Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology is split into Utthara and Phalguni. Uttara means later, and Phalguni means minute or small. Therefore, Utthara Phalguni means after tiny or once the tiny (baby) is over. This is an indication that the size of the baby changes considerably from this period onwards. Utthara Phalguni is also called Utthara.
Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology is one of the Adhomukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths downwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to tanks, wells, temples, mining, digging, etc. can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: A Couch
The symbol for Utthara Phalguni Nakshatra is a couch. The symbol suggests that the baby is now in a more comfortable position.
Another symbol of Utthara is the rear legs of the bed. This suggests further development of the hands and fingers of the baby. It is said that Lord Shiva got married during this Nakshatra.
Deity: The Aryama
Aryama is one of the Aadhithya. Aryama means companion. According to Yajurveda, Aryama is the one who gives.
Aryama is the wind. Rigveda has mentioned Varuna, Mithra, and Aryama together at many places. He is also prayed for a marriage full of harmony. Aryama is a deity of Pithara or ancestors. Aryama also means friend of Pithara. He is called the God of contacts and unions.
|133⁰ 20” – 146⁰ 40”
|Leo (Simha) – Virgo (Kanya)
|Denebola or Beta Leonis
|+12⁰ 16” 2’
|147⁰ 45” 39’
|11h 48m 48.3s
Characteristics of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology
- The animal of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra is the bull.
- Uttara Phalguni natives are bulls in their life. Whatever obstacles are in front of them, they just steer along without a scratch, and even if they get a scratch, that’s not enough to slow them down.
- In their career, they are extremely masculine because they want to achieve the highest success.
- Bull is not a cow; it has more muscles, dense bones and large feet similar to body types of natives with ascendant Uttara Phalguni or when clusters of planets are placed in this.
- One of the major connections with bulls is that either a person will love a sports team having a bull symbol, like Chicago bulls, or would love visiting places or restaurants with the symbolism of this animal, like Buffalo wild wings, even though it’s called buffalo.
- Bulls are known to be extremely aggressive and competitive.
- They will kill to win over the cow and anyone who comes near their herd.
- They are also given the freedom to roam the streets in India due to their divine link to Shiva.
- Nandi, the bull, is the gatekeeper and vahana (vehicle) for Lord Shiva. Nandi, being a loyal devotee, was taught many secret tantric practices by Shiva and Parvati.
- Uttara Phalguni natives are well known to be interested in astrology, Vedas and are brilliant writers.
- Nandi was so powerful that it defeated Indra and his army when trying to find the head for Lord Ganesha.
- Therefore, such natives are blessed by Lord Shiva to be extremely fortunate in life.
- Nandi is the provider of music when Shiva performs his tandava dance, and this also translates to Uttara Phalguni natives being very good or interested in music, dancing and yoga.
- It is also the sheer force within the Uttara Phalguni natives to dramatically transform things around them.
- Aryaman, the deity of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra, is the God of patronage and union and is considered the chief amongst the ancestors.
- He is frequently invoked together with Bhaga. Aryaman is also the guard of the sacred laws.
- Aryaman is considered to have a special connection to marriages. It is said that Shiva got married to Parvati in this Nakshatra.
- This Nakshatra is associated with the bull. Nandi is a famous bull in the Indian pantheon.
- Nandi is the mount of Shiva. It is said that to offer a prayer to Shiva, one has to first whisper the prayer into Nandi’s ear.
- Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra also has a connection to Lord Ganesha, as Ganesha literally translates as a leader amongst Ganas (Gana + Isha = Ganesha). Ganesh Chaturthi usually happens when Sun is in the neighbourhood of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra.
- Arjuna, the great warrior, is called the Phalguni, and is supposed to have been born under this Nakshatra.
- One of the main themes of this Nakshatra is it’s a star of marriage, especially since Shiva is known to marry Parvati when Moon was transiting in the Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra.
- When a person gets married on such a day, or if a prominent planet is in this Nakshatra like Venus, 7th lord, Darakaraka or Atmakaraka, the native is always in it for the long haul.
- For these natives, marriage and commitment is the most important thing in life.
- Marriage is also a legal contract, and such individuals will always have to deal with contracts, negotiations, and following certain laws in their life.
- This is why they make the best lawyers, astrologers, and human resource professionals.
- The symbol of this Nakshatra is the back legs of the bed or a platform. This again symbolizes the pleasure of bed and pleasure of being “the One”, “the chosen one”.
