The native born in Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology is confident, bold in approach, straightforward, finds luck and is prosperous in life, intelligent, open-minded toward others, creative-minded, artistic, an enjoyer of fine arts, loves participating in the entertainment industry, natural artists, actors, musicians, singers, have an interest in painting, designing, glamour, fashion, photography, can possess much information on music, and arts.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology is one of the Adhomukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths downwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to tanks, wells, temples, mining, digging, etc. can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: A Platform
The symbol for Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is a stage or a platform. This has 2 meanings. First, the stage for birth has been formed. This is also an indication of the development of hands and legs.
Deity: The Bhaga
The Lord of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is Bhaga. Bhaga is one of the Aadhithya. He is the son of Aadhithi and Kashyapa. Bhaga’s wife is Siddhi. Bhaga is considered the God of morning and happiness. The meaning of the word Bhaga is 10 different types of wealth. He is also the God of marriage. Bhaga indicates wealth gained from one’s family. Bhaga represents the body of all living beings.
|Range||133⁰ 20” – 146⁰ 40””|
|Yogathara||Zosma or Delta Leonis|
|Position||North of Purva Phalguni|
|Latitude||+ 14⁰ 20”’|
|Longitude||137⁰ 27” 33’’|
|Right ascension||11h 13m 50.6s|
|Declination||+20⁰ 33” 4|
Characteristics of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology
- The yoni animal of Purva Phalgun Nakshatra is a female rat.
- The native’s sexual drive and drive for pleasure are enormous because female rats can mate 500 times in 6 hours.
- The story of Purva Phalguni is about Bhaga. He is the God of good fortune, material bliss, sex, lust, love, romance and rest.
- He also brings in family inheritance.
- The story goes that, when Daksha was doing a yagna, he invited every God to attend except Shiva, who was one of his daughter’s husband.
- Shiva was not invited, especially due to Sati marrying him.
- Sati committed suicide, which irked Shiva. Virabhadra came and destroyed the yagna and blinded Bhaga, the deity of Purva Phalguni.
- This is why Purva Phalguni natives spend money blindly, and also, they get their eyes injured at some point, even if it’s a pink eye or mosquito bite around the eye area.
- Purva Phalguni natives do not like staying around yagnas, cutting onions, for too long as their eyes start to itch easily.
- Bhaga is a party animal, having sex parties, orgies, drinking and countless mates.
- For Bhaga, sex and sexual expression was a way to experience divinity.
- He is known to be brothers with Varuna and Indra.
- All three brothers are known for partying, drinking and enjoying everything heavens has to offer.
- The symbolism of this Nakshatra is a bed and fireplace.
- This symbol is really known for the back legs of the bed, where the head rests.
- When we think of a bed and fireplace, it’s the coziest place and perhaps the most romantic spot.
- This is exactly what this Nakshatra energy represents.
- It is about rest, sleep, love making and enjoying one’s time.
- Purva Phalguni natives love sleeping on bed; they love sleeping in the middle of the day, wanting to oversleep in the morning, working from the bed, eating from the bed; pretty much whatever can be done sitting on a table, they rather do it on the bed.
- Most of the time, jugs of water or many glasses of water near the bedside can also be found, as the opposite sign is Aquarius, the water bearer.
- Purva Phalguni natives are also known to love eating salmon, extra salted foods, fried foods or junk food.
- This habit stems from Bhaga’s big appetite for everything, especially food made of pure ghee, which means oily food.
- The Phalguni is also known as the star of marriage. However, sex before marriage is seen with Purva and commitment of marriage through Uttara Phalguni Nakshatra. Still, natives of these Nakshatras not only strive for a strong bond in their relationship, but they are brilliant matchmakers.
- If one needs someone to match them, then they should look for a Phalguni.
- Sometimes, they even become professional matchmakers, not just in love and romance, but also in business.
Attributes of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 13’20” to 26’40” Leo (Simha).
- It is also called the Bhagadaivata star. All majestic pleasure, prosperity, love, enjoyment, and sensual delight are caused by this Nakshatra.
- The origin of creation signifies coming into being and development. Its closure means destruction.
- The native, in personal, life succeeds in mastering the six impulses, especially the impulse of creativity, which also masters death.
- Therefore, on the one hand, this star symbolizes the joy of creation and enjoyment, and on the other hand, signifies desirelessness and asceticism.
- On the one hand, it is the gateway to the creation and its basic seed. On the other hand, it aims at renunciation, dissolution, and a merger in ‘Brahma’.
- Fame and eminence are the special features of this star. Poorva Phalguni and Uttara Phalguni are symbols of good fortune and luck.
