Natives born in Krittika Nakshatra in Astrology are skilled at the debate, overtaking conversation with logic and reason, intimidating people with intelligence, having a perfectionist outlook, judging others but also a tendency to “cut self”, inwardly judgmental, seeing the truth in own behaviour, using fire to burn away bad parts and purify the self, can appear harsh, yet be supportive, may be prone to giving tough love, can appear tough or stern, but deep inside are warm, sensitive, caring and very protective by nature.
Krittika Nakshatra in Astrology is one of the Adhomukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths downwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to tanks, wells, temples, mining, digging, etc. can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: The Razor
The symbol for Krittika Nakshatra is a knife or a razor. The razor is sharp, and it shines in the sunlight, so the razor indicates the effect of agni or fire. Razor is also used to shave the head and face. These two limbs are suggested by Krittika, which mainly indicates a face.
Deity: The Agni
Agni reflects powers to consume, transform and convey. Just born, he was presented as a tender baby who needs loving attention. He sparks, smokes, and grows stronger than his parents.
|26⁰ 40” – 40
|Alcyone or Eta Tauri
|South of Krittika
Characteristics of Krittika Nakshatra in Astrology
- The animal of Krittika Nakshatra is a goat. The goat is a resilient animal.
- When a land needs to be cleared of any type of bushes, weed and grass so that something can be built, the builders hire a farmer to bring in goat and sheep to clear out the ground, which is the fastest and the best way.
- They quickly cut through the grass and make way for a clear ground.
- This, in a way, is what fire would do to living earth; turn it into ash and dust.
- Goats also have a habit of biting or nibbling in order to communicate.
- A native with this Nakshatra would usually bite or nib during lovemaking or show some form of passion.
- Goats also head butt during combat. When trying to retain their position or take someone else’s position in the herd, such behavior can translate into a person who will butt head with their co-workers, friends, and bosses because they constantly want to fight for their position in life.
- The element of Krittika is fire, which can go two ways, the fire of purification and the fire of destruction.
- When we do rituals, havans, we are trying to invoke certain Gods who can come and clean our sins and bad energy around the house.
- The other fire is the fire that has no control; it can go from a small matchstick to burning an entire forest.
- Both do the job of cleaning and cleansing, but one is invoked, and the other goes out of control.
- In the Rig Veda, the Agni God has a big appetite for Soma but was later cursed when he flirted with the wives of Saptarishis.
- This much of information shows that Krittika Nakshatra has a bit of a perverted attitude of lust provided by Soma.
- These natives can also be innocent and not realize their sexual behavior.
- This does not mean every single Krittika native would have this behavior, it has to be supported by malefics, 12th Lord and 8th Lord connection, which are the houses of secrecy.
- Krittika can actually make someone a priest as ironic as this statement.
- This foundation comes due to the mythology of Agni and how Agni peeked and saw wives of Saptarishis naked and lusted after them.
- He was then cursed by the rishis to have an insatiable sex appetite and lust, which would get him into trouble.
- Yes, it is a curse when someone is lusting or is forced to lust after every single thing.
- Krittika natives are seekers of truth because they want to cut through everything and get to the point.
- They make excellent political leaders, CEOs and executives in a company.
- The symbol of this Nakshatra is a knife, which can either cut through the truth, war, body, meat and vegetables in the kitchen, which is why they make great chefs.
- In the kitchen, the two most essential things are fire and knife, which are represented by the Krittika Nakshatra.
- When the Dharma or Artha Lord is in the Krittika Nakshatra, the native will be an excellent chef.
- They also love to eat hot food and especially love putting extra ghee or butter in everything they eat.
- Krittika natives usually love carrying a pocket knife or swiss knife.
- On the Aries side of Krittika, it gives love for playing with fire, doing fire rituals, bonfires, and even studying elements of fire, which is electricity.
- The Krittika Nakshatra has a strong theme of adoption.
- He was the brother of Ganesha and was born from the semen of Shiva during love making with Paravati.
- Kamadeva stole a single seed of sperm of Shiva to create a child, who would defeat the demon monster, Tarkasur.
- The child was taken and adopted by the six sisters, known as the constellation of Pleiades.
