Natives born in Rohini Nakshatra in Astrology are charming and have a beautiful appearance, displaying luxuries and riches, friendly, soothing voice, smooth talker, charismatic, desiring growth, yearning for more, attaining contentment easier, much-relaxed nature, gentle and laid back, health-oriented, nature-loving, feminine, receptive, good listener, helpful and nurturing, comforting to those that reach out to the social, popular, friendly, respected by others and often popular with the public.
Rohini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Urdhvamukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths upwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to palaces, coronations, boundary walls, construction of tall structures can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: The Chariot
The symbol for Rohini Nakshatra is a chariot. Chariot suggests that the cycle of birth starts from here. Rohini means climbing or going up. This indicates human life is for upliftment.
Deity: Lord Brahma
The deity of Rohini is Brahma. Brahma means universe, and Brahma is the creator of the universe. He is considered the father of Prajapathi. Sometimes Lord Brahma himself is called Prajapathi. Prajapathi means the one who creates ‘Praja’ or descendants. Father of Prajapathi means the creator of Prajapathi.
|Range||40 – 53⁰ 20”|
|Yogathara||Aldebaran or Alpha Tauri|
|Position||East of Rohini|
Characteristics of Rohini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
- The animal symbol of Rohini Nakshatra is the male snake. If you learn about the behavior of a male snake, you will learn deep insights of this Nakshatra.
- The most dominating feature of a snake is its ability to get the attention of anyone and everyone, from a monkey on trees to bystanders in the park.
- There is fear, anxiety and fascination associated with the serpent. If a monkey was seen in a park, it would get some attention, and people would think it is cute, but a snake just gets the attention of everyone.
- Rohini natives know how to draw attention and have a natural instinct to attract people.
- These natives fascinate people by their ability and attract attention with their eyes.
- A snake has the most intense eyes, especially when they shed their skin. Snake has the most intense and unusual eyes.
- Rohini natives usually have beautiful eyes, they may not be stunning to look, but somehow you will fall for their eyes once gazed upon.
- The other distinct feature of a snake is its venom and ability to inflict poison.
- It is incorrect to think snakes are always there just to inflict poison no matter what.
- Snakes generally ignore and are scared of people and only inflict poison when threatened or hungry, but the snake will not consume humans for a meal unless forced upon them.
- Rohini native will be extremely friendly, fun and have a unique sexual attraction but do not mistake that for being weak and if pushed upon or challenged, they will inflict poison and seek revenge.
- Snakes are also known to be aggressive mates. There are snake orgies, snake killing and fight over other snakes for mating.
- When a snake is seeking a mate during the dry season, it’s like a hungry serpent they must mate. Rohini natives. when in a sexual mood, will easily attract a mate and, if afflicted by malefics, can even lead to too many affairs.
- They will also always have to fight with another person to get the attention of the person they are trying to go after.
- One time in their life, they will have to deal with some love triangle.
- Rohini natives are to be the most sensual during love making because a snake can mate for up to 3 hours at a time; such people are able to completely enjoy sex and give sexual pleasure to their partner to a point, where their poison of intense love can ruin a person for life.
- Any person with whom they have a one-night stand or even a short relationship will always have the most intense sexual memory of the Rohini native.
- Just like a snakebite, which a survivor can never forget, a Rohini’s bite will also not be forgotten, whether it was a one-night stand or a few weeks of dating and will be something unforgettable with a lifelong impression.
- Snakes are gifted swimmers. Rohini natives can naturally learn to swim even without coaching.
- They just have this natural ability to move the body in water. This also leads to one becoming a great dancer.
- A male snake will always have to shed his skin 4-5 times a year, and if we relate this attribute to a Rohini person, they will have dry skin, which always comes off, but the shedding of the skin also has another meaning.
- These people can change their personality, behavior and attitude at a given moment and become whatever they want when they desire something.
- The element of Rohini is to grow crops on the Earth. Our planet was a barren land a few billion years ago, but now there are high risers, fast cars, clothes, delicious food, entertainment and wealth.