Description of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native who has Purva Phalguni Nakshatra as his natal Nakshatra will be an affable speaker, liberal in donations, mean-minded (or depressed), be burdened with varied expenses, have obedient servants, be famous, and will fear war.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born under the star Poorva Phalguni, i.e. when the Moon is in that asterism, he will be restless, practicing evil, liberal, strong, and longing for women.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Poorva Phalguni Nakshatra will be brilliant, a wanderer, charitable, versed in the art of dance, discerning and skillful.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The star Purva Phalguni makes one sweet-tongued, liberal in gifts, bright in appearance, fond of wandering, and a servant of the king.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Pada Description
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is ruled by Leo Navamsa (Governed by Sun).
- Those born in the first pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are endowed with all good qualities, enjoy life, endowed with many children, kind-hearted, capable of doing varied jobs, satisfied, trouble others, not trusted, cruel, soft-spoken, and loved by people.
- Those born in the first pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are independent, focused on self, self-made, confident, willful and courageous, wanting to stand out, being recognized as an authority, entitled to lead, be the most creative of leaders.
- Those born in the first pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are aesthetically pleasing, showcasing looks, wearing luxurious items, naturally creative, creative in business, and entertainment industry.
- Those born in the first pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra have issues with over blown ego, stubbornness, laziness, and are short-tempered.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is ruled by Virgo Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- Those born in the second pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are famous, unenthusiastic, sad, and hate women.
- Those born in the second pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are intellectual, knowledgeable, clever, calm yet enthusiastic, communicative, active, goal-oriented, detail-oriented, perfectionists, workaholics, and natural managers.
- Those born in the second pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are creative, focused on specific creative goals, worried about creative efforts, and creating wealth through creative work efforts.
- Those born in the second pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are perfect artists, producing timeless or special works, making no mistakes, and may become business people, natural entrepreneurs, traders, brokers, writers, technical or creative writers.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is ruled by Libra Navamsa (Governed by Venus) .
- Those born in the third pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra love their relatives, are experts in architecture and sculpture, and are great givers. They are great and experts in many fields, always doing a good job, and they may be said to be perfect personalities.
- Those born in the third pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are creative through relationships, inspired by relationships, love pushes the native forward, energy comes when engaged in partnerships, and are team players.
- Those born in the third pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra emphasis relationships, show compassion in relationships, are generous and soft-hearted, help partners in need, want to be popular, showcase a beautiful image before others, and bring sensual desires to partners.
- Those born in the third pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are very creative, wanting to draw attention to art, refining art, making something look more aesthetically pleasing, lover of team sports, playing with a partner, enjoying competition for social pleasure, designing team uniforms, their inspiration dies when alone, and they lack of strong competitiveness.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is ruled by Scorpio Navamsa (Governed by Mars).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra support Gods and Brahmins, are capable administrators, wealthy and carry out good works.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are intensely creative, wanting to express themselves through artistic expression, are competitive artists, and want to be the best creator.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are lovers of darker art, mystical art, astrological art, art portraying death and rebirth, art inspired by deep feeling, showcasing psychological themes in arts, poets, songwriters.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra are willful, courageous, aggressive, ambitious, have high goals, sports talents, fiery, competitive, athletic, aesthetic arts, graceful at sports, creative at sports, inventing new moves, styles, formations or refining classic concepts.
Sun’s Ingress (Aug 30th – Sept 12th) of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
- Sun enters Poorva Phalguni Nakshatra on Aug 30th and stays there till Sept 12th.
- If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Poorva Phalguni Nakshatra.
- If we consider the phase of a mother and baby, it can be correlated to the prayers during this period because, during this period, Goddess Parvathi, Harthalika or Gauri is worshipped along with her son Lord Ganesha.
- Gauri is the mother, and worshipping her suggests the care to be taken of the pregnant mother during this period for a healthy child like Ganesha.
Tree of Purva Phalguni: Palash
- The tree of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is Palash.
- Palash or Butea Monosperma has the best alkali-yielding nature.
- The leaves are used to make plates. Flowers are added to water to play during the Holi festival.
- Palash is used as an offering in religious practices (Havan).
- Some people also tie its root to the arm.
- The wood is used to make utensils for religious ceremonies (Yadnya).
- After the threading ceremony, one is supposed to carry a stick made of the Palash tree.
- The flowers of the Palash tree are offered to Goddess Kali and Lord Krishna. Due to its flowers, it is called the flame of the forest.
Applications of Palash
- A decoction of Palash bark powder is used in menstrual irregularities.
