The literal meaning of the word Shathatharaka is hundreds of stars. Another name for this is Shathabhisha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology which means hundreds of physicians.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra in Astrology is one of the Urdhvamukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths upwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to palaces, coronations, boundary walls, construction of tall structures can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: An Empty Circle
The symbol for Shathabhisha Nakshatra is repeated motion or empty circle. This is because now the baby is practising inhaling and exhaling. This is a repeated action, and the lungs are a space. The baby is also sucking, gripping, and blinking. These are also repetitive actions.
Deity: The Indhra
Indhra is the deity of Shathabhisha Nakshatra, according to Veda. According to Bruhadh Jathaka, it is Varuna. Both of them, Indhra and Varuna, are Aadhithya. Indhra suggests that all the Indhriya or organs are developed now. Varuna suggests that the phase is getting over, and the new phase is about to start.
|Range||306⁰ 40” – 320⁰|
|Yogathara||Hydor or Lambda Aquarii|
|Latitude||8⁰ 29” 14’|
|Longitude||317⁰ 43” 08’|
|Right ascension||22h 52m 21.2s|
|Declination||-7⁰ 36” 23’|
Characteristics of Shatabhisha Nakshatra in Astrology
- The yoni animal of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is the female horse.
- A horse has a great balance and fast ability to escape danger; they can sleep standing up or sitting down and reproduce at a very early age.
- These are just some basic notes on horses.
- A Shatabhisha native wants to finish things fast and as soon as possible.
- They are excellent in averting danger, either physical or psychological.
- Shatabhisha natives will start their puberty or menstrual cycle and become sexually active early in their life.
- Shatabhisha natives find it easiest at any place to take a nap, whether it’s on an uncomfortable plane or in the comfort of their bedroom.
- They use sleep as a way to gain energy and simply for pleasure.
- Their main aim is to wake up as early as possible so that they can start running in the race of life.
- A horse lacks a collarbone; hence, a Shatabhisha native may have weak collarbones.
- The most distinctive feature of a horse is his muscles and endurance, which is widely known worldwide, so it’s obvious that a Shatabhisha dominated person has strong muscle tendons and the ability to work for longer and faster than others.
- One word that comes to mind is “Horsepower”, which is used in describing the power of a car’s engine.
- A horse is an extremely powerful animal that can kill a man with a single kick from his hind legs.
- If we compare a horse’s body to a human, the horse’s hind legs are his actual legs, while the front two can be considered as arms.
- A Shatabhisha native will have strong legs and thighs to help them run in sports.
- The symbolism of this Nakshatra is an empty circle, which represents many things.
- It can show an enclosed circle like a group, cult, or community where the individual attains hidden information. It can also represent a black hole as it is empty and dark in the middle.
- Basketball is a sport where the ball is put inside the hole.
- This symbolism shows that such people want to be within a boundary and surrounded by some protection from the world.
- The deity of the Shatabhisha Nakshatra is Lord Varuna, the God of cosmic law, cosmic ocean and sky and is also one of the Adityas.
- He rules the mysteries and the underground waters. He is associated with occult abilities, secrets and destiny.
- Varuna rules over the West direction. He is the Lord of the underworld and healing as well.
- Varuna is believed to have 1000 eyes, which are stars of the night sky. Varuna is also connected with Dakshinayana, the Sun’s movement in the southern celestial hemisphere.
- He also carries the pot with the nectar of immortality, Amrit, and has the ability to give life and overcome death.
- Varuna & Mitra are often invoked together, and Varuna is considered to be the night Sun or the dark Sun. He rides on crocodiles or makara-like animals.
- Interestingly, Vedas also call him an asura. Another story we hear from different scholars is about how from an astral plane yagna, the celestial apsara Urvashi appears.
- Mitra and Varuna were overwhelmed by her sexuality and ejaculated.
- Their semen containing their sperms falls into a mud-pitcher, where the foetus of Agastya Maharishi is born.
- He is born from the same jar as his sibling Vashishtha.
- Agastya was born from the sperm of Varuna and Vashishtha from Mitra’s.
- A love triangle theme can be generally seen with Anuradha and Shatabhisha natives.
- Varuna is also known for carrying a pasa (noose), just like Nirritti and Yama.
- Varuna used his pasa randomly to seize unsuspecting victims, while Yama used it to drag the soul of a dying person to hell.
- Varuna is known to be equipped with shackles and staff, symbolizing his authority and commanding qualities.
- The word Shatabhisaj is formed from two words, Shata (means hundred) and Bheesaj (healers).
- Hence the literal meaning of Shatabhisha Nakshatra means 100 healers or 100 physicians.
- It demonstrates Varuna’s ability of healing and regaining good health.