- Rohini is all about growth in the material world. They always try to attain the best and most original resource of this planet.
- They will never wear cheap or fake jewellry. They want real diamonds, gems, gold, and all resources of this Earth. Anything Rohini touches starts growing.
- Rohini is one of the best Nakshtra to launch business alongside Pushya and Swati.
- These natives are pleasure seekers. They know how to extract and nourish themselves with the best-hidden resources.
- They love fine wine, Michelin star restaurants and best quality cigars.
- Rahu in Rohini can go to the extreme of finding pleasure in the world and actually attain it.
- The element of Rohini is Earth. It is in the middle of the Earth sign in astrology, Taurus.
- Earthly things are everything you and I experience, whether it is sadness, happiness, obsession, fame, money, spouse, sex, children, security or learning.
- The Nakshatra devata is Brahma, the supreme creator aka Prajapati.
- He is the God who created man, space, planets, and everything we know.
- In creating this beautiful world, he not only had to create other souls but needed to mate to procreate.
- When he created so-called daughter Dawa, a beautiful woman, he approached her to mate, which was simply a part of the divine plan.
- He ran after and chased her as she refused to do such an act with a father like man.
- The other Gods that had been created by him were angry at this act of incest.
- The problem is we need to understand this concept in a deeper form. The only reason Brahma chased his daughter is due to him looking and protecting her, which is why the 5th head of Brahma appeared; hence, the 5th head represents illusion.
- The Rohini native always tends to get chased by other lustful men or women.
- They always attract the opposite wherever they go. This doesn’t mean that Rohini natives will have incest with their father.
- As a child, Rohini natives will be chased by their parents in a fun game, but on the other hand, Rohini natives themselves can chase and stalk their prey.
- When afflicted by malefics, beauty, resources, and attention can fuel Rohini’s ego, jealousy and possessiveness.
- Rohini native can attract and kill the prey.
- This theme plays out due to the fact that Rohini was the favorite wife of Moon out of all the 27 wives.
- As a result, Jyeshtha, her eldest sister, got jealous and complained about this fact to their father, Daksha, who cursed Moon to wax and wane, causing to gain and lose his brightness over a month period.
- There is a saying, “Rohini is the queen, Purva Phalguni is the courtesan”.
- Moon is known as the queen in the planetary kingdom.
- A queen has no love of life for the king; she was simply someone who bought two kingdoms together and had a huge political influence.
- On the other hand, it was the courtesan who gave true love to the king, taught his children, showed him romance and showered the sensual love.
- She wasn’t a prostitute as we think today, and infact, they were highly qualified, educated and spiritual.
- A Rohini native seduces you, but after their seduction, they want to leave as they have conquered you. Phalguni, on the other hand, wants to truly please you and show you what is love.
- Both are sexual and romantic, but one has the element of seducing like a prey, and other, seducing like a lover.
- If you saw someone with a Rohini Lagna or Moon and said, they have these qualities, you can be flat wrong. However, if the Moon or Lagna is getting impacted by other planets with Venus and Mars posited in position of seduction, then it will be working out like a Picasso painting.
- Rohini is Yakshini, Phalguni is Romance. A Yakshini, other dimensional being, who is set to be one of the workers of Kubera, can be invoked by certain tantric practices and will show themselves to you on the 8th day, etc., at a certain place.
- They tend to seduce the natives and fulfil their wishes. Their whole agenda is for seduction and giving wealth by making some kind of trade.
- Rohini natives are excellent lovers in bed. They can go longer than anyone, just like Magha or Purva Phalguni.
- They also love the color red and pink as these colors symbolize romance.
- Their power of seduction makes them very elegant and sophisticated when it comes to public life.
- But there is a Nadi technique that says when two planets are hemming a Nakshatra between them, that Nakshatra is most prominent for the person.
