Natives born in Revati Nakshatra in Astrology are sensitive, compassionate, caring, giving, selfless in nature, lover of small pets, independent, unaffected by pressure, calm and centred, soft-spoken, extremely deep and spiritual, dreamy, imaginative, intuitive, believing in the inner voice and reflective in nature, understanding the larger scope, detached from the earthly plane, possess a great spiritual understanding and are well educated.
Revati nakshatra in astrology is one of Tiryaka Mukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras with their mouths curved). In these Nakshatras, things related to roads, dams, the expansion of metals, chariots, boats, etc., can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: A Mrudhangam (Indian Drums)
The symbol for Revati is Mrudhangam or drum. This indicates that the babies can recognize your voice because they know it since they are in the womb.
Deity: The Pushan
Pushan is the deity of Revati Nakshatra. Pushan is one of the Aadhithya. He is a God of meetings. He is responsible for marriages, journeys, paths, and cattle feeding.
He conducts souls to other worlds or from another world to this world. He protected travellers from bandits and wild beasts. He also protected men from being exploited by other men. He is a protector of livestock. Goats pull his chariot.
|Range||346⁰ 20” – 360⁰|
|Position||Middle of Revathi|
|Latitude||-0⁰ 12” 48|
|Longitude||356⁰ 1” 13’’|
|Right ascension||1h 13m 28.2s|
|Declination||+7⁰ 32” 56’|
Characteristics of Revati Nakshatra in Astrology
- The yoni animal of Revati Nakshatra is a female elephant.
- Like Bharani Nakshatra, these people are also all about protecting and guarding.
- A female elephant is the most dangerous next to a female bear.
- They will stomp in the ground until there is nothing left of you if you even come ¼ of a mile close to their calf.
- Never mess with a Bharani or a Revati mother. Elephants are big, bulky, huge, and when elephants run or stampede, the ground shakes.
- Elephants have an excellent memory.
- They will never forget what right or wrong you did to them.
- They could take revenge on you or hug you 30 years later if you met them by chance.
- Elephants are family animals and have partners, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc.
- When one dies, they all come to the burial ground because elephants actually know to dig the ground to bury their dead family and relatives on rare occasions.
- The elephant is an animal with a human heart.
- They can consume 50 gallons of water and 200- 600 pounds of food per day. Elephants are slow walkers, walking on toes and are very protective of their young ones, as well as to everyone they know.
- Elephants are known for their beautiful tusks, but it also costs them their lives for which they are killed.
- Purva Ashada, Uttara Ashada, and Revati people will always have issues with their teeth, especially Revati natives.
- Revati natives are extremely protective of their families and children. They lash out at everyone trying to come after them.
- They usually take time to do their work, and they do not like to be disturbed or irritated.
- If you do anything wrong with Revati/Bharani natives, they will remind you of what you did to them even after 30 years; they can be your best friend and close family member at times but will hint that they still remember what you did to them years back.
- Elephants have tusks, which are their teeth. Revati natives will have long teeth and usually some issues with the teeth, which is karma due to what has been happening with elephants in nature for thousands of years as people are hurting them for their tusks.
- This translates into Revati people even having a botched job with a dentist at one point in life where they would undergo several procedures to get their teeth corrected.
- The symbolism of this Nakshatra is the drum and two fishes, which is also related to the Pisces sign.
- The drum symbol is because this Nakshatra’s deity is Pushan, the Lord of wild animals, and Shiva himself is the Lord of wild animals.
- Revati is connected with the sound of Shiva in terms of music, which is the Damru.
- Revati natives are involved in music, dance or poetry, but there is one thing about Damru, the drum, which was used when major news announcements were made in a village or the arrival of an important individual.
- Revati natives will always sound the alarm for cruelty against animals in social media, mainstream media, or personal groups.
- They are extremely against any harm done to animals, like Radagast The Brown in Lord of the Rings, who was connected with nature and wildlife.
- If one only reads what the Lord of the Rings book had to offer on one of 5 wizards, it can be seen that there is a lot of similarities between him and Revati natives.
- The fish represents the duality and confusion within the Revati native.
- One side wants to pace towards its goal, while the other wants to learn and remain in the past.
- People with planets in this Nakshatra remain confused in life about what aim to take, which path to walk on, what decisions to make.
- They do not feel at ease until they connect with nature or fight for nature.
- Most spiritualists would have this Nakshatra because spirituality and its awakening is the higher dimension, away from our ordinary world.
