Natives born in Ashlesha Nakshatra in Astrology are skilled in intellectual pursuits, are analytically minded, have critical thinking and are detail-oriented, strong, have observational skills, are cunning and clever. The natives possess a sharp memory, are good at writing and researching, are obstinate and stubborn, have inflexible perceptions, have a spiritual and mystical side, interest in occult practices, and astrology. They are independent, good workers, disciplined, focused on the task, strong-willed, ambitious, willing to do anything to attain power, and natural entrepreneurs.
Ashlesha Nakshatra in Astrology is one of the Adhomukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths downwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to tanks, wells, temples, mining, digging, etc. can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Ashlesha Nakshatra in Astrology
Symbol: A Coil
The symbol for Ashlesha Nakshatra is a coil. This indicates the position of the foetus. The symbol for Pushya is an arrow because the foetus was straight. 8th weeks position of the foetus can be correlated to a coil.
Deity: The Sarpa or Serpent God
The deity of Ashlesha is Sarpa or serpent God and the symbol is a coiled serpent. Serpent God has many forms. The first form is Ananth.
|Range||93⁰ 20” – 106⁰ 40”|
|Yogathara||Asellus Australis or Delta Cancri|
|Position||Middle of Pushya|
|Latitude||0⁰ 4” 37’’|
|Longitude||104⁰ 51” 54’|
|Right ascension||8h 44m 24s|
|Declination||18⁰ 10” 23|
Ashlesha Nakshatra in Astrology
Characteristics of Ashlesha Nakshatra in Astrology
- The yoni animal of Ashlesha Nakshatra which is a male cat.
- A male cat or cats, in general, are extremely moody. They won’t come to you when you call them, they don’t just want to be snuggled when you feel like doing, but if you discipline a cat by forking them or slapping them, they would suddenly turn against you and run away.
- A dog, on the other hand, is completely the opposite. But cats are affectionate and loving but only when they feel they want it.
- There are two different types of cats in the world: outdoor and indoor.
- Ashlesha natives are either extremely independent and want to explore everything, or are forced to be homebodies because the owner doesn’t want them to leave and get lost.
- In some way, Ashlesha natives will be suppressed by their mother.
- One of the most known features of a cat is its eye. They have the most piercing eyes that can scare you or hypnotize you.
- Ashlesha natives have the most beautiful eyes.
- When ascendant, Moon, Sun or Jupiter are placed in this Nakshatra, the native will have big, bold eyes because these are light receivers; eyes are the only organs that make us see things via light.
- When we look at the symbol of Ashlesha, it is the coiled snake wrapped around a sword.
- The element of Ashlesha Nakshatra is water.
- Ashlesha Nakshatra is in the sign of Cancer, which is the original 4th house of land, real estate, but it’s also a water element of intuition, psychic qualities and represents going inwards.
- Ashlesha is one of the most mysterious Nakshatras after Uttara Bhadrapada.
- Owing to the water element, Ashlesha natives are natural psychics and have natural intuition within them, whether they are bankers, actors, detectives or an occultists.
- They just know who is with and against them in their natural environment. The water element of Cancer is related to the environment because it occurs on land (Earth).
- Water cannot find its form unless it has a foundation of land and solid ground.
- Ashlesha natives are very much into the environment and environmental causes.
- The element of water (liquid) also has cosmically one of the most sought after treasures in the open: the Kundalini.
- The Kundalini awakening is a process of collecting energetic fluid rising up the spine with spinal fluid into the pituitary (pineal) gland.
- Ashlesha natives are some of the most prominent people with an awakening on their spiritual path.
- One gets Ashlesha Nakshatra due to their past life merit, where just a little effort goes hundreds of miles.
- Ashlesha Nakshatra dominates the Cancer Nakshatra from the middle to the end, which means the emotions of a Cancer native can find a singular focus internally, which opens the flood gate to spiritual realization.
- The story of Ashlesha lies in the story of divine beings known as Nagas.
- They are half-human, half serpents who dwell deep beneath the surface of Earth and on another planetary system with 18 moons somewhere in the galaxy.
- Truth doesn’t have to be seen; it needs to be felt in the heart.
- They are highly spiritual, mystical, and masters of rituals and occult, which initiated a DNA progression and passed down to every Ashlesha native, hidden inside them like a ticking time bomb.
- Many people perform yoga, and most of them may know Patanjali yoga. If you ever see an image of Patanjali, he’s a half man and half serpent saint who gave the key to escape this prison known as Earth.
- It’s well known amongst the yogis in the Himalayas that Earth is a prison designed to keep you inside without walls.
- The best way to keep a prisoner not feeling trapped is to give them an illusion that they are free, and as a result, they will not try to escape.
- You can look at Patanjali like the character from the film “The Shawshank Redemption”, which conveys the message that with patience, and work ethics, one can be free from this prison.
- If Ashlesha natives direct their energy inwards to seek the truth, they would be the first ones to find the gate to escape.
- In conclusion, Ashlesha natives know how to play mind games and dissect others without looking bad.
