Natives born in Bharani Nakshatra are strong, seek happiness through physical activity, are competitive, athletic, growth-oriented, pushing limits, hard-working, resilient, do not quit at the mercy of passions, engaging in desires, attracting the opposite sex, naturally sexual, indulgent, romantic, creating life (children), loyal to loved ones, and take care of the family.
Bharani Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Adhomukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths downwards). In these nakshatras, things related to tanks, wells, temples, mining, digging, etc. can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Bharani Nakshatra in Astrology
Symbol: The Yoni
Yoni is the symbol of Bharani Nakshatra. Yoni means the source. Another meaning of Yoni is animal species.
Deity: The Yama
The deity of Bharani Nakshatra is the God of death, the Yama, and the symbol is Yoni. Death is an indication of this cycle’s end, and the Yoni suggests the next birth. The source of the baby is a mother, and therefore this symbol suggests the mother’s need for the baby.
|Range||13⁰ 20” – 26⁰ 40”|
|Position||South of Bharani|
|Latitude||10⁰ 26” 58’|
|Longitude||24⁰ 20” 48’|
|Right ascension||2h 49m 41.3s|
|Declination||27⁰ 14” 24’|
Bharani Nakshatra in Astrology
Characteristics of Bharani Nakshatra in Astrology
- The animal of Bharani Nakshatra is the elephant. The elephant is big, bulky, huge, and when elephant runs or stampede, the ground shakes.
- An elephant has an excellent memory. Hence, the natives of Bharani Nakshatra will never forget what right or wrong you did to them.
- They can take either revenge on you or hug you 30 years later if you meet them by chance.
- Elephant is a family animal, and they have partners, children, grandparents, aunts, uncles etc.
- When one dies, they all come to the burial ground because elephants actually know how to dig the ground to bury their dead family and relatives on rare occasions.
- It is pretty much an animal with a human heart.
- They can consume 50 gallons of water and 200-600 pounds of food per day.
- They are very protective about everyone they know, not just their own young ones.
- Elephants are also known for their beautiful tusks.
- A Bharani native is extremely protective of their family and children.
- They lash out at anyone trying to come after them for any type of reason.
- They usually take time to do their tasks, and in that, they do not like to be disturbed, else they get irritated.
- Once you do anything wrong to a Bharani native, they will remind you of what you did to them even after 30 years. They can be your best friend and a close family member at times, but they will give a hint that they didn’t forget what you did to them when they were 8 years old.
- Elephants have tusks, which are their teeth; hence, Bharani natives will have quite long teeth and usually some issues with the teeth, which is karma due to what has been happening with an elephant in nature for many years, where people are hurting them for their tusks.
- This translate into Bharani natives even having a botched job with a dentist at one point in life where they would have to do several procedures to get their teeth correct.
- The element of Bharani is the fire of Yoni. This fire is the fire of destined birth.
- It’s the fire of sexual expression when the fire is at its maximum.
- Bharani natives are quite restrained in the early part of their life, but when they come into their sexual maturity, they blossom much faster and catch to those who have already blossomed before them.
- The Yoni is the gateway of birth and not just a physical private part of a woman.
- The other symbolism is the boat, which takes the native into the realm of ancestors on the other side.
- Act of sex with a Bharani native is like an anchor for the opposite sex.
- They feel fulfilled and attached to the symbolic boat. But due to the devata of Bharani, one usually has some issues with the womb either before or after the birth of a child if Bharani is influenced or aspected by a malefic.
- The fire of creation shows a Bharani native is fulfilled through having a child. The womb is the result of Yoni’s presence. The devata of this Nakshatra is the graceful Yama.
Bharani Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
- He’s the one who takes you in his cradle on his black buffalo to show you the reality of the Universe vs the illusion you were living as a physical body.
- Knowing these small facts about Yama, we see that the native is attracted to death, and loves to know what is on the other side.
- They even go through near-death and out of body experiences.
- Bharani natives always get skin issues in the leg, some form of injury to the leg in their lifetime.
