Punarvasu Nakshatra in Astrology makes one optimistic, self-confident, honest, gives overly simplistic life and one who lives in the moment as it comes. The native is jovial and humorous, sweet spoken, lover of harmony, social, friendly, and has a good nature.
Punarvasu Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Tiryaka Mukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths curved). In these Nakshatras, things related to roads, dams, the expansion of metals, chariots, boats, etc., can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: A House
The symbol of Punarvasu is a house. The house indicates that the Jeeva got the body or a new house.
Deity: Goddess Aadhithi
Aadhithi, who is the parent of the universe and the one who establishes the universe, brings up the twins of Punarvasu by feeding the offerings. The ruling deity of Punarvasu Nakshathra is Goddess Aadhithi. Aadhithi can be split into Aadhi (beginning) and Ethi(end). It means the one that exists at the beginning and the end. She is the wife of sage Kashyapa, and she gives birth to all Gods.
Aadhithi, with sage Kashyapa, has 33 sons, out of which 12 are called Aadhithya. She is also the mother of God Indhra. Based on the description, it appears that the Earth is also called Aadhithi. She is a fertile land where seeds can germinate, and seedlings can grow into plants. In the case of the pregnancy cycle, this period is of ovulation of an egg.
Aadhithi is also called the mother of eight sons i.e., importance, ego, the sun, and 5 senses. She gives happiness and is a Goddess of salvation. She enlightens life with her halo. She demonstrates pure feelings in human form. She removes all pains, sufferings, and sins.
|Range||80 – 93⁰ 20”|
|Rashi||Gemini (Mithuna) & Cancer (Karka)|
|Yogathara||Pollux or Beta Geminorum|
|Position||East of Punarvasu|
|Latitude||+ 6⁰ 41” 02’’|
|Longitude||89⁰ 21” 34’|
|Right ascension||7h 45m 006s|
|Declination||28⁰ 02” 19’28⁰ 02” 19’28⁰ 02” 19’|
Characteristics of Punarvasu Nakshatra in Astrology
- The animal of Punarvasu Nakshatra is the female cat. A female cat is moody, loves to hunt, and is far more territorial than a male cat.
- They chew their claw, enjoy fresh food and water. A cat in the wild would rather sleep in a den than a fluffy bed because they are hunters, and they need to feel safe.
- Cats are smarter than dogs and can easily open doors, fridge, and get into any space they feel like.
- In ancient times, a cat was the symbolism of royalty. In the great culture of ancient Egypt, which is few thousand years old, the cat was not only a symbol of royal status, but also mysticism.
- Cats have the ability to see spirits, give omens, and help their owner to increase their psychic powers. This is why a psychic with a cat is always seen in movies.
- Cats are also protectors because they always try to clean your aura by rubbing against you, and if any danger comes, they will defend you.
- Punarvasu natives are natural protectors of the zodiac. They always feel they must protect things around them and their loved ones.
- Punarvasu, in the Cancer side of the zodiac, can become moody and stubborn.
- The natives must always have fresh food and clean water.
- On the Gemini side, these natives are excellent hunters, although on the Cancer side, they are still hunters but will only hunt when necessary and not for sports.
- Just like how cats zone to its target, whether it’s a rat, bird or a snake in the backyard, Punarvasu natives always have a set target in their life, which they always achieve.
- Punarvasu is the birth star of Lord Rama, the Indian God, who was the 7th reincarnation of Lord Vishnu.
- The story of Lord Rama is what simply plays out in the life of a Punarvasu native.
- Lord Rama was born in a royal family and had a stepmother who favored her own son (Bharata) over him to be the next king of the kingdom.
- He won the heart of his wife (Sita) and father-in-law (Janaka) by breaking the “Pinaka” bow of Shiva, which no one on earth could pick up easily (Bow and arrow is the symbol of this Nakshatra) other than a noble man.
- When time came for him to claim his throne, his stepmother Kaikeyi demanded him to be exiled into the forest for 14 years because she wanted her own son (Bharata) to take on the royal throne.
- Lord Rama, being a noble man did not desire for any kingdom, earthly enjoyments and lavish lifestyle, and simply told his father that he would do what his mother, Kaikeyi, wished and left the kingdom.
- He wandered with his younger brother (Laxman) and wife (Sita) in the forest, but towards the end, Sita was abducted by Ravan, the intelligent demon.
- Rama sought the assistance of an army of divine monkeys and their leader, Hanuman, to get Sita back.
- They crossed into Sri Lanka by throwing rocks in the ocean as a bridge and walked across.
- After completing his exile term, Rama eventually defeated Ravana, got his wife back, and returned to his kingdom.
- This is the theme of Punarvasu (return of the light). No matter how dark the hour is for these people, they always rise and come back to the status of king.