- Fish is also the oldest creature known to man. They have been here for over 500 million years, which also shows the depth and age of the Revati soul.
- When the soul has been through countless cycles of this world, its only interest and path are to find the true nature and its spirit.
- The deity of the Revati Nakshatra is Pushan, one of the 12 Adityas and is the protector of flocks, herds, and safe travels.
- The Adityas are the guardians of universal laws and codes of conduct.
- He also has a special affinity for animals. Pushan is also considered the ruler of the roads. He is the Lord of lost things and lost animals.
- The search of any lost items on a Revati Nakshatra day can prove to be successful.
- Lord Pushan is also the final ferryman, who ushers the souls into the realm of Yama into the netherworld.
- He is also the protector of wayfarers and their belongings, as well as the God of meetings.
- In Daksha’s yagna, Pushan was eating the oblation when Rudra arrived.
- Rudra is supposed to have knocked Pushan’s teeth, and so the offerings to Pushan are made of soft porridge-like mingled soft curd rice.
- As mentioned above, he is the ferryman and protects travellers in their journey.
- This theme of Revati Nakshatra indicates that the natives are well versed in direction and can easily follow maps and reach their destination, and will be experts in navigation.
- Leading others, showing the way to others physically, mentally or through counselling can be a theme for Revati natives.
- Pushan and Ashwin Kumaras are known for their ability to heal animals.
- The energy of Pushan is invoked during the Ashwamedha yagna (horse sacrifice ritual) to protect the horse from falling and injuring his leg and becoming lame, which indicates that the healer for lameness is Pushan.
- It must be noted that the 12th house in astrology or the birth chart is where Revati Nakshatra dwells, and the 12th house denotes the feet of the native.
- Pushan is the shepherd and veterinarian among the Gods.
- As a result, Revati natives have a special affinity and fondness for animals and pets.
- Revati natives can take special interest in zoologists, marine biologists, animal conservationists, etc.
- Pushan’s mode of transportation is unique, with a goat drawn chariot useful in travelling hilly terrains and dangerous roads.
- The animal goat is very adept in climbing hilly terrain and places difficult to access, which shows Revati natives may love exploring places, have an interest in visiting foreign nations and travelling or dwelling near mountains.
- The story of the shepherd also connects Revati closely with Krishna or Christ.
- The natives will be extremely fond and close to one of these figures because both were shepherds and protected animals, which is why they also make great safety officers in corporations.
- Princess Revati is supposed to have been the wife of Lord Balaram.
- The princess and her father approached Brahma and saw that he was sleeping.
- Finally, after waking up, Brahma enquired as to why they were there.
- Her father said he wanted to find a suitable bridegroom for his daughter.
- Brahma mentioned that by waiting for him in Brahma Loka, where time moves at a slower rate than the Earth plane, the corresponding time in Earth had changed yugas, and their kingdoms have vanished with men being shorter than what they were before.
- Brahma said that the only man suitable in this new yuga was Balaram, the elder brother of Lord Krishna.
- Balaram used his plough to make Revati’s height shorter which indicates the partner of Revati natives will be shorter in height.
- This Nakshatra can also provide an extremely tall partner.
- It also shows that a Revati native will procrastinate on choosing their partner and miss out on the perfect match.
- This is the confusion of the two fishes they run into.
- Time goes much slower for Revati, and they will always take their time when doing any task or making any decision.
- Such people are not good at working in a place where quick decision-making is required.
Attributes of Revati Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 16’40” up to 30’00” degree in Pisces (Meena) Rashi.
- Lord is Jupiter (Guru). Pushan is the keeper of cows of the Gods; this leads to keeping cows and animal husbandry, protection and nourishing of dependants, foster-father, etc.
- Pusha means cherishing protected people, nourishment, excellence, material enjoyment, wealth, prosperity, extravagance, and being fat.
- The native of this star advances by leaps and bounds.
- This is the birth star of Shani.
- Anthropomorphically, this is the cavity of the abdomen, groins of Kalapurusha.
Description of Revati Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native of Revati Nakshatra will enjoy a full span of life, be fortunate, be at the disposal of women, will have self-respect and pride, will be full of spirit, very courageous and spiteful.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born in Revati Nakshatra, he will have a broad mark, will be love-sick, lovely, clever in counsel, will have sons, family, and friends, and will enjoy steady and continuous prosperity.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Revati Nakshatra will be charming, wealthy, will enjoy pleasures, be scholarly, very proud, heroic, and will live in foreign lands.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The star Revati makes one have a symmetrical body (a perfect body), and the native will be attractive, heroic, pure, and wealthy.