- Knowing that Yama is the one who judges us after our death, the Bharani native always judges people and loves being in the place of either being a lawyer or fights for injustice or being in a human resource position where they deal with legal policies, rules and regulations.
- Such natives are also attracted to pathology, undertaker and gynaecologist.
- Since Yama took a stance against his stepmother, a Bharani native will have a hard time getting along with his mother, especially if she is a stepmother and will also rebel against his father for not seeing what was happening with them.
- Yama is about keeping the order in the Universe, following rules and laws.
- This can also translate into following a code, whether code of ethics, code of God, cult or government.
- You will notice that such people love the Samurai culture of code and love wearing ancient body armours.
- The Bharani natives will be interested in studying Indian culture and history alongside, for instance, Mythology.
- This interest comes due to the fact that bodies in their culture were mummified as they knew after death and rebirth, the native would come and collect their belongings and their body.
- Since these cultures dealt with death in such a mystical and beautiful way, it only relates to honouring Yama.
- The ritual of death is one of the most important rituals your body can experience while on this planet.
- Whatever culture honour death, it honours Yama.
Lord Yama in Astrology
- Shamanism is a big thing with the Bharani natives.
- They either take an interest in becoming one or make friends with modern-day shamans.
- A Shaman is a person who connects with the dead souls and works in the world of death.
- Yama, due to his injury on his leg and his brother, Shani, who gets debilitated in Bharani, both are slow movers.
- Since Yama gets delayed due to obstacles in his path, the Bharani natives, too, get delayed in their undertakings and any type of work they take on.
- Such people, even if promptly, somehow always are delayed in que.
- Sun being the hottest and biggest thing in the sky, shows no one can look into his eyes, or else they go blind.
- Bharani natives always, at some point in early childhood, do not look at their father eye-to-eye.
- They always either look elsewhere or close their eyes.
- They also tend to have very gloomy eyes or eyes with a shadow of darkness around it.
- You can easily spot Bharani eyes.
- Being the son of Sun, Yama has a great authority, which transpires into human behavior.
- Bharani native is all about having the authority.
- They sometimes may not even listen to others because they feel their authority is being questioned.
- There is always some minor or major issue that occurs at the last minute in whatever task they try to take.
- If they start shooting a movie, then on the scheduled day, they would encounter rain on the location set.
- If they are lawyers, then last minute, some paperwork or witness might go missing.
- Yama is about taking life, taking the soul from human bio-mechanical suit, and transporting it into its true form on the other side. We can see this same behavior in Bharani children where they would say phrases like “all done, I am finished, goodbye, I am done with you, I am finished with you.”
Deity of Bharani Nakshatra – Lord Yama
Attributes of Bharani Nakshatra in Astrology
- It is possible to have an idea of Bharani Nakshatra’s nature from the nature of Rahu in Astrology, Mangal, and Yama.
- Rahu gives extravagant enjoyment of material pleasure and is later on the cause of sorrow.
- Mangal gives courage, strength, exaltation, and hope.
- Yama gives purity, cleanliness, justice, and integrity.
- The sense of restraint is also Yamas’ gift; he is the Lord of Dharma, a stern disciplinarian, a ruthless expositor of truth, and a refuge for kings and law-abiding subjects.
Description of Bharani Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native who has a quietly disposed mind will be unsteady in thinking, be after women, dear to his brothers, self-respected, courageous, helpful to friends, long-lived, and with less number of sons.
- According to Jataka Parijata: The native will have a defective limb, will be addicted to another’s wife, be cruel, ungrateful, and will possess wealth.
- According to Sage Narada:: The native born in Bharani Nakshatra will be skillful in sexual acts, be truthful, resolute in his undertakings, bereft of sickness, fortunate, and will eat little food.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native makes one carry out one’s determination, is truthful, free from ill health, efficient, and happy.
Bharani Nakshatra Pada Description
Bharani Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Bharani Nakshatra is ruled by Leo Navamsa (Governed by Sun).
- Those who are born in the first pada of Bharani Nakshatra are kingly, daring, winners of wars, have mixed results with family and friends, are wide-eyed, golden complexioned, and always carry weapons.