- This theme can always play out in Krittika natives; they are either adopted or raised by another family member while being far from their biological mother. They can even adopt children, foster children and animals.
- 11th Lord is the 6th from 6th house, which is the higher version of 6th house of pets.
- When in the 6th house, one may even have to fight a custody battle for children.
- Such people always have to fight a battle in their lives with a strong enemy, and they usually win.
Attributes of Krittika Nakshatra in Astrology
- This is the birth star of Chandra. Many constellations gather at the tail end of the Krittika group. It extends from Mesha 26’40”. The residuary 10’00” degree falls in Taurus (Vrishabha).
- Lord (Adhipati) is Mangal and Shukra. Agni is the great purifier, consumer, and giver of light, heat, and brightness. Agni causes the fire of life and the drive. It is also the spark of life. Without fire, creation would not exist.
- Agni is at the base of creation and the continuation of existence. It consumes everything. The fire of digestion in the human system and the external fire for cooking are only different manifestations of the same principle: Agni.
- Agni is the symbol of brightness and brilliance, all weapons with fire-power. Other things of the same category come within the Krittika group’s range. The fire is considered a purifier, for it burns away all that is wicked, dark and dull, low and sinful and inauspicious in the world.
- The junk thus blazes away, and only effulgence and light remain. Fire gives the earth its activity and dynamism and revives it after the spells of cold that periodically inflict the earth’s comatose condition.
Description of Krittika Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native will have no ability to rectify (wrong course), will be strong, fickle-minded, will have various foodstuffs at his disposal, and be extremely brilliant. He will have many dwelling places and be very talkative.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If, during a native’s birth, the Moon be in the star (Krittika), he will be energetic, Lord-like in status, not dull but with some valuable learning.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Krittika will be splendorous, intelligent, liberal, an avid eater, fond of women, sagacious, skilful, and honourable.
- According to Brihat Samhita: Birth under the asterism, Krttika makes one a glutton, addicted to others’ wives, brilliant and famous.
Krittika Nakshatra Pada Description
Krittika Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Krittika Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the first pada of Krittika Nakshatra are generous, very spiritual, religious, mystical, have high morals, are righteous, lawful, direct, blunt, bold, and knowledgeable,
- Those born in the first pada of Krittika Nakshatra are well educated, philosophical, knowledgeable of right and wrong, self-sacrificing, have temper issues, are arrogant, and bossy.
Krittika Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Krittika Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the second pada of Krittika Nakshatra are stable, structured, organized, have a balanced mind, logical thinking, are knowledge-seeking lovers of historical knowledge, ancient scriptures, and have a serious approach towards spirituality.
- Those born in the second pada of Krittika Nakshatra are creative, materialistic, have status through material gains, luxurious goods, seeker of authoritative nature, positions of power, networking, business experts, have a healthy relationship with government, and have gains through mother/maternal figure.
Krittika Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Krittika Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the third pada of Krittika Nakshatra have curiosity, are well learned, and have interests in esoteric subjects, astrology, tarot, reiki, and occult science.
- Those born in the third pada of Krittika Nakshatra have a future-oriented thinking, and are interested in science, technology, social networking, engineering.
Krittika Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Krittika Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Krittika Nakshatra are emotional, intuitive, attached to others, empathetic, humanitarian, purifying through spiritual pursuits, meditation, yoga, religion, esoteric pursuits gurus, teachers, leaders, giving away guidance, selfless, expect little in return, have a creative imagination, are artistic in nature, and may be singers, writers, poets.
- They are mainly travellers, love travelling world, experience culture, foreign interests, loners, nature-loving, peaceful settings, serenity, emotional balance through spending time alone.
Sun’s Ingress (May 10th – May 23rd) in Krittika Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Krittika Nakshatra on May 10th and stays here till May 23rd. If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Krittika Nakshatra.
- Akshaya thruthiya generally comes during this period. Satya yuga started on Akshaya thruthiya day. It started when the Sun was in Krittika Nakshatra in Aries, and the Moon was in Rohini in Taurus. It is also called truth yuga. This is also one reason why Krittika Nakshatra is considered the first Nakshatra.
