Natives born in Swati Nakshatra are intellectual, have a sharp intellect, are well learned, possess vast amounts of knowledge and are of a curious nature.
They are communicative, possess speaking talents, are humorous, diplomatic and mildly reserved, strong, have networking skills, persuasive talent, win over others, natural diplomats and deal makers, respectful of people of all kinds, unshaped by other people’s authority, and against confinement.
Swati Nakshatra in astrology is one of the Tiryaka Mukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras, which have their mouths curved). In these Nakshatras, things related to roads, dams, the expansion of metals, chariots, boats, etc., can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: A Coral
The symbol for Swati Nakshatra is coral. Coral is a gemstone of Mars. Mars is a masculine planet indicating the development of male genitals.
Deity: The Vayu
The deity of Swati Nakshatra is Vayu, or the wind. Vayu is strong and beautiful. He is like the flames of fire (due to the crashing of clouds). He acts upon the words of his parents. He is the main cause of rains. He speeds up the streams of water. He gives us strong and beautiful sons. He is the God of war, so he is both destructive and benevolent.
|Range||186⁰ 40” – 200⁰|
|Yogathara||Arcturus or Alpha Bootis|
|Position||The brightest star of Swati|
|Latitude||+30⁰ 44” 23’|
|Longitude||180⁰ 22” 36’|
|Right ascension||1h 15m 26s|
|Declination||+19⁰ 12” 30’|
Characteristics of Swati Nakshatra in Astrology
- The animal of Swati Nakshatra is a male buffalo.
- They are part of a Bovidae family, which includes bison, caribou, antelope and water buffalo.
- They have thick, large horns, which join in the middle of their head.
- Like a bull, the natives of Swati Nakshatra are extremely powerful and can weigh a ton.
- They love being in the water, which is especially true for water buffalo found in India.
- Buffalo is also known as the ride of Lord Yama. Just like other families of Bovidae, they eat only grass and bushes, and are mainly used in India to push carts and do farming activities.
- Swati natives will become either vegan or vegetarians at one point in life.
- Due to the nature of water buffalo, they love taking long showers and to be in the bathtub.
- Swati natives like to live near an ocean or a river because they need a body of water they can step in, like a water buffalo.
- The symbolism of Swati Nakshatra is the blade of grass being swayed by the wind or a sword.
- The symbolism speaks the poetry of 1000 words.
- Swati Nakshatra natives are extremely independent. They want to travel, do things independently, and know how the world works.
- The blade of grass is the Swati native who moves in the direction of the wind.
- They love to travel, want to know everybody, and like the wind, they want to take one piece of information and spread it in all directions.
- They cannot stick to one particular thought; they must move, and ride the way of the current time.
- The Swati natives have a bit of ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder) in nature, which is why it makes them excellent entrepreneurs.
- An entrepreneur is to be at the right place at the right time and execute the idea to get the maximum result, after which they move to the next venture and do the same.
- For example, the wind blowing over the United States will flow over India and Russia; and by this it can be seen that the Swati natives are worldly people.
- They want to experience the world, travel the world and are obsessed with knowing what is happening in the world.
- The wind touches all economies, people, animals and mountains.
- The information that is in a single molecule of oxygen is the same molecule inside a Swati native.
- The wind is oxygen, oxygen is the vehicle of prana (breath) and prana is what gives us the life force.
- Swati natives are profoundly known as yogis or yoga experts.
- They can easily master breathing yoga techniques like Anulom vilom pranayama, Kapalbhaati, Kriya, etc.
- As the wind is felt about 3 feet from the ground till all the way to mountain peaks, Swati natives are obsessed with reaching the highest ground, which makes them interested in space, rockets, airplanes.
- Wind can also cause issues with the lungs due to too much Kapha Dosha, which a person can fall victim to if Swati is influenced by malefics.
- The other symbolism of this Nakshatra is the blade or sword.
- The caste of Swati Nakshatra is the butcher.
- Swati natives naturally have a grasp of dealing with the blade, like fencing, sword fighting, cutting meat or having an interest in collecting sharp blades, which also translate into the nature of Swati natives.
- They will cut you in conversation when angry and frustrated.
- They can butcher a perfectly made business plan if they are not careful.
- The deity of this Nakshatra is Vayu, the wind God and king of celestial musicians.
- Vayu is a life-giving breath that nourishes us with the life force or prana.
- He is the father of Bhima amongst the Pandavas and the spiritual father of Hanuman.
- Many qualities of Vayu can be seen through Hanuman.
- When Hanuman was young, he thought Sun was a big fruit and jumped into the sky to eat it.
- The Sun God felt intimidated by the little child coming up to him, and asked Indra to bring the child down with his weapon.
- Hanuman was struck on his jaw by Indra’s weapon, known as Vajra, the thunderbolt.