- Those who are born in the first pada of Bharani Nakshatra are driven, action-oriented, willful, fame or recognition seeking, responsible and creative.
- Those who are born in the first pada of Bharani Nakshatra are making a better world or environment, wanting to inspire, confidence through the creation.
- Those who are born in the first pada of Bharani Nakshatra are lovers of children, politics, having students, ignorant, and offensive to others.
Bharani Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Bharani Nakshatra is ruled by Virgo Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- Those born in the second pada of Bharani Nakshatra are neutrals, magicians, brushed by death, win over women, do not pride, and know their job. They are also well versed in trading and are learned.
- Those born in the second pada of Bharani Nakshatra are hard-working, organized, focused on details, perfectionists and service-oriented.
- Those born in the second pada of Bharani Nakshatra are helpful in others’ issues, solving health problems, fixing issues, thinking about actions, fearing results of actions, self-critical, judgmental, and not-picky.
- Those born in the second Pada of Bharani Nakshatra have anxiety issues, procrastination tendencies, nervous energy, and fail to see the big picture.
Bharani Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Bharani Nakshatra is ruled by Libra Navamsa (Governed by Venus).
- Those born in the third pada of Bharani Nakshatra are fearless, sexy, enthusiastic, daring, always lovable, conduct auspicious celebrations in the house, are respected by the king, and learned in many fields.
- Those born in the third pada of Bharani Nakshatra are relationship-seeking; their relationships take centerfold, and be the dominant partner in a relationship.
- Those born in the third pada of Bharani Nakshatra have partnerships to get things moving, their sexual energy is put towards maintaining or developing relationships, business partnerships, love romances, etc.
- Those born in the third pada of Bharani Nakshatra have a creative personality, are artistic, interested in crafting, design work, know music and how to balance energy.
Bharani Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Bharani Nakshatra is ruled by Scorpio Navamsa (Governed by Mars).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Bharani Nakshatra are poor, cruel, affected, angry, intolerant, stubborn, endowed with many children, slip at the time of results of any job and deceive anybody to get their job done.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Bharani Nakshatra are action takers, natural investigators, looking deep into matters, taking things head-on, detective, truth seekers.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Bharani Nakshatra are heroic and helpful, thrives in emergencies, dangers, are courageous, going where no one dares, extending help to those that others fear, interested in hidden sciences, underground interests, occult, astrology, tarot, paranormal, and using actions based on occult knowledge.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Bharani Nakshatra are creative, lean on the dark side of life, dark poetry, art, music or dark sexual practices, dark obsessions, have possible stalker tendencies, paranoia, and are guarded.
Sun’s Ingress (April 28th – May 9th) for Bharani Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Bharani on April 28th and remains there till May 9th.
- If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Bharani Nakshatra. This is the Nakshatra of Lord Yama, and no major festivals are observed during this period.
- Bharani Shraddha is performed during pithru paksha when the Moon is in Bharani Nakshatra, because the Sun is in Magha Nakshatra during pithru paksha and the deity of Magha is cithara.
- Bharani Shraddha is generally performed once after the death of the individual.
Tree of Bharani: Jyothishmathi
- Jyothishmathi, Vrisha, Mal-Kangana, or Celastrus paniculatus is a tree for Bharani Nakshatra.
- It is a creeper mostly found in jungles.
- The fruits are the size of peas. Ripened fruits are blue.
- Oil can be extracted from the seeds.
- If a snake hole is found to the side of the Jyothishmathi tree, then the underwater stream can be found to the north of the hole at a distance of 4.5 feet and a depth of 21 feet.
- If the land is dry but fertile, then water is found at a depth of 30 feet, and if the land is arid, then the water stream can be found at a depth of 42 feet.
Applications of Jyothishmathi
- It is a brain tonic, enhances intelligence, and sharpens memory.
- It is good for the liver and effective in fatty liver.
- It also improves sexual desire is a sedative and induces good sleep.
- Leaves stimulate blood flow in the pelvic.