- The story of Ashlesha’s deity, Nagas, was born to sage Kashyapa and Kadru.
Lord Sarpa – Deity of Aslesha Nakshatra.
- On one fine night, Kadru placed a wager with the family of Vinata, mother of Garuda and Aruna (charioteers of Vishnu and Sun God, respectively).
- The mother of Nagas secretly tells her sons to cover the trail of Sun with black color, and by doing this, they won the bet and made Vinata and her sons their slaves.
- The Nagas demanded the elixir of immortality from Indra through Garuda and Aruna and mentioned that they would set them free if they could fulfil their wish.
- After they spoke to Indra about their situation, he agreed to give them the elixir but with a trick.
- Once Kadru and Nagas were handed the elixir, they were freed from their oath, but Indra quickly came and took the pot from them. In the process, a single drop spill on the ground and Nagas quickly went to the ground to lick the drop, but at the same time, the sharp blade of grass split their tongue and hence they have the forked tongue.
- Since this time, they went underground in a place called Naga-Loka, which is extremely beautiful and sensual with many gems and ornaments, which contains the spiritual vibration of this Earth.
- They love being around such gems, which helps them to understand the highest of consciousness.
- Knowing this history of Nagas, which is an extremely small part of their entire existence, it can be seen that Ashlesha natives, when run by a stepmother, will always find her wrath as a master-slave relationship.
- Ashlesha natives will also get extremely attracted to the elixir of life like medicine, essential oils, chemicals, which helps to heal the body and take the poison out.
- Since Nagas became snakes and developed the venom, they have been trying to find redemption to be themselves again.
- Ashlesha natives will always, one way or the other, deal with chemicals. It may not be professionally but even as a hobby.
- Nagas transformed themselves from divine beings to a snake.
- Ashlesha natives are always transforming their looks and becoming masters of disguise.
- The leaked drop from the elixir pot also shows one would always have leaky taps in their home during the cycle of the planet (mahadasha), which is placed in this Nakshatra.
- The Nagas and their mother, who wagged a wager for no apparent reason to get them into trouble, Ashlesha people always challenge themselves with others but wind up losing at the end if they are not careful.
Ashlesha Nakshatra in Astrology
- Like these two Nakshatras, Ashlesha natives also love gems and wear only the most beautiful and authentic gems.
- Their homes are also the most beautiful and sensual places.
- It looks more like a museum than a home.
- Since Nagas live underground, which some called underworld, Ashlesha, with the malefic influence of Rahu, Ketu, or Saturn, can become part of underworld don and mafias.
- They love being the head of a group, whether it’s a spiritual, religious or criminal organization.
- The one feature we have seen with snake Nakshatra like Rohini and Mrigashira is their ability to elope with various people not for marriage but for sexual pleasure.
- Ashlesha is known for this, but they are more known to express their sexual fantasy on a single partner most of the time.
- With Mars, Moon and Mercury in Ashlesha, the native will have bisexual experiences and love threesome or foursome sexual activity.
- Mars in Libra and in Ashlesha has produced many gay or bisexual people.
- One of the most prominent features of a snake is that they curl up when sleeping or even mating and hence, becomes a prime feature of Ashlesha.
- During lovemaking, they like to hug tightly and crush the other person as a snake has one of the strongest grips on their victims, but do not mistake this Naga with the other two snake Nakshatras.
- The first two Nakshatras are the aftermath of Naga’s transformation, but Ashlesha is about who they originally were, and to the point of transformation.
- Thus, Ashlesha natives are not so easily understood or observed.
- They are thought to be cheating, sleazy, manipulative people while they are the victims of their environment to have such personalities.
- If an Ashlesha native is not victimized during their childhood, they usually grow up to be quite normal.
Attributes of Ashlesha Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 16’40” to 30’00” degree Cancer (Karka).
- Moon (Chandra) is the Lord of Ashlesha Nakshatra.
- It is the birth star of Ketu.
- The symbol of Ashlesha Nakshatra is a coiled up snake.
- It is the nature of a snake to hide, encircle and entwine, creep on the chest, embrace, and enjoy or unite surreptitiously.
- These are the attributes of Ashlesha also. The cunningness of the serpent, its devious nature, the burning sensation of poison, and pain, along with all consequences that poison connotes, are to be read in the context of Ashlesha.
- The virtues and vices of the serpent are all in it.
- Chandra in Ashlesha is sicklier with various faults in great intensity.
- The native who has his karmapathi (Lord of the 10th house) or bhagyapathi (Lord of the 9th house) in this star would run the risk of having all his principal acts in life handicapped, jeopardised or spoiled by many kinds of danger and obstruction.
- If the Lagna is in this star, the native would possibly be of wily disposition. Such natives would like to work in secret, and their words would carry the sting of poison.
Description of Ashlesha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native who has Aslesha as ruling Nakshatra will be cruel (or of malefic tendencies), fickle-minded, eloquent, mean, bestowed with wisdom, have a lot of money, will have income in multiple ways, will have sons, and will be cunning.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born under the star Aslesha, i.e., when the Moon is in that asterism, he will be silly, betraying, showing ingratitude by his speech, of hasty temper and depraved.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Aslesha will be mischievous, cruel, fond of others’ wives, crafty, straight in form (i.e. will not be crooked-bodied), addicted to vices, and self-restrained.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The asterism Aslesha makes one insincere, inclined to eat everything, sinful, ungrateful, and deceitful.