- There were scandals attached to Rama and his wife as people accused Sita of going with Ravan and had to pass the test of Agni, the fire God.
- She passed the test but had a sadness that her husband doubted her loyalty.
- Sita delivered twin boys, Luv & Kush, but after their birth, Sita was taken back into the Earth after repeated accusations and demand for the test of purity.
- Just like Rama had to take an exile on his own behalf even though he could’ve refused it, the natives of this Nakshatra find themselves on a self- inflicted exile in life for at least 10-14 years where they feel like a vagabond, not knowing where they are going, what they are doing and struggling.
- In the life of a young individual, one may just want to do back packing across the world, sleeping on floor, hostels, eating whatever they can, and experience the world.
- When it comes to relationships, they tend to go through multiple relationships or marriages as they may suspect one of the spouses or girlfriend/boyfriends for having an affair.
- Punarvasu stands for repeated themes alongside the return of the light symbol; hence, these natives always have to do things repeatedly to achieve them.
- When these people fail at any project, business or mission, they should not give up on it after the first failed attempt because the next attempt at the same venture becomes the theme of “Return of Light”, and they may succeed.
- President Donald Trump filed 4-5 bankruptcies in his life and always managed to stay ahead of the game, he attempted to run for president in the year 2012 and failed quite quickly, but when he returned in 2015, he went from announcement all the way to the White House.
- The story of Luv & Kush shows there is a strong potential that Punarvasu natives can have twins.
- But they also like to have two identical things in their personal life, like having two identical statuses, two desktops, two tables, two or more properties etc.
- Since Rama and Sita were royal individuals roaming the jungles of India, they tried best to find comfort, especially Lakshmana finding the most comfortable way for Sita and Rama to sleep at night while he looked out for any intruders.
- This small story has shown that many Punarvasu natives love carrying their own pillow whenever travelling because they want the royal comfort of their own home.
- Rama had a great love for nature and respected it to its utmost sincerity.
- Even when he killed deers in the wild to feed him and his family, he prayed to the deer and thanked them for giving his life for his nutrition.
- Punarvasu natives love fighting for the environment, doing philanthropy work, and giving donations.
- The big story of Punarvasu is related to land, real estate and resorts due to Aditi.
- She gave birth to the Vamana avatar of Vishnu, who only wanted 3 steps of land from demon king Mahabali, who didn’t realize the supreme power behind the young boy.
- The boy grew to an enormous size and took over 3 different Universes in just 3 steps, and conquered all the demon’s lands.
- Punarvasu natives always want to get into the real estate or resort business.
- This Nakshatra also will allow a person to sell products of others like a merchandizing specialist.
Attributes of Punarvasu Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 20’00” degrees Gemini (Mithun) up to 3’20” Cancer (Karaka).
- Punarvasu is derived from ‘Puna’ & ‘Vasu’, which means return, renewal, restoration, or repetition.
- The 12 Adityas were born of Kashyapa in the womb of Aditi.
- The 12 Vasus are Indra, Vishnu, Vaga, Twashta, Varun, Aryamana, Pusa, Mitra, Agni, Parjyanya, Vivaswan and Dinakar.
- The mother, Aditi, of whom the Gods are born, is the repository of everything good – truth, generosity, magnanimity, purity, aristocracy, beauty, and renown. It follows that this star is the cause for these virtues.
- Punarvasu signifies to start afresh after breaking off, to start a new life, and to come back from a distant land.
- It stands for freedom from restriction, limitation and boundless space.
Description of Punarvasu Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native born in Purnavasu Nakshatra will be liberal in giving away donations, be happy, of good qualities, a dunce, and sick. He will be satisfied with a small income and be a little wise.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If at a native’s birth, the Moon is in Punarvasu, he will be dull-witted, strong in wealth, famed, learned, and lusting for women.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Punarvasu will be mean-minded, charming in appearance, patient in disposition, be happy with the least, and will walk fast.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native born under the star Punarvasu will be self-controlled, happy, of good character, dull-witted, ailing, very thirsty, and easily satisfied.
Punarvasu Nakshatra Pada Description
Punarvasu Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Punarvasu Nakshatra is ruled by Aries Navamsa (Governed by Mars).
- Those born in the first pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra star are stingy, serve old people, have sensual looks, are affected by sickness, unstable, intelligent, cruel, daring, capable, and handsome.
- Those born in the first pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are active, aggressive, go-getters, of a mind which is goal-oriented and ambitious, fast communicators, sometimes frank, possess people skills, many friends, and love working in groups.
- Those born in the first pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are adventurers, putting things in motion, pioneer, having a spirit of building and creating, curious about creation, technical minded, engineers, architects, and providing to build a foundation.
- Those born in the first pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are working for the greater good, putting many little pieces into a big one, hyper-focused, accomplishing one task at a time, and patient in acquiring skills.