- Impressed by the child’s resistance, the devas (Gods) blessed Hanuman with various powers.
- The child Hanuman used his powers to play pranks upon others.
- He ended up being cursed by rishis that he may forget his gifts and powers. When he apologized for his mistake, rishis said his powers would come back to him if reminded by someone else.
- Later, when Hanuman was searching for Sita, Lord Rama’s wife, Hanuman felt dejected knowing that the only place left to search for Sita was Lanka and that he had to jump across the ocean to reach Lanka.
- Having lost his powers, he was reminded of it by Jambavan, the bear headed being, about his youthful exploits and the subsequent curse.
- Hanuman regained confidence and ended up playing out multiple roles of being a messenger to Sita, being a diplomat to Vibhishana, and a soldier against Ravan.
- Hanuman is also supposed to have lifted the entire mountain named Dronagiri and brought it to the battlefield of Lanka for Lakshman, who was poisoned by a weapon.
- Hanuman’s story can play out through Swati Nakshatra.
- From the mythology, it can be seen that, just like the child Hanuman, Swati natives want to achieve the impossible.
- They want to reach the top, they have no fear of where they are going, whom they are going to meet or what they are climbing.
- Once they see their object of fasciation, they go for it, and this is why Swati natives love climbing mountains and hiking to the highest trail.
- They also love collecting shoes, buying shoes and if a shoe breaks for them, major karma gets released or plays out in their life.
- Shoes are connected with Swati Nakshatra because the yogatara star of Swati, which is Arcturus, it is at the leg region of the virgin lady of the Virgo zodiac sign.
- The yogatara of Swati is at the zero degrees of Libra.
- This is why, Chitra Nakshatra and Swati Nakshatra natives in the Libra zodiac sign, will share the same traits.
- Swati natives love playing musical air instruments like flute and piano.
- Swati natives always need a mentor or a manager who helps them in their journey to become successful as they keep forgetting they have the ability to conquer the world.
- They should have a vision board to remind themselves what they can and must achieve.
- The most obvious power of Hanuman is his body, strength, and flying ability.
- If Chitra or Swati natives, between 0–7 degrees of Libra, are observed, it can be seen that they have a great obsession with flying, bodybuilding, and sculpting their bodies.
- Such people also become obsessed with Superman.
- But when Swati natives are trying to reach the top of their career, they will face a big fight with an enemy who will try to bring them down at all cost, just like how Indra tried to use his weapon on young Hanuman.
Attributes of Swati Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 6’40” to 20’00” Libra (Tula).
- Restlessness disposition or physical restlessness, inability to stay still at any place, fidgetiness and noise come from the attributes of its deity, the wind.
- The winds (Marut) are the Lords of the North-West. There are 49 of them under ‘Pavana’. Of all Gods, he is the strongest and most obstinate.
- These are derived from the knowledge, and the physical internal adjustments of the 5 Winds – Pan, Apan, Vyan, Udan and Saman.
- Also from this comes the storms and the whirlwind, the concrete disturbance of the atmosphere.
- A native born under this star is good at buying and selling; his wealth and property comes and goes quite easily. He is an independent sort of man, always striving for more independence.
- Asceticism is yet another attribute of this star.
- The wind is the great scavenger; it sweats the dross and purifies.
Description of Swati Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native born in Swati Nakshatra will be mild, happy, compassionate, affable, virtuous, incur debts, live in foreign places, be hatefully disposed to his relatives, be simple in dress, and will have a few sons.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born under the star Swati, he will try to please Gods and Brahmins, devote himself to enjoyments, and will have much wealth but little intelligence.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Swati Nakshatra will be righteous, eloquent, valorous, an expert in trading activities, lustful, a celebrity of great order (or one who has much knowledge), self-restrained and educated.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The star Swati makes one self-controlled, clever in trade, kind-hearted, virtuous, and gives a pleasant speech.
Swati Nakshatra Pada Description
Swati Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Swati Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the first pada of Swati Nakshatra are brave, knowledgeable, speak little, good speakers, handsome, capable of doing any job, endowed with a sophisticated body, strong, critical in all undertakings, and win people’s hearts.
- Those born in the first pada of Swati Nakshatra are calm, poised, and of an open mind, have great speaking talents, are educated, scholarly, open to new ideas, and may become writers, publishers, teachers, and debaters.
- Those born in the first pada of Swati Nakshatra have a desire for travel, interest in foreign concepts, sciences, the current state of society and philanthropy.
- Those born in the first pada of Swati Nakshatra are moral, use law, negotiate legal deals and contracts, have business ethics, work deals through speaking, and are honest deal makers.
Swati Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Swati Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the second pada of Swati Nakshatra undertake forbidden jobs, are untruthful, handsome, irreligious, extremely stingy but endowed with a good wife and children.