- Powder of Palash seeds is effective in the case of intestinal worms.
- Palash stem resin, along with warm water, helps in piles.
- A paste of Palash flowers applied on the skin is effective in restoring skin color.
- Palash bark decoction along with salt is used in case of nasal congestion.
Astronomical Information of Purva Phalguni
- Astronomers are divided on Yogathara of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra.
- Some think it is Delta Leonis, while others believe it is Theta Leonis.
- Delta Leonis is considered based on apparent magnitude and longitude.
- This star comes on the rump of the Leo. It is a triple star.
- It is double the size of the Sun and emits 15 times more light than Sun.
- It is a white star and is considered hotter than the average star.
Purva Phalguni Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Rashi Compatibility of Purva Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Pisces
Rashi Compatibility of Purva Nakshatra Groom
Aries, Gemini, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Pisces
Compatibility Factors of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
- Nadi: Madhya or middle.
- Gana (nature): Dev or God.
- Yoni (animal symbol): Mooshak or mouse.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Purva Phalguni Nakshatra: Penalty from the government.
- Result of first menses on Purva Phalguni Nakshatra: Supportive to others but feels helpless, aggressive, children’s behaviour can be unpleasant, can be unclean.
- Result of performing shraddha on Purva Phalguni Nakshatra: Good fortune.
- Beneficial activities on Purva Phalguni Nakshatra: Diplomacy, attack on the enemy, manufacturing weapons, marketing and partnerships.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Purva Phalguni Nakshatra: Start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha.
Remedies of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
- The best remedy for this Nakshatra is the bed.
- When the bed is not in a good shape, and wobbly or has cracks in the legs, the native’s life will be unbalanced.
- One of the most important things for Phalguni is to have a bed with a headboard.
- A headboard represents support, structure and luxury.
- The other thing that is important for them is to do fire ceremonies every month like a yagna, havan, bonfire; even cooking on an open fire becomes a remedy.
- The other important thing is a fireplace in the South direction.
- When these natives move into a house with a fireplace in the South, their life lights up and gives them warmth.
- The other simple remedy is to have a statue of a brass mouse in their home, especially in the Southwest or South direction.
|Feed||Shastika, Njavara or Navara rice|
|Vedic Sooktham||Bhagya Sooktham|
Remedies for Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Quality of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
- Purva Phalguni Nakshatra is an ugra Nakshatra, which is a fierce Nakshatra. This quality of the Nakshatra is very different and becomes a compliment for such sensual, sexual Nakshatra.
- This Nakshatra may sound creative, sensual, lustful, sexual, social, but there is a fire that breaths within, just like the chaos that Shiva created during the yagna of Daksha.
- Activities done on this Nakshatra day turns out to be volatile and violent, creating disputes and arguments.
Caste of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
- The caste of this Nakshatra is Brahmin (Priest).
- The native has extreme lust and passion for knowledge and understanding rituals and themes of one’s ancestors.
- One must not mistake the native’s sexual nature with someone who is an airhead. Sex and lust have no bearing on one’s intelligence.
Sound of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra
- Mo- pada 1, Taa- pada 2, Tee- pada 3, Too- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attach to it known as brand. One must look at their chart with accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Purva Phalguni is in their chart, which means where is the Leo sign.
- If someone is a Gemini ascendant, then the 3rd house would be Leo; when using such brands or names that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for travel, communication, sales, marketing, self-effects and performing arts, and creating social circle.
Summary of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Deity||Bhaga (one of the Adityas, responsible for conjugal bliss and wealth)|
|Rulership||Actors, young women, amiable persons, musicians, artists, commodities, cotton, salt, honey, oil, and boys.|
|Purva Phalguni Nakshatra in Astrology||Teacher, counsellor, consultant|
|Moon in Purva Phalguni||The native is sweet-spoken and is persuasive in speech. He is agreeable, generous, handsome, majestic, very prone to travel (by foot), and engaged in honouring and serving the king.|
|Purushartha||Kama or desire|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
This is ugra Nakshatra, which is a fierce Nakshatra. This quality of the Nakshatra is very different and becomes a compliment for such sensual, sexual Nakshatra. This Nakshatra may sound creative, sensual, lustful, sexual, social, but there is a fire that breaths within, just like the chaos that Shiva created during the yagna of Daksha.
Which Rashi is Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
Front legs of a bed, Swinging hammock, Fireplace, Platform
What is the Gana of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
Flame of the Forest, Parrot tree
What are the Initials of Purva Phalguni Nakshatra?
Mo, Taa, Tee, Too
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.