The word Dhanishta can be split into Dhan and Eshtha. Dhana means wealth, and Eshtha means appropriate. The literal meaning of the word Dhanishtha is appropriate wealth.
Dhanishta Nakshatra in astrology is one of the Urdhvamukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras, which have their mouths upwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to palaces, coronations, boundary walls, and tall structures can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Dhanishta Nakshatra in Astrology
Symbol: A Mrudhangam (Indian Drums)
The symbol for Dhanishtha is Mardhala or Mrudhangam. This is a kind of drum. Mrudhangam is an indication that the baby’s hearing is fully developed. Additionally, the posture of a baby during this period is like Mrudhangam.
Deity: The Ashtavasu
Dhanishtha’s deities are Ashtavasu. Vasu’s are the attendant deities of the Vishnu. They are 8 elemental Gods. They include the 5 elements of the Panchamahabhootha.
|Range||0⁰ – 13⁰ 20”|
|Yogathara||Sheraton or Beta Arietis|
|Latitude||8⁰ 29” 14’|
|Longitude||10⁰ 06” 46’|
|Right ascension||1h 54m 21.8s|
|Declination||+20⁰ 47” 1’|
Dhanishta Nakshatra in Astrology
Characteristics of Dhanishta Nakshatra in Astrology
- The deity of Dhanishta Nakshatra is the Ashtavasus, the 8 Vasus.
- Vasu means a ray of light. The 8 Vasus are Apah (Water), Dhruva (Pole Star), Dhara (Earth), Anila (Wind), Soma (Moon), Anala/Pavaka (Fire), Pratyusha (The Dawn) and Prabhasa (Splendour).
- The yoni animal of this Nakshatra is the female lion.
- The female lion is the prime hunter of the pride. A lion cannot be seen running and killing a deer or a buffalo, but only on rare occasions when he is alone and hungry would he be hunting for food.
- It’s the female lion, who is the planner, hunter and provider of pride.
- She is willing to put her life on the line for everyone in the group.
- The male lions do have a job where they protect the pride, cubs and their ground.
- Most of the hunting for the lioness takes place from dusk till dawn.
- What a female lion does is what a Dhanishta native is meant to do. Regardless of one’s sex or gender, they become the hunter or the breadwinner.
- They are fearless, competitive and protective. The spouse of a Dhanishta native will always be protecting the young children.
- The symbolism of this Nakshatra is flute and drums, which shows such natives are always trained in some type of musical instrument.
- The symbol also represents the rhythm of life.
- It can be any rhythmic pattern or the flow or vibration of life, or even the rhythm of nerves.
- It can be noticed that many people with this Nakshatra become great pulse readers because the pulse is the rhythm of our prana (breath), our life; hence Dhanishta natives can become great doctors.
- Ashtavasus are the Gods of abundance that bring prosperity and wealth such as gold, jewellery, land, etc., into the earth plane.
Dhanishtha Nakshatra in Astrology
- The Ashtavasus can be connected with the 8 directions of space and hint at Vastushastra.
- The lioness of this Nakshatra is in connection with Narasimhi, the consort of Narasimha avatar and one of the 8-mother Goddess or Ashta Matrikas.
- Her shaking of mane could create chaos to the stars and planets.
- She was born to pacify Lord Narasimha, connected with the planet Mars, who was born to protect his devotee Prahlada from the demon King Hiranyakashipu.
- Bhishma, a central character in Mahabharata, could be connected to this Nakshatra as well because he was an incarnation of Prabhasa, one of the ashtavasus.
- Prabhasa had stolen a cow with the help of his siblings (other Ashtavsus) and got cursed by the sage Vashishtha to be born on the Earth as mortals.
- Vashishtha later reduced his curse effects by allowing other Ashtavsus except Prabhasa to leave the mortal world within a year.
- Ganga, the river Goddess, promised to help Ashtavasus.
- She became the wife of King Shantanu on the condition that he never said anything in her way.