- Those born in the second pada of Swati Nakshatra are methodical in nature, disciplined, organized, structured, and involved in solid business dealings.
- Those born in the second pada of Swati Nakshatra are strict and to the point, putting it all on the table, need recognition and status in their business dealings, ensuring gains, dealing with the government, wanting authority in dealings, and being in control of others.
- Those born in the second pada of Swati Nakshatra are selfish, satisfying own needs, interested in personal comforts, seeking attention in creative undertakings, may be restricted from opportunities in life, especially early on, and may sometimes follow un-ethical business practices to earn.
Swati Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Swati Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the third pada of Swati Nakshatra increase their enemy circle, expend money and time irresponsibly, and are always overthinking.
- Those born in the third pada of Swati Nakshatra are gentle, intellectual, technical, skilled, utilizing the latest and greatest technology and information, and have business dealing in science.
- Those born in the third pada of Swati Nakshatra are involved in the latest technology dealings, dealing in computers, cutting edge robotics, the internet, in business to change society. They are involved in undertakings and products that help society, business dealings to assist the underprivileged, and making gains through welfare reform.
- Those born in the third pada of Swati Nakshatra are making partnerships and forming groups to achieve goals, creating companies to help society, and are involved in businesses that suit society’s needs.
Swati Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Swati Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Swati Nakshatra are prominent persons. The natives are angry, respectful of teachers, and wealthy. They are happy with their family and children. They are wise and bright and always interested in doing good works.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Swati Nakshatra are intellectual, emotional, spiritual, educated, social, flexible, adaptable, creative, and want to be creative with business.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Swati Nakshatra work with art, make an impact on others through creativity and hard work, and are service-oriented.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Swati Nakshatra sacrificial, involved in partnerships with creative people, and their business or marriage partners may be from foreign lands.
Sun’s Ingress (Oct 23rd – Nov 5th) for Swati Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Swati Nakshatra on Oct 23rd and remains there till Nov 5th. If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Swati Nakshatra.
- During this period, Deepavali is celebrated. Deepavali is celebrated for 5 days.
- In many regions, Deepavali starts on Dhanathrayodhashi. This seems to be appropriate because Dhanathrayodhashi comes on Hasta Nakshatra and the next 5 days come under Hasta Panchak. Therefore, this period is an Hasta Panchak of Moon between an Hasta Panchak of the Sun.
- Hasta Panchak of the Moon in Hasta Nakshatra of the Sun (Hastha Panchak of the Sun) was celebrated during Navaratri, and Hasta Panchak of Moon during Swati Nakshatra is celebrated during Deepavali.
Tree of Swati: Arjun
- The tree of Swati Nakshatra is Arjun. The flowers of Arjuna are offered to Lord Vishnu on Anantha Padmanabha Vrata and Lord Ganesh on Sankashta Chathurthi Vrata.
- Its bark produces a brown dye. Its leaves are fed to silkworms.
- This tree shall not be planted within the limits of the house.
- Its gum is used as an adhesive.
- Arjuna is an antioxidant; it reduces cholesterol and blood pressure.
- It is useful in bleeding disorders and heals fractures and wounds quickly.
- If an anthill is found to the north of the Arjuna tree, there will be an underground water source at a distance of 4.5 feet to the west of the anthill.
- The water source will be approximately 21 feet below the ground. 9 feet below the ground will be loose black earth, followed by yellowish-white soil and abundant water.
Applications of Arjuna
- Arjuna bark’s decoction is used to treat burning sensation while passing urine.
- Bark powder mixed with milk is effective in sexual apathy.
- The extract is also used to treat emotional turbulence.
- The gum is effective as a purgative.
- Extracts of tender leaves of Arjuna is effective in relieving ear pain.
- An extract or paste of leaves applied on an abscess or wound accelerates healing.
Astronomical Information of Swati Nakshatra
- Almost all astronomers agree that the Yogathara of Swati Nakshatra is Arcturus Alpha Bootis.
- Interestingly this star does not come in the range of Swati.
- This is because no star in Swati has an ecliptic latitude closer to 6.5.
- Even latitudes of Arcturus are +30.6. Arcturus or Alpha Bootis is the 4th brightest star in the night sky.
- Arcturus is a red giant. It is 110 times brighter than the Sun.
- It can be observed in the daytime with a telescope. It is a yellow-orange star and considered a very cool star.
- Arcturus moves at a rate of 122 km/s. It cuts perpendicularly through the galactic disk.
- It moves with a group of 52 other such stars, known as the Arcturus stream.
- Considering this property of Arcturus, the deity of Swati, i.e. Vayu, seems appropriate.
Swati Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign(Rashi) compatibility of Swathi Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius
Compatibility Factors of Swati Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aanthya or last.
- Gana (Nature): Dev or God.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Mahishi or buffalo.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Swati Nakshatra: Good food and desserts.