Punarvasu Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Punarvasu Nakshatra is ruled by Taurus Navamsa (Governed by Taurus).
- Those born in the second pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are famous, bright, witty, wide-eyed, helping others, and enjoy all things. They are devoted to Gods and acquire great fame.
- Those born in the second pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra use financial resources, build finances, make money, and increase value.
- Those born in the second pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are great managers, good at spreading around finances, and getting the most from investments.
- Those born in the second pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are looking for multiple ways to generate money, having two careers, many jobs, working with travel, interest in foreign currency, hotels, travel agencies, tourism sectors, imports, and exports.
Punarvasu Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Punarvasu Nakshatra is ruled by Gemini Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- Those born in the third pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are good eaters, poets, stingy, show in action, and long-lived. They speak a lot, are capable of doing all jobs, of forgiving temperament, they keep anger for themselves and look to be normal outside.
- Those born in the third pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are deep, intelligent, curious, gather all kinds of information, have higher education, and want to attain knowledge.
- Those born in the third pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are scientific-minded, mathematical, interested in communications, the internet, social networking, public speaking, marketing, advertising, selling philosophies, and broad-minded concepts.
- Those born in the third pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are mental gymnastics, generating ideas, researching, using imagination, trying everything, jack of all trades, entrepreneur.
Punarvasu Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Punarvasu Nakshatra is ruled by Cancer Navamsa (Governed by Moon).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are famous, bright, wealthy, women lovers, do good, handsome, and endowed with good qualities. They are long-lived and religious. They are learned and endowed with many children and wealth.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are charismatic, sensitive, emotional, empathetic in nature, lucky in life, fortunate, have good blessings, have a higher chance of success, many ideas, and are very intuitively fixated on ideas.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra are emotional, attached to philosophies, religious beliefs and morals, emphasis on family, often attached to mother.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Punaravasu Nakshatra want to settle down, strive for content, domestic life and home nurturing through sharing ideas, and are well-spoken, scholarly, teaching, guru-type nurtures through educating, publishers.
Sun’s Ingress (July 5th – July 18th) for Punarvasu Nakshatra
- Sun enters Punarvasu on Jul 5th and remains there till Jul 18th. If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Punarvasu Nakshathra.
- Chathurmasa or 4 months of spiritual practices starts during this period. This is the period of spiritual recreation.
- Dhevashayani Ekadashi comes during this period.
- The deity for this Nakshathra is Aadhithi. Aadhithi is the mother of Aadhithya.
- During this period, the practice of drawing Gopadhma starts.
- Gopadhma means footprints of the holy cow. As cow is called the second mother, this practice is started during this Nakshatra. The practice continues for the next 4 months.
Tree of Punarvasu : Vavsha
- The tree for Punarvasu Nakshatra is Vavsha, Velu, Bamboo or Bambusa vulgaris.
- Bamboo is used to treat cough, skin diseases, wounds, digestive disorders, gynaecological disorders, and fever.
- It removes bad smell and improves taste.
- Its latex looks like milk. It has hundreds of leaves.
- Bamboo seeds or bamboo rice is Yava or barley shaped. Bamboo is called Vavsha.
- The literal meaning of the word Vavsha is a family dynasty. This correlates well with the timing of Punarvasu.
- As per modern medicine, Bamboo shoots are not good for pregnant women in the first 3 months, but bamboo rice helps pregnant women to overcome vitamin deficiency.
Applications for Vavsha
- It increases potency and fertility.
- A decoction of the leaves treats pain in the abdomen during menstruation.
- It is also given to strengthen uterine muscles after delivery.
- The decoction also treats intestinal worms’ infestation.
- Seeds of bamboo shall be on a regular diet in case of diabetes.
- Dried resin called Vavshalochana treats cough, cold, and fever. It is also effective to fulfil calcium deficiency.
Astronomical Information for Punarvasu Nakshatra
- Almost all astronomers agree that Yogathara of Punarvasu is Pollux.
- It is the closest giant star to the Sun. It is a yellow-orange star and is a very cool star.
- Pollux is 6.69 degrees north of the ecliptic, so viewers in the southern hemisphere of the earth see it occulted by the Moon on rare occasions.
Punarvasu Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Rashi Compatibility of Gemini Rashi and Punarvasu Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn
Rashi Compatibility of Cancer Rashi and Punarvasu Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Taurus, Leo, Libra, Capricorn
Rashi Compatibility of Punarvasu Nakshatra Groom
Aries, Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn
Compatibility Factors for Punarvasu Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aadhya or first.
- Gana (nature): Dev or God.
- Yoni (animal symbol): Marjara or cat.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Punarvasu Nakshatra: Good news.
- Result of first menses on Punarvasu Nakshatra: May have a son, likes the rituals, likes her husband, has good kids.