- If Saturn is in Ashwini and Jupiter is in Krittika, that means the person will behave like Bharani in their life, especially during Saturn-Jupiter or Jupiter-Saturn dasha, but the person will always experience the traits of Bharani.
- The symbol of this Nakshatra is the chariot. This clearly shows that Rohini natives will always be into cars, working on cars, traveling and wanting to move in luxury.
- Rohini native attains a luxury car, and their growth in life starts.
- This also shows their ability to steer through difficult situations. They are quick thinkers when it comes to solutions.
- Due to quick-wit and thinking, Rohini natives are excellent writers and speakers because Moon rules this Nakshatra.
- Moon is a very addictive planet and desires to get what he seex, which is why it got him in trouble in first place.
- They develop an addictive personality towards gambling, sports betting, and the probability of winning in an auction is high for them.
- They beat everyone to get something that no one else could have. Moon wants to be with anyone in the sky at his will, give him a reputation of a cheater and this cheating can turn towards plagiarism.
- Rohini individuals may take someone else’s idea, make it their own, and find success from it or can innocently hear some idea from others and quickly react to it.
- One important observation is Rohini native’s children may be unmarried for a long time, perhaps till their late 30’s.
- This is because Moon never produced offspring except by cheating on Tara, wife of Jupiter. Some scholars say it is this curse that leads to such a situation.
Attributes of Rohini Nakshatra in Astrology
- The word ‘Rohini’ is derived from ‘Rohan’, which means to rise or to bring into existence. It extends in the Taurus sign from 10’00” degrees to 23’20”. Rohini group, therefore, encompasses everything that comes within the range of creation – beasts, birds, animals, etc.
- It would also connote the process of growing, begetting, birth, production, etc., in brief, production, birth, and creation. Rising means the process of ascending, that is, the creative evolution, the cultivation, and the improvement.
- Mythology describes Rohini, the wife of Chandra. Of all the 27 stars, all wives of Chandra, Rohini is said to have been fond of fine dress, cosmetics, and decor and was the most beloved of Chandra.
- The Rohini (group), in the line with this, is considered to be the cause of a taste for fine dress, perfume, and other articles of toilet.
Description of Rohini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: If Rohini is one’s natal Nakshatra, one will have plenty of hair on the upper portion of the body, will head a folk, have marks on this back, face, and sides, will cheat others, be ominous to his mother, be wealthy, and learned.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If at a person’s birth, the Moon be in (Rohini), he will know the weak points of others, be lean, enlightened but addicted to women, not his own.
- According to Sage Narada: One born in Rohini will be charming in appearance, firm in disposition, honorable, will enjoy pleasures, be fond of liquor, affable in speech, skillful and brilliant.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native born under Rohini will be truthful, pure, sweet-tongued, with a steady mind, and lovely in appearance.
Rohini Nakshatra Pada Description
Rohini Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Rohini Nakshatra is ruled by Aries Navamsa (Governed By Mars).
- Those born in the first pada of Rohini are endowed with red hair, are daring, candid, and cruel.
- Those born in the first pada of Rohini Nakshatra are physically creative, can put imagination into action, do not ignore creative impulses, are competitively creative using voice, and can be singers, teachers, motivators, deal makers, sweet talkers, and romantics.
- Those born in the first pada of Rohini Nakshatra are overcoming shortcomings, shortcomings turn to passion, competitive flair when challenged, creativity gets to work to win.
- Those born in the first pada of Rohini Nakshatra are business people, great promoters, go-getters, passionate lovers, overly impulsive and unprepared, missing details, and anxious.
Rohini Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Rohini Nakshatra is ruled by Taurus Navamsa (Governed By Venus).
- Those born in the second pada of Rohini Nakshatra are enjoyers, controllers of senses, happy, worship Gods and guests, wealthy, and interested in rearing catfish.
- Those born in the second pada of Rohini Nakshatra are calm, possess manners, good speaking talents, seek security and pleasure, luxurious desires, the best of everything, and endowed with beautiful possessions.