Revati Nakshatra Pada Description
Revati Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Revati Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the first pada of Revati Nakshatra are learned in scriptures, wise, loved by relatives, reserved, and loved by womenfolk. They are endowed with a circle of friends, cows and are handsome. They are givers, brave, and soft-spoken.
- Those born in the first pada of Revati Nakshatra are calm, optimistic, possessing an easy-going side, spiritual and generous, philosophical, looking at the world analytically and logically, and seeing the world in a broad sense.
- Those born in the first pada of Revati Nakshatra want to teach others how to unlock their imagination, creative arts, teaching, singing, music, art, acting, etc.
- Those born in the first pada of Revati Nakshatra have a tendency to get carried away and can be fanatical.
Revati Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Revati Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the second pada of Revati Nakshatra are angry, handsome, interested in doing dirty jobs, capable of developing differences amongst friends, recollect the help rendered by others, deceivers, and quarrelsome. They do not always pride, speak untruths, are drunkards and without relatives.
- Those born in the second pada of Revati Nakshatra are disciplined, practical, organized, focused on work and career, ambitious in creativity, working hard towards realizing imagination.
- Those born in the second pada of Revati Nakshatra are doing what it takes to bring ideas to a functional state, wanting to make something that benefits society and make a practical career.
- Those born in the second pada of Revati Nakshatra attain material comforts and enjoy luxuries in life.
Revati Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Revati Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the third pada of Revati Nakshatra are gamblers, chatter-boxes, candid with all, truthful, givers, stingy, unloved by many, brave, and suffer from varied difficulties. They are famous but develop friction with their relatives.
- Those born in the third pada of Revati Nakshatra apply imagination to creativity, are true visionaries and are analytical.
- Those born in the third pada of Revati Nakshatra use imagination to help society, maybe a social welfare engineer, trying to sell society on their out of the box ideas.
- Those born in the third pada of Revati Nakshatra are involved in struggles of practicality, against the spiritual and imaginative side, mad scientists, have creative ideas outside the bounds of reality, and may not be profitable.
Revati Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Revati Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Revati Nakshatra are learned, brave, philosophers, and experts in worshipping Gods. They perform Yagnyas (sacrifices), are wise, respected, and possess control over their senses.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Revati Nakshatra are spiritual, very intuitive, working toward calmness, being one with everything, have possible psychic power, interest in metaphysics, and astrology.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Revati Nakshatra are dreamers by nature, with great imagination, engaged in creative arts, and creating arts according to their own image.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Revati Nakshatra are involved in creating artistic works of music, singing, writing, poetry, sculpting, may be withdrawn from society, and potential success comes in seclusion or foreign lands.
Sun’s Ingress (April 1st – April 13th) for Revati Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Revati on April 1st and remains there till April 13th. If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Revati Nakshatra.
- Matsya Jayanti occurs during this period. Matsya Avatar is the first Avatar of Lord Vishnu. Matsya means a fish.
- The Sun was in Pisces sign, and the Moon was in Taurus sign at the birth of Matsya Avatar.
- The Meena means the fish. This Avatar was born when the Sun was in Revati Nakshatra, and the Moon was in Krittika Nakshatra.
Tree for Revati: Mahua
- The tree for Revati Nakshatra is Mahua, Mahula, butter tree, or Madhuca Indica.
- Mahua flowers are edible. They are used to manufacture jaggery and jam. It is used for creating an alcoholic drink.
- Mahua oil is used to make soaps and candles.
- Mahua trees host a Tussar silkworm.
- Its flowering season is from February to April. Flowers are also used as a fermentation agent in Ayurvedic medicines.
- If a snake hole is observed to the north of the Mahua tree, then the water source will be at a distance of 7.5 feet to the west of the snake hole at a depth of 45 feet. This would be an ever-running foamy water stream.
Applications of Mahua
- It improves lactation. The tea of Mahua flowers is beneficial for nursing mothers.
- Mahua flowers can also relieve chronic bronchitis and cough.
- Dried flowers along with milk treat weakness of nerves and diseases of the neuromuscular system.
- Fresh juice of flowers treats hypertension. It is also effective in increasing sperm count.
- Liquid extract of bark and water is gargled to cure bleeding gums.
Astronomical Information of Revati Nakshatra
- Almost all astronomers agree that Zeta Piscium is the Yogathara of Revati.