- Varuna has a harsh, punishing ability along with a merciful and compassionate one.
- In one of the stories, Sage Agastya is known to have drunk the entire ocean to expose the demon Kalakeya hiding in the ocean to be killed by the Devas.
- Varuna is also supposed to have cursed his father, Kashyapa, along with his mothers, Diti & Aditi, to be born in the Earth plane for having stolen a cow from him to do a yagna.
- The father was reborn as Krishna’s father Vasudeva, and his mothers were born as Rohini and Devaki.
Attributes of Shatabhisha Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 6’40” up to 20’00” in Aquarius (Kumbha).
- The Lord of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is Shani.
- The oceans, rivers, lakes, etc., are derived from this star, which signifies aquatic marine life.
- It concerns boats, concealment, the veil, and to hide beneath the veil, covering, armour, places to hide things, failures, no easy success, sorrow, death, restraint, idleness, peevishness, cynicism, and a mania for excessive cleanliness.
- Diseases indicated by this star are dropsy, rheumatism, and heart disease.
Description of Shatabhisha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native born in Shatabhisha Nakshatra will be foul-mouthed or garrulous, a cheat, a dependent, will lose his sons and brothers, be wealthy and fickle-minded. He will be of miserly disposition, cunning and will destroy his enemies.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born in the star Shatabhisha, he will be an astrologer, tranquil, sparing in diet and daring.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Shatabhisha Nakshatra will be rich with forts (i.e. will own large homes), be addicted to vices, cruel in disposition, will face ups and downs, and be heroic.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native born in the star Shatabhisha Nakshatra speaks clearly (or frankly), is unfortunate (or has some vice), conquers his enemies, is daring and hard to be won over.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra Pada Description
Shatabhisha Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- The native born in the first pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra will be optimistic, cheery, enjoy freedom, lucky, philanthropic, and intellectual. He will seek to be well educated, go to great lengths to learn, become a teacher, expert, advisory, master guru of spirituality or religion.
- Those born in the first pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra are truthful, stable-minded, proud, friendly, and worship guests. They are soft-spoken, wealthy, religious, have many friends, and brave. They are of helping nature, endowed with good qualities, and love their relatives.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- The native born in the second pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra will be practical-minded, realistic at doing what it takes to make things happen, very organized, and wanting to grow professionally.
- Those born in the second pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra pada are fearful, undecided, develop differences of opinion amongst their relatives and deceivers. They wander in foreign countries and develop enmity with women. They suffer from varied losses and are great fools.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- The native born in the third pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra will be doing things out of the social norm, being rebellious and eccentric, transforming things to a new age, wanting to bring change to the world, helping society to be better, and bringing the future to now.
- Those born in the third pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra are slow, endowed with sons, always do incendiary works, travel widely in other countries, examiners of details, idle and possess grabbing mentality of other’s properties. They suffer from varied diseases, accompany the cruel circle, are poor and cause suffering to the clan in which they are born. They are wanted by others and stay away from the righteous path.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- The native born in the fourth pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is compassionate, natural healer, assisting people in need, using imagination to solve a problem, loner by nature, and has strong feelings towards life.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Shatabhisha Nakshatra are poets, involved in creative projects, film editing, image editing, and graphics design. They practice spirituality, live far from their homeland, are forced to work away from home, feel isolated internally, be prone to hallucination, and have addictive tendencies.
Sun’s Ingress (Feb 19th – March 3rd) for Shatabhisha Nakshatra
- Sun enters Shatabhisha Nakshatra on the 19th of February and remains there till the 3rd of March.
- If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Shatabhisha Nakshatra.
- Maha Shivaratri occurs during this period. Maha Shivaratri is celebrated on Shravana Nakshatra.
- Shravan Nakshathra is owned by the Moon. Note that the Sun and the Moon both are in the sign of Saturn. This festival is celebrated at midnight.
- The Moon and Saturn indicate Lord Shiva.
- At midnight the ascendant is Scorpio (Vruschik). Therefore, both the Sun and the Moon are very close to the 4th house or Pathala.
Tree of Shatabhisha: Kadhamba
- The tree for Shatabhisha is Kadhamba, Kadam or Neolamarckia Cadamba.
- This tree is associated with Lord Krishna in northern India.
- In southern India, it is associated with the Goddess Parvathi.
- It is an important raw material in the production of attar or Indian perfume.
- It is suggested for the treatment of wounds, conjunctivitis, mouth ulcers, and urinary tract.
Applications of Kadhamba
- A decoction of the bark is used to wash the infected wound.
- The juice of the fruit is used to treat excessive sweating and thirst.
- A decoction of the root is effective in urinary tract infection.
- The paste of the bark is used to treat pain and itching due to insect bites.
- It is effective in cough and cold.