- Those born in the second pada of Rohini Nakshatra are creative, materializing thoughts and ideas. Creativity comes out through possessions, organizing possessions, expressing emotion through collections, interior decorating, and collecting art.
- Those born in the second pada of Rohini Nakshatra are weak, have original imagination, strong temper, spoiled, and perfectionists.
Rohini Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Rohini Nakshatra is ruled by Gemini Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- Those born in the third pada of Rohini Nakshatra are pleasant-minded, poets, learned, strong in mind, mathematicians, and collectors of many things.
- Those born in the third pada of Rohini Nakshatra are scientific, mathematical, communicative, social, have a balanced life, oriented toward friends, humorous, light-hearted, less materialistic, desiring things, making money, and business-minded.
- Those born in the third pada of Rohini Nakshatra use social networks to spread creations; social networks help income, and have more income potential later in life as they spread out using creativity to fulfill financial needs.
- Those born in the third pada of Rohini Nakshatra are teaching art, financial advisers, mimicking skills, acting, entertainment industry, working with cars, transportation, slow starters, indecisive, and deceptive.
Rohini Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Rohini Nakshatra is ruled by Cancer Navamsa (Governed by Moon).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Rohini Nakshatra are lovers of relatives, help others, intelligent, respecting God Vishnu and their teachers.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Rohini Nakshatra are more emotional, intuitive, sensitive, driven for home/emotional security, honest, and seekers of truth.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Rohini Nakshatra express value through emotions, valuing people, family, memories, emotions, nourishing others creatively, and imaginatively artistic.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Rohini Nakshatra are emotionally artistic. Their emotions are put into creations, and they desire careers close to home, are shrewd, overly emotional, narrow-minded, and lack familiar connection.
Sun’s Ingress (May 24th – June 6th) for Rohini Nakshatra
- Sun enters Rohini on May 24th and stays there till June 6th. If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Rohini Nakshatra. This period is effective to predict monsoon. In parts of India, the growth of certain plants is observed to predict monsoon.
- Rohini is owned by the Moon. Moon in Astrology signifies plants & water, and this connection can be well observed here. Rohini indicates growth, and it is owned by the Moon that signifies plants.
- Interestingly, the exceptional growth of certain plants can be observed during the Sun’s ingress in Rohini.
Tree of Rohini : Jamun
- Sun’s ingress in Rohini is also a season for Jamun, and Jamun is the tree for Rohini Nakshatra.
- The botanical name for Jamun is Syzygium Cumini.
- India was called Jamboo Dhweepaor islands of Jamun.
- The fruit has minimum calories, and it is a seasonal fruit, purple in colour.
- It balances pitta and Kapha dosha.
- The fruit works well for diabetes.
- It is a natural blood purifier. It makes skin healthy and glowing.
- It is effective in microbial and bacterial infections.
- It is effective in cough, asthma, and bronchitis.
Applications of Jamun
- Jamun is effective in diabetes.
- The fruit is rich in iron and acts as a natural blood purifier.
- The bark is effective for females suffering from leucorrhoea or white discharge.
- It enhances the immune system and is effective in a sore throat.
- It is very beneficial for depression, exhaustion, and other nervous system disorders.
Astronomical Information of Rohini Nakshatra
- Almost all astronomers agree that Yogathara of Rohini is Aldebaran.
- It is considered the ‘fiery eye of the bull’. It is a massive star more than 44 times the diameter of the Sun. It is 425 times more luminous than the Sun.
- It has a reddish-orange glow and categorized as a cool star.
Rohini Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign (Rashi) compatibility of Rohini Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Gemini, Virgo, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces
Compatibility Factors of Rohini Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aadhya or First.
- Gana (Nature): Manushya or human.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Sarpa or snake.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Rohini Nakshatra: Monetary gains.
- Result of first menses on Rohini Nakshatra: Good character and progeny, respected and liked by husband.
- Result of performing Shraddha on Rohini Nakshatra: Birth of a baby.