- It is a binary star system. It is a yellow-white star considered an average temperature star.
Revati Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign (Rashi) compatibility of Revati Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Capricorn
Compatibility Factors of Revati Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aanthya or last.
- Gana (nature): Dev or God.
- Yoni (animal symbol): Gaja or elephant.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Revati Nakshatra: Earning in jewellery.
- Result of first menses on Revati Nakshatra: Religious, well-known, virtuous, determined, and gets happy children.
- Result of performing shraddha on Revati Nakshatra: Acquisition of cattle.
- Beneficial activities on Revati Nakshatra: Wearing new clothes and jewellery, stage performance, art, and craft, meeting friends, romance, washing precious clothes for the first time, beginning of new construction, plantation, selling, marketing, digging a well or a borewell, begin learning dance, starting a new job, monetary investment, ploughing, sowing seeds and entering a new property.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Revati Nakshatra: Naming, first solid feeding to baby, piercing, haircut, first shave of a baby, introducing letters to a baby, threading ceremony, Anugraha, Deeksha, and wedding.
Remedies for Revati Nakshatra
|Feed||Split lentil or dal|
|Vratham||Thrichakalpa Sooryanamaskara, Ravivar Vratham,|
|Vedic Sooktham||Pushna Sooktham, Thrisuparna Mantrani, Madhu Sooktham|
Quality of Revati Nakshatra
- Revati is a Mridu Nakshatra, which means it’s good for doing activities like search, research, going on a cruise, starting a creative or artistic project especially related to dancing and music, sexual activities, pleasure, date night, attainment of pleasurable things or anything that gives you pleasure like gems, new clothing, buying a camera, lights, and contacting an architect for your dream home construction, etc.
Caste of Revati Nakshatra
- Revati Nakshatra is a working caste.
- The natives want to work for the creativity, which comes from a divine and abstract source.
- They are not the normal workers in a factory and will only make good workers when using their abstract imagination, researching or something from their 6th sense to change the world.
- The other remedy is using musical instruments or having a workable musical instrument in the house, especially in the North or Northeast.
Sound of Revati Nakshatra
- Day- pada 1, Dow- pada 2, Cha- pada 3, Chee- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Revati is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Pisces.
- If someone is a Leo ascendant, then the 8th house would be Pisces; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial or bring major transformation in terms of married life, tantra, hidden knowledge, secrets, or if there are lots of karma stuck in the 8 th house then they become alive.
Summary of Revati Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Deity||God of protection|
|Rulership||Aquatic products, fruits and flowers, salt, gems, conch shell, pearls, lotuses, perfumes, flowers, traders and sailors (or helmsmen).|
|Moon in Revati||The native has well-developed limbs, looks lovely and graceful, is a hero, pure and wealthy.|
|Purushartha||Moksha or enlightenment|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Revati Nakshatra?
Revati is a Mridu Nakshatra, which means it’s good for doing activities like search, research, going on cruise, starting a creative or artistic project especially related to dancing and music, sexual activities, pleasure, date night, attainment of pleasurable things or anything that gives you pleasure like gems, new clothing, buying a camera, lights, and contacting an architect for your dream home construction, etc.
Which Rashi is Revati Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Revati Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Revati Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Revati Nakshatra?
Drum, Pair of Fish
What is the Gana of Revati Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Revati Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Revati Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Revati Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Revati Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Revati Nakshatra?
Indian Butter tree
What are the Initials of Revati Nakshatra?
Day, Dow, Cha, Chee
To read this article in Hindi, visit : Revati Nakshatra in Astrology in Hindi.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report at just ₹99: Click Here.
Get into the zone of virtual reality from the comfort of your home and experience the best gaming, live concerts, films and more! Buy All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset. Click here.
Get your Vedic horoscope along with predictions and calculations.
Vedic astrology is an ancient science that has its roots in India. It is based on the principle that there is a relationship between the positions of the planets and events that occur on Earth. This system of astrology can be used to make predictions about a person’s future, based on their birth chart. If you are interested in exploring the richness and wisdom of this ancient science, be sure to get your Vedic horoscope by emailing your details to email@example.com.
You need to share your date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, and full name. We will prepare your Vedic astrology horoscope and share it with you. If you feel like paying then you can make the payment. Please note that payments are voluntary as we shall use your payment funds for feeding stray animals. Our animal welfare team shall share the photos and videos of the stray animals who were able to get their meal because of you. Read more about Vidhya Mitra Divine Astrology.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.