- All Indian festivals are designed as per the Sun’s Nakshatra and the Moon.
- The deity for Krittika is Agni or fire, and during this period, the temperatures are at a peak in India.
Tree of Krittika: Umbar
- The tree for Krittika Nakshatra is umber or ficus glomerate.
- Lord dhatthaguru lives under this tree. It symbolizes good luck.
- In Atharvaveda, umbar is given prominence to acquire prosperity and vanquish foes.
- Umbar leaves cure bilious infections, and fruits counter constipation.
- Bark cures dysentery, diabetes, asthma, and urinary problems.
Application of Umbar
- The bark is used in spiritual practices like Shanti and Homa or sacrifice to fire.
- The unripe fruit is used for culinary purposes like making pickles.
- It heals fractured bones.
- It also improves skin tone and complexion.
- Its bark is a part of Kashayam or decoction used after the mother’s delivery care.
Astronomical Information of Krittika Nakshatra
- Almost all astronomers agree that Yogathara of Krittika is Eta Tauri.
- It is the biggest star of the Pleiades or seven sisters.
- It is also the brightest of the 7 sisters.
- It spans 10 times the radius of the Sun.
- It is a blue-white star and categorized as a scorching star.
Krittika Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign (Rashi) compatibility of Mesh Rashi and Krittika Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Gemini, Cancer, Scorpio, Aquarius
Sign (Rashi) compatibility of Vrishabha Rashi and Krittika Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Virgo, Scorpio
Compatibility Factors of Krittika Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aanthya or last.
- Gana (Nature): Rakshasa or daemon.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Mesha or ram.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Krittika Nakshatra: The clothes may burn.
- Result of first menses on Krittika Nakshatra: Attracted by men, may prefer abortion for the first time.
- Result of performing Shraddha on Krittika Nakshatra: Better next birth.
- Beneficial Activities on Krittika: Marketing.
- Beneficial Savskara or Ceremonies on Krittika: No Savskara are suggested on Krittika.
Remedies for Krittika Nakshatra in Astrology
|Agnihothra, Homam, Yadnya, Havanam
Caste of Native with Krittika Nakshatra
- Agni is the symbol of brightness and brilliance. The caste of this Nakshatra is Brahmin, which is simply known as “the educated one”, “the knower”.
- Even though this is the Nakshatra of warriors and fighters, they cannot fight for something which is wrong, unholy and of the lower plane.
- They only fight for a good cause after attaining all the knowledge around them of the circumstances related to their battle.
- These natives need to be in the highest positions like executive class, presidential, intellectuals.
- There are a lot of misconceptions about this caste, where it states you must be born in this lineage to be considered a Brahmin but, this caste is given to someone who simply attains the highest of knowledge of this plane, which is not memorizing Upanishads, Gita or Vedas but to know God and have God realization.
- Krittika natives are also extremely handsome/beautiful due to their youthful look, just as Agni deva, the deity of Krittika Nakshatra.
Summary of Krittika Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Sharp, razor-like instrument
|Agni (Fire God)
|White flowers, Brahmans who maintain and worship the sacred fire daily, those who know the sacred hymns and sacrificial rules, grammarians, miners, barbers, Brahmans, potters, priests, and astrologers.
|Moon in Krittika
|The native has a great appetite, is drawn to improper sexual relations, is very energetic, and will be famous
|Sharp and soft (mixed)
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Animal of Krittika Nakshatra?
Which Rashi is Krittika Nakshatra?
Taurus and Aries
Who is the Lord of Krittika Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Krittika Nakshatra?
Agni, God of Fire
What is Special about Krittika Nakshatra?
Krittika is a mishra nakshtra which are great for fire rituals, bonfire, cooking
on open fire for some special day, buying knives, swords or weapon, ribbon
cutting ceremonies, going into combat fighting, starting editing work on a
film, photo or magazine.
What is the Gana of Krittika Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Krittika Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Krittika Nakshatra?
Misra (Mixed or Sharp and Soft)
What is the Caste of Krittika Nakshatra?
Misra (Mixed or Sharp and Soft)
What is the Bird of Krittika Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Krittika Nakshatra?
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.