moon is also a watery planet, as it controls the sign of Cancer.
Ketu in Astrology is the south node of the Moon and the rest of the body of Rahu. This is a headless body which represents separation, isolation, and the abandonment of the material world.
Characteristics of Moon and Ketu Conjunction:
- Since Rahu and Ketu create confusion for a person, the mind is full of turmoil.
- It’s not able to see the single direction that will calm it down, due to Ketu’s headless body.
- It steers the mind away in many directions. The native becomes very critical of themselves and things they are trying to accomplish.
- They will always question themselves and their actions; even if it’s the right one.
- This makes them moody, because the mind has no direction with Ketu, and when the mind is not balanced in one direction, its emotions go haywire.
- This conjunction along with Saturn and Rahu causes fear, anxiety, depression, and perhaps even EVP (Electro Voice Phenomenon) as in hearing spirits and beings of other realms.
- Could this really be true and not just some mental illness?
- People who don’t have this conjunction are not able to figure it out.
- They see the chemical change in the brain and which part of the brain is active when the patient experiences this phenomenon, and they can prescribe medication for them, but they do not know what the consciousness of the patient sees.
- The mind can be scanned and scrutinized, but not our consciousness.
- There will be a time when science and spirituality will merge, but till then we have to follow our guts and believe what our soul and consciousness wants us to believe.
- There are many cases of possession of the devil or evil spirits, and only the family and the priest sees the unthinkable things the person does and goes through, which modern medicine cannot prove.
- There are so many movies in Hollywood that are based on true stories of ghosts and possessions, where the person’s face, body, and strength changes dramatically.
- In this case the Moon will be involved with Ketu, Saturn, and Rahu in some way.
- If millions of people have this conjunction, then why don’t they suffer?
- It all comes down to the degree, certain nakshatras and pada.
- This conjunction does not only lead to a dark world.
- This combination of the Moon and Ketu also leads a person to spirituality and enlightenment.
- Since Ketu’s job is to separate the person from the material plane, usually the Moon and Ketu dasha allows the person to find his or her true self.
- Since the Moon represents the mother, the mother is also isolated and detached with her emotions towards the native.
- The mother might also have been separated at birth or was traveling a lot.
- This not only happens with the mother, but all women who take a maternal role in the native’s life.
- They have an isolated relationship with all of them.
What is the Moon in Astrology?
- The Moon in Astrology represents our mind and mother. The condition of the Moon in the chart will show how enlightened we are in experiencing the Divine Mother within us, how clearly we can feel that our ability to nurture and empathize with others is unbounded and unlimited, and how brightly our mind can shine in sensitivity and comprehension.
- A person with a very well-placed Moon will feel the world is bright under any circumstance, will be able to experience the world as a place that is nourishing and supporting, and therefore be the same to the world him/herself.
- When the Moon in the Astrology Chart is challenged, the mind will have shadows and dark corners, and fear that there is a shortage of support to carry us through; it blocks our eyes from seeing the Divine Mother shine for us and through us.
- Moon in Vedic Astrology represents the mind. It signifies the thoughts and emotions, and the complex psychological faculty that takes input from the senses and tells the body how to respond.
- The Moon is the single most important planet in Astrology (Jyotish) because the state of mind is responsible for all the emotional responses to life, and therefore defines the subjective perception of life.
- Conditions affecting the Moon (Chandra) in the chart influence the thinking and feeling processes, mental skills and attitudes, and also responses to the world at large.
What is Ketu in Astrology?
- This shadow planet represents spirituality, nothingness, and goals that we already achieved in past lives.
- In this life we are here to only rely on those things as a last resort.
- The house and sign in which Ketu sits are in things we are not fond of, and we do not obsess about those things as much because subconsciously we know we have already dealt with them.
- If we didn’t accomplish those things in a past life, that would be seen by Ketu’s bad placement in a bad sign.
- This will show a tug of war between both Rahu and Ketu. Ketu also searches for truth and enlightenment.
- Ketu’s aspect and conjunction gives research ability to a person especially when it’s in conjunction or aspects the Moon and Mercury.
- Depending upon the house Ketu is in, it will make you either less needy of what that house represents, or will give you less desire to get the things related to that house.
- Ketu feels like he’s already experienced the things of the house he sits in.
- It feels that it has mastery over the things related to the house it’s placed in.
- Ketu is the part which you shouldn’t really care about too much as it will manifest itself without you even thinking about it.
- Ketu is isolation, enlightenment, spirituality, occult, silence, psychic intuition, discomfort and mysticism.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Further Reading :
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.