Mercury in 9th House in Astrology
Mercury in 9th house in Astrology represents philosophy, religion, higher learning, dealing with your teachers, teachings of your father, public teachings, long-distance travel, holy pilgrimage, learning the art of preaching, fortune and wealth, intelligence, speech, communication, logical mind, analytical abilities and ability to distinguish logic from mythology.
Significance and Characteristics of Native Mercury in 9th House in Astrology
- The native of mercury in the ninth house communicates well with their relatives and siblings as mercury loves to communicate. Mercury in the ninth house represents youthfulness, young self and young people.
- Mercury in the ninth house is a representative of tremendous intelligence, which helps in higher education such as PhD. The native of mercury in the ninth house has the ability to write well, the ability to communicate well, and he can all the religious texts and philosophy he learned to commercial use, such as a professor or a teacher. The main purpose of the native is to commercialise his ability and make money through it.
- The native with Mercury in the ninth house can be a greedy, self-centred and money-oriented person. If there’s influence from Jupiter, then the native doesn’t opt for the commercialisation of talents and starts to be more spiritual and compassionate.
- The ninth house is the house of siblings, courage, efforts, distance travel, marketing, sales, media and writing. The native of mercury aspires to learn and has the ability to do so. However, since mercury is present in the ninth house, he will still be a businessman, and he will still want to publish his writing about religion and philosophy because he thinks he can do good for himself and the world by commercialising his talents.
Mercury in 9th House in Astrology
What does 9th House Signify in Astrology ?
The 9th House in Astrology shows interest in religion, long-distance travel, and higher philosophical education. This house rules the advance or higher education like PhD or masters and the education that brings wisdom in one’s life, whether negative or positive. This house also represents the law field as the 9th house is about doing the right things or being punished for the wrong deeds. It’s the house of your gurus, teachers and teachings of your father.
The 9th House starts the third group of 4 houses. The transformative qualities of the 8th house settle into a consistent pattern in the 9th house. Physically, the 9th house corresponds to the upper part of the legs, that is, the thighs.
Sagittarius corresponds to the 9th house as the ruler of Sagittarius is Jupiter, adding higher education and fortune to its significations.
What does Mercury represent in Astrology ?
Mercury in 9th House makes a person intelligent, because, in order for anyone to have good communication, one needs to be intelligent.
Mercury also represents a native’s business and management skills due to his calculative and logical nature and love for the marketplace. Mercury in Astrology represents speech. It also governs the logical and intellectual side of the mind, the thinking process that precedes speech, the ability to communicate and anything related to language, whether it’s using symbols, logic, information processing, or connecting with people or things.
Auspicious Results of Mercury in 9th House in Astrology
- One with mercury in the 9th house is well-behaved and religious, intelligent, truthful, benevolent, may have control over his senses, and may enjoy the company of good people.
- One will be religious, charitable, enthusiastic, and faithful to one’s religion.
- One will be knowledgeable about shastras, scholarly, religious, happy, and performer of pious deeds.
- One will meditate, be saintly, practice the Vedas and yogas, and scholar of the Veda and shastras.
- One is fortunate and will enjoy much happiness.
- One will be interested in pilgrimages and religious rituals like yagyas.
- One may get religious places, wells and gardens constructed.
- One will be valiant and will always defeat enemies.
- One will bring fame to his family through knowledge, wealth, and fame.
- One will be blessed with wealth, spouse, son, children, property, and happiness.
- One will be a scholar, a poet, a speaker, a musician, a publisher, a writer, or an astrologer.
- One’s good fortune starts after marriage, and he progresses in service and business.
- One will be a publisher, a writer, a teacher, or an editor.
Mercury in 9th House in Vedic Astrology
Inauspicious Results of Mercury in 9th House in Astrology
- One may be ailing.
- Occasionally, one will be misled mentally.
- In the 29th year, one’s mother may suffer hardships.
- One may be critical of the Vedas and may tread the wrong path.
- One may have to wander about like a madman.
- One’s father may suffer pain or even die.
Note: The degree of auspiciousness and inauspiciousness will depend upon a complete analysis of the horoscope (birth-chart).
Mercury in 9th House for Various Ascendants In Astrology
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.