- Beneficial activities on Rohini: Selling, wearing new clothes, visiting government offices, swearing-in, sawing seeds, beginning of new construction, performing prayers, plantation, marketing, digging a well or a borewell, begin learning dance, ploughing, sowing seeds, Vaman, Virechan, Shiramokshan and entering a new property.
- Beneficial Savskara or Ceremonies on Rohini: Agnihotra, naming, intercourse for conception, first solid feeding to baby, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha and wedding.
Remedies for Rohini Nakshatra in Astrology
- For Rohini natives, a vehicle becomes their most important asset in life.
- As long as their car is clean, without scratches or dents, their life rolls smooth and upward.
- One should always have yantra of Moon on the pooja, either in east or north-west direction.
- This mantra, “Om Nakshatray Pati namaha, Om Srang, Sreing, Srong Saha, Chandray Namah.”, becomes extremely beneficial for them to recite on Monday.
- Having a bottle of rose perfume on south-east direction also becomes extremely beneficial in their life for cash flow, relationship, love and fame.
|Feed||Yogurt, curd, or milk products|
|Vratham||Sankashta Chathurthi, Ganesh Chathurthi|
|Vedic Sooktham||Brahma Varchasa Anuvakh, Hiranyagarbha Sooktham, Nasadiya Sooktham|
Caste of Rohini Nakshatra in Astrology
- The caste of Rohini is Shudra (the worker), which simply states that these people need to be professionals and must attain a status in a large organization via which they can enjoy life, luxury and wealth.
- Rohini native is not stuck on wanting to be an owner, businessperson, and entrepreneur.
- As long as they have work, it is the most satisfying feeling for them.
- One misunderstood concept of modern times is that Shudras are known as the lowest caste, but originally, they were the ones who helped build everything we see and appreciate about ancient India.
- It was not the Brahmins doing manual labor work.
- Vaishyas were the ones who controled the markets, small shops of food, clothing, accessories, which is where this caste got their street smart.
- They know how to get things done and sell to someone by way of seduction, like a jewelry salesman would.
- In the real world, the caste system defines one’s ability and not one’s level of status.
Summary of Rohini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Deity||Brahma (the Creator)|
|Rulership||Observers of vows, merchandise, kings, wealthy persons, Yogis, cartmen, cows, bulls, aquatic animals, husbandmen, mountains, and men in authority.|
|Moon in Rohini||The native is truthful and pure, holding no secrets, speaks sweetly and compellingly, of steady mind and heart, and handsome.|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Animal of Rohini Nakshatra?
What is Special about Rohini Nakshatra?
Rohini is a Sthira Nakshatra which means anything that requires things to
stand for long term and growth should be done like laying the foundation for
a home, purchasing a vehicle for long term use (purchase not lease), going on
a business deal, receiving a promotion and starting a job on such day including
Which Rashi is Rohini Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Rohini Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Rohini Nakshatra?
Prajapati or Brahma
What is the Symbol of Rohini Nakshatra?
Ox Cart, Chariot
What is the Gana of Rohini Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Rohini Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Rohini Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Rohini Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Rohini Nakshatra?
To read this article in Hindi, visit : Rohini Nakshatra in Astrology in Hindi.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report at just ₹99: Click Here.
Get into the zone of virtual reality from the comfort of your home and experience the best gaming, live concerts, films and more! Buy All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset. Click here.
Get your Vedic horoscope along with predictions and calculations.
Vedic astrology is an ancient science that has its roots in India. It is based on the principle that there is a relationship between the positions of the planets and events that occur on Earth. This system of astrology can be used to make predictions about a person’s future, based on their birth chart. If you are interested in exploring the richness and wisdom of this ancient science, be sure to get your Vedic horoscope by emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need to share your date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, and full name. We will prepare your Vedic astrology horoscope and share it with you. If you feel like paying then you can make the payment. Please note that payments are voluntary as we shall use your payment funds for feeding stray animals. Our animal welfare team shall share the photos and videos of the stray animals who were able to get their meal because of you. Read more about Vidhya Mitra Divine Astrology.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.