- The 7 children, the 7 Ashtavasus born to her, were drowned by Goddess Ganga in the river.
- When the 8th child was born, Shantanu couldn’t bear it anymore and opposed his wife, who immediately left him, reminding him about his promise.
- The 8th son, Prabhasa, was named Devarata later became Bhishma in the mortal form.
- On the deathbed of arrows, Bhishma advised Vishnu sahasranama to the guilt-ridden Yudhishthira for having taken part in the Mahabharata, which caused death and destruction to many.
- Bhishma was able to select his moment of death and left the Earth when Sun started Uttarayana, the northward motion in the sky.
- The word Dhanishtha has the connotation of the word “Dhan” in it, which literally means wealth, and hence wealth-related themes could be seen with this Nakshatra.
- Moreover, the stars of Dhanishtha Nakshatra form the diamond-shaped Delphinus constellation in the sky.
- The Vasus, such as Agni (fire), Vayu (wind), etc., helped Lord Indra in his fight with the demons, and hence this Nakshatra can also indicate some type of fight, competition, and competitiveness in a person’s life.
- The biggest part to take out from Bhishma’s mythology may be unsuitable for some readers, especially women under 40.
- This Nakshatra causes either miscarriage or abortion.
- Many charts with Moon in Dhanishtha show the mother dealing with miscarriages, or in a female’s chart, the native had a miscarriage.
- Jupiter aspecting the 5th house or Moon may alleviate effects to some extent and lower the chances of such mishappenings.
- Whenever miscarriage happens for a woman, they must know there was a spiritual yogi, saint etc., who was trying to come into the womb to pay their karma and leave back to the astral world.
- Knowing that the female native was giving birth to some great yogi is kind of a silver lining on this event.
- This Nakshatra is the Nakshatra connected strongly with Bhishma pitamaha from Mahabharata.
- Bhishma was the most feared and mightiest warrior in Mahabharata.
- He was the man who couldn’t be defeated even by his guru Parshurama but was eventually defeated by his nephew Arjuna.
- Dhanishtha is also linked with land, real estate and especially Vastushastra.
- Dhanishtha natives are connected with real estate or have many investment properties.
- Interest in Vastu was rare except for one big anomaly; they all had Vastu dosha in their home, as in misalignment of the floor plan, objects or colour causing some type of disharmony.
- Bhishma had a blessing from his father Shantanu to decide his moment of death, and even after Arjun pierced his body countless times with arrows, he stayed alive until the war ended.
- From Bhishma’s life, it can be seen that Dhanishtha natives are calm and will only bring fear when challenged.
- They always take on fighting and combat training once in their life.
- Dhanishtha natives of all ages love boxing, UFC fighting and wrestling, but more so, they can also be seen having other-dimensional experiences as celestial beings.
- Dhanishtha native will also have major karma with marriage.
- They are either not interested in marriage, or they desperately want marriage/relationship but attract partners providing a lack of partnership security.
- They will also have to fight a major war in their life, either in court, personal combat or society.
Attributes of Dhanishta Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 23’20” in Capricorn (Makar) up to 6’40” in Aquarius (Kumbha).
- Vasu is the deity of this star. It is the giver of wealth, precious stones, valuable articles, gold, opulence, etc.
- Asthavasu derives from Ganga. The virtues of these Gods are associated with this star.
- Natives born under this star are hostile to women because they lack adequate sexual power.
- The native will be sexually weak. It has to be noted that Shani himself is an eunuch.
- The native of the star seldom marries or marriage is difficult for him; if married, conjugal relation is seldom happy.
Description of Dhanishta Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native with Dhanishta as birth Nakshatra will be wealthy, liberal in donation, courageous, lose his wife, be happy in foreign countries, be a liar, be talkative, and like dancing and singing.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born in the star Dhanishta, he will be credulous, wealthy, plump in the thighs and the neck, and joyful.