- Result of first menses on Swati Nakshatra: Affluent, fearful, excellent at a craft, accompanied by children and grandchildren, pious.
- Result of performing Shraddha on Swati Nakshatra: Profitable trade.
- Beneficial activities on Swati Nakshatra: Wearing new clothes and jewellery, learning to ride animals and vehicles, travelling, plantation of trees and crop, washing precious clothes for the first time, selling, monetary investment, ploughing, sowing seeds, Vaman, Virechan, Shiramokshan and entering a new property.
- Beneficial savskara or ceremonies on Swati Nakshatra: Naming, haircut, shave, intercourse for progeny, first solid feeding to baby, first shave of a baby, introducing letters to a baby, start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha, Deeksha and wedding.
Remedies of Swati Nakshatra
- The remedy for this Nakshatra is to always keep wind chimes in the South or Southwest direction of home.
- One can buy new shoes every year based on the color of the planet sitting in this Nakshatra by looking at Varshaphala (yearly Vedic chart); if Saturn transits the 6th house of the yearly chart, then do not buy shoes because that will either affect one’s career or health.
- If Rahu is in the 11th house of the chart and Swati is your 2nd house of wealth with Venus sitting in it, then buying white shoes every year or every 6 months will be very good for wealth, luxury and relationships.
|Donate||Brown cow or Kapila|
|Vedic Sooktham||Vayu Sooktham|
Quality of Swati Nakshatra
- Swati is chara Nakshatra, which means when something requires movement, this Nakshatra would work best like moving from one house to the other, purchasing land, sending something out for delivery, shifting office, arranging furniture in your home or buying new furniture.
Caste of Swati Nakshatra
- The caste for Swati Nakshatra is a butcher.
- They are the outcast, unorthodox individuals whose viewpoints and ideas are above anyone’s head.
- When they get into a conversation, they will butcher it.
- When they start some work, they will butcher it at the beginning.
- Butcher’s job is to cut the meat, and hence, these natives love to cut people off in conversations.
- An editor or a director takes many cuts in making a movie and directs attention from one thing to another, and so represents the energies of Swati Nakshatra.
- This is a windy Nakshatra, and too much wind within the mind and brain can bring ADD, ADHD and Dyslexia, but these are sometimes blessings from God because, in order to be an entrepreneur, one must keep searching and stalking ideas.
- They never are satisfied with one type of work.
- They want to be like Goddess Durga with 10 hands, each one doing something completely different.
Sound of Swati Nakshatra
- Roo- pada 1, Ray- pada 2, Row- pada 3, Taa- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as a brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Swati is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Libra.
- If someone is a Capricorn ascendant, then the 10th house would be Libra; when using such brands or names that start with such sounds would be beneficial for career, status, fame, and favors from the government.
Summary of Swati Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Deity||Marut (the wind deity)|
|Rulership||Birds, beasts, horses, traders, grains that cause wind, unsteady friends, feeble characters, ascetics and connoisseurs of wares.|
|Work profile||Hunting and other cruel acts|
|Moon in Swati||The native has subdued passions, is a trader, generous at heart, sweet spoken, and religious in spirit and actions.|
|Purushartha||Artha or finance|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Swati Nakshatra?
Swati is chara Nakshatra, which means when something requires movement, this nakshatra would work best like moving from one house to the other, purchasing land, sending something out for delivery, shifting office, arranging furniture in your home or buying new furniture.
Which Rashi is Swati Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Swati Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Swati Nakshatra?
Vayu, God of Wind
What is the Symbol of Swati Nakshatra?
Blade of Grass swayed by the wind, Coral, Sword
What is the Gana of Swati Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Swati Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Swati Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Swati Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Swati Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Swati Nakshatra?
Queen’s Flower, Arjuna
What are the Initials of Swati Nakshatra?
Roo, Ray, Row, Taa
To read this article in Hindi, visit : Swati Nakshatra in Astrology in Hindi.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report at just ₹99: Click Here.
Get into the zone of virtual reality from the comfort of your home and experience the best gaming, live concerts, films and more! Buy All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset. Click here.
Get your Vedic horoscope along with predictions and calculations.
Vedic astrology is an ancient science that has its roots in India. It is based on the principle that there is a relationship between the positions of the planets and events that occur on Earth. This system of astrology can be used to make predictions about a person’s future, based on their birth chart. If you are interested in exploring the richness and wisdom of this ancient science, be sure to get your Vedic horoscope by emailing your details to email@example.com.
You need to share your date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, and full name. We will prepare your Vedic astrology horoscope and share it with you. If you feel like paying then you can make the payment. Please note that payments are voluntary as we shall use your payment funds for feeding stray animals. Our animal welfare team shall share the photos and videos of the stray animals who were able to get their meal because of you. Read more about Vidhya Mitra Divine Astrology.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.