- Uttara Phalgunis tend to be more sexual than Purva Phalguni. Like Purva, the Uttara Phlaguni always somehow make acquaintances connected with the adult film industry as a lover, friend, or business client.
- The native can be a lawyer to a client from an adult film industry or an accountant for a porn star.
- The platform, on the other hand, is symbolized by a powerful position.
- Only people in power stand on a platform of some kind, whether it’s a politician, professor, actors on stage or a sage on a stage.
- Regardless of what planet is in this Nakshatra, when the time cycle runs out of that planet, the native will have to stand on a stage and perform their duties.
- There are countless celebrities and politicians with Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra in their chart, including Donald J. Trump, who has Rahu in this Nakshatra in the navamsa chart.
- If Purva Phalguni is fiction entertainment, Uttara Phalguni is real entertainment, meaning that one represents movies, and the other represents documentaries.
- Uttara Phalguni natives get obsessed with documentaries from their mid-30s onwards.
- Such natives also have their father’s money karma. Either they do not get their father’s inheritance, or they give it away.
- They may even have to fight to get their father’s wealth.
- This is seen with the story of bhootaganas, an army of demons sent by Shiva to Ganesha when he was guarding his mother, Parvati.
- None of the bhootganas could withstand Ganesha’s might so Shiva himself took the head out, but later Parvati scolded Shiva for his act and told him it was she who created the boy from the Earth and was just following his mother’s order.
- Shiva then replaced his head, not with an elephant but a gana, who is a creature without bones.
- Ganesha rejected his father’s wealth, as he was able to create a wealth of his own.
- Uttara Phalguni natives are closely connected with Ganesha as they are brilliant writers, love travelling as Ganesha does on his giant rat to faraway places, and he was excellent at doing business.
Attributes of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 26’40” Leo (Simha) to 10’00” degree Virgo (Kanya).
- The Lords are Ravi and Budha, Poorva Falguni and Uttara Falguni are pairs.
- Its attributes are much the same as those of Poorva Phalguni.
- The only difference is that generosity, kindness, patronage, and an eagerness to help the distressed, to help friends and intimates and those who seek help, are more pronounced in this star.
Description of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: If Uttara Phalguni is one’s birth Nakshatra, he will be liked by his wife (or women), be fortunate, will lead men, be wise, have income from the sovereign, many wives, will have a liberal mind, have luxuries, and will talk much.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born under the star Uttara Phalguni, i.e., when the Moon is in that asterism, he will be voluptuous, with a lofty sense of honor, grateful and intelligent.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Uttara Phalguni will have subdued foes, be happy, will enjoy pleasures, be passionate for association with women, a poet, versed in arts, fond of truth and be a scholar.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native born under the star Uttara Phalguni will be very popular, will earn money by his learning, and be voluptuous and happy.
Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Pada Description
Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in first pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra use creativity to serve to the benefit of society, wanting to be a true leader, serving people for their benefit, bringing voice to the unheard, attaining education, gaining knowledge, attaining wisdom, can be recognized or famous for what is known, teaching and helping with sharing of wisdom, studying and spreading philosophies to help society, famous for philosophies invested in law, using the law to uphold society, and promote prosperity
- Those born in the first pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra cause danger to their father, hence the child is forbidden to be seen by their father until the end of two months after the birth.
- Those born in the first pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra are devoted to working, proud, knowers of secrets, handsome, and the most important person in their clan. They easily mesmerize women, are obedient, happy, and learned.
Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the second pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra are practical, hard-working, disciplined, need status and recognition, are working towards an authoritative position, being in service to others, managing projects, are talented at administrative work, want to bring change with an authoritative position, and create new structures through work.
- Those born in the second pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra are poor, fickle, unkind, stubborn, may be interested in grabbing others’ money, interested in self-praising, and despising others.
Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the third pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra are intelligent, clever, and of sharp mind, innovative, progressive, scientific, interested in technology, creating futuristic innovations and bringing tomorrow to today.
- Those born in the third pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra are full of pride, short-tempered, sad, cause trouble to others, jealous, destroyers of property, do not undertake any job, but are experts in trade and commerce.
Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra believe in morals, are optimistic, respect law and helpful towards people of all kinds, wise, smart, possess intellectual abilities merged with spiritual energy, and can be astrologers and healers.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra are witty, religious, liked by others, learned in shastras, and support their relatives.
Sun’s Ingress (Sept 13th – Sept 25th) for Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra on Sept 13th and stays there till Sept 25th. If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Utthaa Phalguni Nakshatra.