- According to Sage Narada: One born in Dhanishta will be munificent, addicted to vices, miserly, fond of dance, songs, and women, will accomplish his work only through peace, be splendorous and heroic.
- According to Brihat Samhita: Star Dhanishta makes one charitable, heroic, wealthy, greedy for money, and fond of music.
Dhanishta Nakshatra Pada Description
Dhanishta Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra is ruled by Leo Navamsa (Governed by Sun).
- The native born in the first pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra will be intelligent, ambitious in life, aimed to fulfil hopes and aspirations, drawn to success and completion of projects and goals.
- Those born in the first pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra are bestowed with a hefty body and speak much. They carry on kings’ works and are capable administrators. They are always successful and brave. They enjoy life and are endowed with many children. They sleep too much, are fearful and low-minded.
Dhanishta Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra is ruled by Virgo Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- The native born in the second pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra will be sharp and cunning, dedicated to working, dependable, practical. He will be willing to do anything it takes to succeed, attain spirituality, be a communication expert, talkative, adaptive to life, open to new ideas/concepts, good with hand-eye coordination. The native can become a great engineer, scientist, inventor and possess athletic talents with hands.
- Those born in the second pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra are soft-spoken and obedient. They are learned and transact many things. They earn a lot of money; they serve the authority and are intelligent. They are equipoised towards joy and difficulties and loved by the learned.
Dhanishta Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra is ruled by Libra Navamsa (Governed by Venus).
- The native born in the third pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra will be drawn to the enjoyment of social activity, spiritual relationships, lover of group-oriented activity, prone to becoming famous through the association of good character, and likeable by others.
- Those born in the third pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra are long-lived, endowed with good qualifies, and astrologers. They enjoy all things in life, are famous and respected. They are endowed with success and wisdom. They undertake all jobs, are wealthy, religious, and accompanied by many relatives.
Dhanishta Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra is ruled by Scorpio Navamsa (Governed by Mars).
- The native born in the fourth pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra will be ambitious, driven for success, intense researcher, and wanting to uncover something original.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Dhanishta Nakshatra are cruel, always angry, and earn by questionable means. They speak much, are engaged in untruthful jobs, and suffer from many diseases. They are great deceivers, bereft of relatives, involved in gambling, are after other women, and fools but brave.
Sun’s Ingress (Feb 6th – Feb 18th) for Dhanishta Nakshatra
- Sun is in Dhanishtha Nakshathra between February 6th to February 18th.
- If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Dhanishtha Nakshathra.
- Guru Prathipadha is celebrated during this period. On Guru Prathipadha, the incarnation of Lord Dhatthathreya, Shree Nrusivha Saraswathi Maharaj left the physical form.
Tree of Dhanishta: Shami
- The tree for Dhanishtha Nakshatra is Shami, Benny, or Prosopis Cineraria.
- Shami has so much religious significance in the Hindu religion.
- Shami means the one who eliminates. Hindu warriors used to pray for Shami before leaving for the battle. It is worshipped for power and victory.
- On Vijayadashami or Dhasera, the Shami tree is worshipped.
- Shami leaves are offered to Ganesha.
Applications of Shami
- Bark decoction is used for mouth gargling in mouth ulcers.
- Bark powder is effective in joint pain, dysentery, and diarrhoea.
- Leaves decoction is used to cure itching.
- Bark paste is effective in bleeding disorders like piles and bleeding gums.
- Flower paste is effective to prevent abortion.
Astronomical Information of Dhanishta Nakshatra
- Most of the astronomers agree that Yogathara of Dhanishtha is Sualocin or Alpha Delphini.
- It consists of a binary star. It is a blue-white star and categorised as a very hot star.
Dhanishta Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign (Rashi) compatibility of Capricorn (Makar) Rashi and Dhanishta Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Rashi compatibility of Aquarius (Kumbha) Rashi and Dhanishta Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Taurus, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn
Compatibility Factors of Dhanishta Nakshatra
- Nadi: Madhya or middle.