Astronomical Information of Shatabhisha Nakshatra
- Most of the astronomers agree that Yogatara of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is Hydor or Lambda Aquarii.
- The Moon regularly occults it. It is also a variable star.
- It is a red giant star and categorized as one of the coolest stars.
Shatabhisha Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Rashi compatibility of Shatabhisha Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Taurus, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn
Compatibility Factors of Shatabhisha Nakshatra Groom
- Nadi: Aadhya or First.
- Gana (Nature): Rakshasha or demon.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Horse or Ashwa.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Shatabhisha Nakshatra: Illness due to waterborne diseases.
- Result of first menses on Shatabhisha Nakshatra: Affluent, may have more than 1 child, progress with time, and evolving.
- Result of performing shraddha on Shatabhisha Nakshatra: Gain of cattle.
- Beneficial activities on Shatabhisha: Selling, learning, wearing new clothes and jewellery, stage performance, art and craft, plantation, stitching clothes, marketing, starting a new job, monetary investment, ploughing, sowing seeds, Vaman, Virechan, Shiramokshan, and entering a new property.
- Beneficial savskara or ceremonies on Shatabhisha: Naming, first solid feeding to baby, piercing, haircut, first shave of a baby, introducing letters to a baby, start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha.
Remedies of Shatabhisha Nakshatra
- The remedy for Shatabhisha Nakshatra is quite simple.
- This is a well-known Vastu remedy.
- This Nakshatra is connected with the Varuna, the chief of security.
- In our daily lives, security cameras and system are Varuna.
- The dikpala, or the guardian of the West direction, is the Lord Varuna, which is also the direction of fulfilment of desires as per Vastu.
- Having a CCTV camera pointing in the West starts making the person’s positive desires come to life.
- If you feel uncomfortable having a live camera pointed in this direction, then just leave the camera unplugged.
- The other remedy is about essential oils.
- Most people may not get such quick results from essential oils, but these natives will always get the best results, especially regarding their health.
- It should be noted this is not a medical or health advice.
|Vedic Sooktham||Indhra Sooktham, Varun Sooktham, Pavaman Sooktham|
Quality of Shatabhisha Nakshatra
- Shatabhisha is a chara Nakshatra, which means when something requires movement, this Nakshatra would work best like moving from one house to the other, purchasing land, sending something out for delivery, shifting office, arranging furniture in your home or buying new furniture.
Caste of Shatabhisha Nakshatra
- The caste of Shatabhisha Nakshatra is a butcher, like Swati Nakshatra.
- The butcher of this Nakshatra doesn’t cut for the sake of cutting but want to punish the one who did something wrong by cutting them up.
- A butcher does the butchering after the animal is killed for food and nutrition, but this is Varuna, the punisher.
- He is watching, doing surveillance and judging.
- One wrong move, and he brings out the butcher knife.
Sound of Shatabhisha Nakshatra
- Go- pada 1, Saa- pada 2, See- pada 3, Soo- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Shatabhisha is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Aquarius.
- If someone is a Leo ascendant, then the 7th house would be Aquarius; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for marriage, business, fame and foreign travels.
Summary of Shatabhisha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Symbol||An empty circle|
|Deity||Varuna (the deity for cosmic and terrestrial waters)|
|Rulership||Snarers, anglers, aquatic products, dealers in fish etc., boar hunters, washermen, distillers and fowlers.|
|Moon in Shatabisha||One is truthful and speaks frankly, can be vicious, crushes his enemies, is daring, and does not like to be a subordinate|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
Shatabhisha is a chara Nakshatra, which means when something requires movement, this Nakshatra would work best like moving from one house to the other, purchasing land, sending something out for delivery, shifting office, arranging furniture in your home or buying new furniture.
Which Rashi is Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
An Empty Circle
What is the Gana of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
Common Bur Flower
What are the Initials of Shatabhisha Nakshatra?
Go, Saa, See, Soo
To read this article in Hindi, visit : Shatabhisha Nakshatra in Astrology in Hindi.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report at just ₹99: Click Here.
Get your Vedic horoscope along with predictions and calculations.
Vedic astrology is an ancient science that has its roots in India. It is based on the principle that there is a relationship between the positions of the planets and events that occur on Earth. This system of astrology can be used to make predictions about a person’s future, based on their birth chart. If you are interested in exploring the richness and wisdom of this ancient science, be sure to get your Vedic horoscope by emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need to share your date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, and full name. We will prepare your Vedic astrology horoscope and share it with you. If you feel like paying then you can make the payment. Please note that payments are voluntary as we shall use your payment funds for feeding stray animals. Our animal welfare team shall share the photos and videos of the stray animals who were able to get their meal because of you. Read more about Vidhya Mitra Divine Astrology.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.