- The deity for Utthara is Aryama. Because Aryama is a friend of Pithara, Mahalaya Shraddha or worship for the wellbeing of ancestors, is performed during this period, and this period is also called Pithru Paksha.
Tree of Uttara Phalguni: Aksha
- The tree for Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra is Aksha, Vibhithaki, or Terminalia bellirica.
- This is one of the fruits out of 3 fruits in Triphala. Vibhithaki means the one that takes away the fear of diseases.
- Part of Utthara Phalguni Nakshathra is in Kanya. Virgo (Kanya) is a sixth Rashi.
- The sixth house is an indicator of diseases. Similarly, the sixth house also indicates the abdomen, so the tree for the sixth house shall be effective for abdominal diseases.
Astronomical Information of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra
- Yogathara of Utthara is Denebola or Beta Leonis.
- It is positioned on the tail of the Lion. It is a relatively young star.
- It has a high rotation rate, resulting in an oblate shape.
- It has a debris disk of cool dust around it. Due to this, it can be a location of extrasolar planets.
- It is a white star and considered hotter than the average star.
Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign (Rashi) compatibility of Simha Rashi and Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Pisces
Sign compatibility of Virgo (Kanya) Rashi and Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Bride
Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Libra
Sign compatibility of Virgo (Kanya) Rashi and Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra Groom
Taurus, Gemini, Leo, Libra
Compatibility Factors of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aadhya or First.
- Gana (Nature): Manushya or human.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Gau or Cow
- Result of wearing new clothes on Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra: Monitory gains.
- Result of first menses on Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra: May have more than one kid, religious, friendly, proud of parents.
- Result of performing shraddha on Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra: Many Virtues.
- Beneficial activities on Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra: Wearing new clothes and jewellery, sowing seeds, beginning of construction, performing prayers, marketing, digging a well or a borewell, begin learning dance, ploughing, and entering a new property
- Beneficial savskara or ceremonies on Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra: Naming, first solid feeding to baby, piercing, haircut, first shave of a baby, introducing letters to a baby, start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha.
Remedies of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra
- One important remedy for Uttara Phalguni natives is to be on a stage or a platform in life, whether it’s giving speeches on a podium or being a media personality, which will help elevate their status.
- The other remedy is to always keep Nandi, the bull, in the Southwest (SW) direction of their home, which will help in their business and work.
- If there is no place to put it in that direction, then place it in the SW direction of your office or home office.
- The final remedy is exactly that of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra regarding bed. The natives must have a headboard that should be strong and sturdy without any cracks in their legs.
- One must never buy someone else’s used bed because their karma is embedded on it and can be transferred.
|Sarvapithri Amavasya, Shradh
|Shanthi Mantra and Shanthi Pathaha
Remedies for Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Quality of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra
- Uttara Phalguni is a sthira Nakshatra. This means that any activities that one wants it to last for a long term should be done on this particular Moon day.
- The best situation would be a marriage ceremony, opening up a business, etc.
Caste of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra
- The caste of this Nakshatra is a warrior.
- Uttara Phalguni is not the type of Nakshatra that may feel like a warrior, but the natives are.
- The bull is a fighter, as can be seen in different cultures around the world, like that of Italy.
- These natives will run through anything and anyone to accomplish their goals.
- They become the bull in a China shop; they will destroy and break all things with a tunnel vision of reaching their destination.
Sound of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra
- Tay- pada1, Toh- pada 2, Paa- pada 3, Pee- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Uttara Phalguni is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Leo/Virgo placed.
- If someone is a Gemini ascendant, then 3rd house would be Leo, and 4th house would be Virgo; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for travel, communication, sales, marketing, comfort, fixed assets and pleasure of home.
Summary of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|A royal throne room
|Aryaman (one of the Adityas)
|Kind-hearted persons, those pure in conduct, modest, heretics, charitable persons and the learned, very rich people, and those who are devoted to their duties, kings.
|Moon in Uttara Phalguni
|The native is beautiful and lovely, earns money by his literary merits, will be happy and an enjoyer of the senses.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
Uttara Phalguni is a sthira nakshatra. This means that any activities that you want it to last for a long term should be done on this particular Moon day. The best situation would be like marriage ceremony, opening up a business, etc
Which Rashi is Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
Leo and Virgo
Who is the Lord of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
Back legs of the bed, Platform
What is the Gana of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
What are the Initials of Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra?
Tay, Toh, Paa, Pee
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.