- Gana (Nature): Rakshasa or daemon.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Simha or lion.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Dhanishta Nakshathra: Wealth.
- Result of first menses on Dhanishta Nakshathra: Affluent, wealthy, happy, committed to duties, enjoys the company of children and grandchildren.
- Result of performing shraddha on Dhanishta Nakshathra: Gains.
- Beneficial activities on Dhanishta: Wearing new clothes and jewellery, learning to ride animals and vehicles, travelling, plantation of trees and crop, washing precious clothes for the first time, buying a new vehicle, stitching clothes, digging a well or a borewell, begin learning dance, monetary investment, ploughing, sowing seeds and entering a new property.
- Beneficial savskara or ceremonies on Dhanishta: Naming, piercing, first solid feeding to baby, first shave of a baby, haircut, shave, intercourse for progeny, start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha.
Remedies of Dhanishtha Nakshatra
- The best remedy for Dhanishtha natives is to have a musical instrument in their home like drums, tabla or a flute.
- These musical items cannot be for decoration and should work as a real instrument.
- Having musical instrument in the home will bring rhythm to life along with wealth.
- The most important remedy is to never make a promise or give your word to someone unless you can 100% fulfill it.
- Do not say I will do this for you and forget about it. One way or the other, this lifetime or the other, you will have to fulfill that promise.
- Do understand when you do fulfill a promise you pay highest of debts in your karmic web of life; so do not avoid but start from small promises before jumping the gun and saying you are the only person I will marry etc, or will give you a promotion.
|Feed||Split Lentil or Dal|
|Vedic Sooktham||Ashwini Sooktham, Oshadhi Sooktham, Aarogya Sooktham|
Remedies for Dhanishta Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Quality of Dhanishtha Nakshatra
- Dhanishtha is a chara Nakshatra, which means when something requires movement, this Nakshatra would work best like moving from one house to the other, purchasing land, sending something out for delivery, shifting office, arranging or buying furniture for your home.
Caste of Dhanishtha Nakshatra
- The caste of Dhanishta Nakshatra is the servant. These are servants who only serve the highest of dharma and truth.
- They are soldiers, boxers, fighters and medical professionals who have certain deeper reasons to fight the good fight.
- It can be seen that most famous boxers were bullied and abused during their childhood by other kids.
- They feel that by being the best boxers, they are giving hope to other kids who may feel the fear of going out and getting harassed.
- Dhanishtha is there to serve for dharma, whatever their dharma might be.
- They need to fight for the lineage and their pure physical presence.
- They are a complete impediment of the human body and know what the human body should be used for: which is protecting and serving.
Sound of Dhanishtha Nakshatra
- Gaa- pada 1, Gee- pada 2, Gu- pada 3, Gay- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Dhanishtha is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Capricorn/Aquarius.
- If someone is with Leo ascendant, then the 6th house would be Capricorn, and 7th house would be Aquarius; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for marriage, business, fame, paying off debts, dealing with enemies, diseases and litigations.
- Depending upon the pada and the problem, a person should focus on such sounds.
Summary of Dhanishta Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Symbol||A musical drum|
|Deity||The Vasus (8 deities associated with wealth and beneficial qualities)|
|Rulership||Men without pride, eunuchs, fast friends, men who are hated by women, charitable people, the very wealthy, peaceful and self-controlled people.|
|Moon in Dhanishta||The native is charitable, wealthy, heroic, fond of songs, and desirous to make money.|
|Purusharth||Dharma or religion|
|Work Profile||Service providers, community helpers|
Summary of Dhanishta Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
Dhanishtha is a chara Nakshatra, which means when something requires movement, this Nakshatra would work best like moving from one house to the other, purchasing land, sending something out for delivery, shifting office, arranging or buying furniture for your home.
Which Rashi is Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
Capricorn and Aquarius
Who is the Lord of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
Drum & Flute
What is the Gana of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
What are the Initials of Dhanishtha Nakshatra?
Gaa, Gee, Gu, Gay
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.