- Result of performing shraddha on Punarvasu Nakshatra: Procurement of land.
- Beneficial activities on Punarvasu: Learning to ride animals and vehicles, traveling, plantation of trees and crop, washing precious clothes for the first time, buy weapons, buy couch or bed, buying a new vehicle, stitching clothes, monetary investment, plowing, partnerships and entering a new property.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Punarvasu: Naming, piercing, first solid feeding to baby, haircut, shave, manicure, pedicure, threading, first shave of a baby, introducing letters to a baby, start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha.
Remedies for Punarvasu Nakshatra
- The remedy is to keep a bow in the direction of the planet posited in this Nakshatra.
- If this is the ascendant Nakshatra, then East would be the best place, otherwise, Sun is East, Moon is Northwest, Mars is South, Mercury is North, Jupiter is Northeast, Venus is Southeast, Saturn is West, Rahu is Southwest, and Ketu is Northeast.
- Donating money for housing for the poor or homeless and also providing electricity for the unprivileged (return of light) becomes one of the biggest blessings.
|Donate||Sesame and black gram|
|Vedic Sooktham||Gau Sooktham, Devi Sooktham, Pruthivi Sooktham, Doorva and Mrutthika Sooktham|
Caste of Punarvasu Nakshatra
- The caste of this Nakshatra is a merchant.
- The natives are the natural businessmen of the world.
- They know how to negotiate and get the deal done, they know how to lure someone in and keep them, and most importantly, they know how to get the most profit out of the deal.
- Donald Trump has his Saturn in this Nakshatra, and we all know him from way back in time as a real estate mogul who wrote the book “The Art of the Deal”.
- A merchant is someone who knows how to provide something that the public is looking for. They know what someone needs and wants and will be willing to pay for it.
Quality of Punarvasu Nakshatra
- Punarvasu is known to be a chara Nakshatra by many, but doing chara activities that one may do for Swati Nakshatra, Shravana Nakshatra etc., is not recommended because any activity done on this day will require to either repeat or one will have to go back & forth to achieve it.
- The day one opens his business for the public, the public will come back repeatedly; but that too can become tricky because opening a business on this day means he may have to close it for some reason and again do a re-opening.
Sound of Punarvasu Nakshatra
- Ke- pada 1, Ko- pada 2, Haa- pada 3, Hee- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Punarvasu is in their chart, which means where is the Gemini sign.
- If someone is a Pisces ascendant, then the 4th house would be Gemini; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for happiness, home, children and luxuries.
- The last pada of Gemini falls into the Cancer sign, which for Pisces ascendant would be in the 5th house, so overall, this is a great Nakshatra to activate, but remember, there could be a failure the first time, but the light would return with extreme brightness.
Summary of Punarvasu Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Dasha Ruler||Guru (Jupiter)|
|Symbol||A quiver of arrows|
|Deity||Aditi (a feminine Goddess, frequently associated with infinity and unboundedness)|
|Rulership||The truthful, generous, pure (clean), high-born, handsome, intelligent, famous, the rich, best varieties of cereal, merchants, servants, and artisans.|
|Moon in Punarvasu||The native will keep his mind away from doing wrong, is happy, good-natured, humble, of dull intellect, sickly, thirsty, and is satisfied with even a little.|
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Animal of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
What is Special about Punarvasu Nakshatra?
Punarvasu is known to be a chara nakshatra by many, doing chara activities that you may do for Swati, Shravana etc., is not recommended because any activity done on this day will require to either repeat or you’ll have to go back & forth to achieve it.
Which Rashi is Punarvasu Nakshatra?
Gemini and Cancer
Who is the Lord of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
Bow and Quiver of Arrows
What is the Gana of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
What are the Initials of Punarvasu Nakshatra?
Ke, Ko, Haa, Hee
To read this article in Hindi, visit : Punarvasu Nakshatra in Astrology in Hindi.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report at just ₹99: Click Here.
Get into the zone of virtual reality from the comfort of your home and experience the best gaming, live concerts, films and more! Buy All-In-One Virtual Reality Headset. Click here.
Get your Vedic horoscope along with predictions and calculations.
Vedic astrology is an ancient science that has its roots in India. It is based on the principle that there is a relationship between the positions of the planets and events that occur on Earth. This system of astrology can be used to make predictions about a person’s future, based on their birth chart. If you are interested in exploring the richness and wisdom of this ancient science, be sure to get your Vedic horoscope by emailing your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You need to share your date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, and full name. We will prepare your Vedic astrology horoscope and share it with you. If you feel like paying then you can make the payment. Please note that payments are voluntary as we shall use your payment funds for feeding stray animals. Our animal welfare team shall share the photos and videos of the stray animals who were able to get their meal because of you. Read more about Vidhya Mitra Divine Astrology.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.