- The seeds are effective in migraine and epilepsy.
Astronomical Information of Bharani Nakshatra
- Some astronomers believe that Yogathara of Bharani is 35 Arietis, while others believe it is 41 Arietis.
- 41 Arietis should be considered based on both apparent magnitude and ecliptic latitude.
- This system consists of a binary star. This star does not have a proper name, and it also does not have Bayer’s Greek letter.
- It is a blue-white star. It is categorized as a scorching star.
Remedies for Bharani Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Bharani Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign (Rashi) compatibility of Bharani Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Pisces
Compatibility Factors of Bharani Nakshatra
- Nadi: Madhya or middle.
- Gana (nature): Manushya or human.
- Yoni (animal symbol): Gaja or elephant.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Bharani Nakshatra: Loss of clothes.
- Result of first menses on Bharani Nakshatra: May enjoy flirting, may face abortions and have challenges to get pregnant.
- Result of performing shraddha on Bharani Nakshatra: Prosperity.
- Beneficial activities on Bharani Nakshatra: Diplomacy, attack on the enemy, manufacturing weapons, buy couch or bed and marketing.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Bharani Nakshatra: No ceremonies are suggested on this Nakshathra.
Remedies of Bharani Nakshatra
- The best remedy for this Nakshatra is to honor one’s ancestors, cooking food for them and offering in their name to a temple, mosque, church or synagogue.
- The other remedy is to keep their teeth in great shape at all times, using a brass elephant statue at home where the trunk of the elephant is raised up with full tusks.
- The direction of the elephant statue depends upon the planet sitting in this Nakshatra because each planet has their own direction.
|Vratham||Yama Dhwithiya or Yama Dheepam|
|Vedic Sooktham||Vata Yama Sooktham, Yama Sooktham|
Remedies for Bharani Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Caste of Bharani Nakshatra
- Bharani is an outcast Nakshatra, which means they will always do and like things which are against the social norms of society.
- They will feel excited and ostracized by friends, family and the outer world.
- This is why the outcast Nakshatra individuals do extremely well spiritually and become legends because they do not believe in the status quo.
- Since Bharani is the Nakshatra of ancestors, due to the nature of the soul being extracted by Yama and taken to pitra loka, these natives behave like Yama.
- Bharani natives are not afraid of the gore, blood, dead or the rotting flesh.
- On a normal basis, such natives would be great pathologists, but on the other side, they can become victims of the underworld, the world of crime, murder and extortion.
- These professions are known to be outcasts as no one wants to hear about such work for the day.
- Even being the outcast, Bharani natives do their work by following all the rules and regulations of the game they are playing.
Summary of Bharani Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Deity||Yama (the God of death)|
|Rulership||Those who feed on blood and flesh, cruel men, are engaged in killing, imprisonment and beating others, low-born persons, and those who are devoid of courage (character or nobility).|
|Moon in Bharani||The native is firm in his resolutions, truthful, healthy, dexterous, free from grief and is happy.|
|Nature||Sharp and soft (mixed)|
|Purushartha||Moksha or enlightenment|
Summary of Bharani Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Animal of Bharani Nakshatra?
The Animal of Bharani Nakshatra in an Elephant.
What is Special about Bharani Nakshatra?
Bharani is known to be a Ugra nakshatra, which are best for funeral rights, going to war, causing destruction, learning about death, search for paranormal, ghost, spirits, scare someone, tantric fire rituals, crematorium, funeral home or where dead rest.
Which Rashi is Bharani Nakshatra?
The sign associated with Bharani Nakshatra is Aries/Mesh.
Who is the Lord of Bharani Nakshatra?
Venus is the Lord of Bharani Nakshatra.
Who is the Deity of Bharani Nakshatra?
The Lord Yama (Yamraj), The Lord of death and the underworld is the Deity of Bharani Nakshatra.
What is the Symbol of Bharani Nakshatra?
Womb, Female reproductive organ.
What is the Gana of Bharani Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Bharani Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Bharani Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Bharani Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Bharani Nakshatra?
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.