Ashlesha Nakshatra Pada Description
Ashlesha Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the first pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are learned and dignified. They are knowledgeable and follow the instructions of religious discussions. They are intelligent and good speakers.
- Those born in the first pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are hard-working, effort-driven, focused on broad ideas, always learning, capable of enormous wealth, emotional, caring, charitable, generous, derive fame from charity, and attached to education.
- Those born in the first pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are interested in law, philosophy, religion, and higher ideals, bringing out broad minded ideas into the world, building hospitals, churches, schools, donating to colleges and institutions.
- Those born in the first pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are conquering, have a broad vision, looking into the future, and always working on new business ventures.
Ashlesha Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the second pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are fickle, interested in doing silly jobs, sharp, fierce, and go after other’s women.
- Those born in the second pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are selfish, emotional, willing to leave others behind to move forward.
- Those born in the second pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are extremely ambitious, cunning, clever, have goals towards status, want authority, want to be the boss, and are government-oriented.
- Those born in the second pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra want to help government, and rise to status in government.
Ashlesha Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the third pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are chatterboxes, slow, idle, interested in doing silly jobs, stingy, and thieves.
- Those born in the third pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are ambitious, straightforward, honest, philanthropic, working with others, and have emotions aimed at improvement.
- Those born in the third pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra want to reform society, working to bring the underprivileged out from the bottom.
- Those born in the third pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra may suffer from windy diseases.
Ashlesha Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are learned, knowledgeable, soft-spoken, respected and loved by all, have no enemies, great sufferers, and are loved by women.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are compassionate, empathetic, extremely emotional, giving all of self, emotionally ambitious, have creative goals, and use emotions with imagination.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra are interested in music, natural born writers, connect to others emotionally through art, giving a feeling of life through art, hospitable, good at hosting.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ashlesha Nakshatra get involved in home care, real estate, are prone to being victimized, may have mental illness, financial problems, struggle with illusion and morality.
Sun’s Ingress (Aug 2nd – Aug 15th) of Ashlesha Nakshatra
- Sun enters Ashlesha on Aug 2nd and remains there till Aug 15th.
- If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Ashlesha Nakshatra.
- Generally, both the Sun and Moon are in Ashlesha Nakshatra on this day. Here, the flame of light is an indication of next-generation, and it is worshipped for the wellbeing of coming generations.
- It is also worshipped for the baby’s good health in the womb because during this period, the pregnancy is confirmed.
Tree of Ashlesha: Nagakesara
- The tree of Ashlesha Nakshatra is Nagakesara.
- Nagakesara is a famous Ayurvedic herb used to treat fever, vomiting, urinary tract disorders, and migraine.
- It is also used in Shuddha Tantra. Traditionally it is kept in the treasury to increase the earnings.
Applications of Nagakesara
- Nagakesara with ghee is used in hemorrhoids or piles.
- Nagakesara is used to cleanse the uterus after delivery or abortion.
- Nagakesara oil is applied to burn wounds and ulcers.
- Stamens of Nagakesara with red sandalwood paste is used for glowing skin.
Astronomical Information for Ashlesha Nakshatra
- Astronomers are divided about the Yogathara of Ashlesha Nakshatra. Some consider it as Hadrae, and others consider it as Alpha Cancri.
- Most believe that it is Alpha Cancri purely based on apparent magnitude because other factors are Alpha Cancri is a 4th magnitude star.
- It is also called Acubens and is located at the left claw of the crab. Because it is close to ecliptic, it can be occulted by Moon but rarely by other planets.
- It is a white star and considered hotter than average.
Ashlesha Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Rashi Compatibility of Ashlesha Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Aries, Leo, Virgo
Compatibility Factors of Ashlesha Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aanthya or last.
- Gana (nature): Rakshasa or daemon.
- Yoni (animal symbol): Marjara or cat.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Ashlesha Nakshathra: The clothes may get damaged.
- Result of first menses on Ashlesha Nakshathra: Interested in flirting, short-tempered, aggressive, good speaker, may not get along with her children and laid back.
- Result of performing shraddha on Ashlesha Nakshathra: Birth of a son.
- Beneficial activities on Ashlesha: Diplomacy, attack on the enemy, manufacturing weapons, learning to ride animals and vehicles, digging a well or a borewell, and marketing.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Ashlesha: Start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha.
Remedies of Ashlesha Nakshatra
- The best remedy for Ashlesha natives is to always use essential oils.
- When they use them, they tend to get the most prominent beneficial effect of such oils.
- The success of Ashlesha natives lies in the mood.
- If the mood is lazy and dull, success is 6,000 miles away, but when the mood is uplifted, motivated success is where they stand.
- Seeing snakes will be the biggest blessings, but don’t go out hunting for snakes; go to someone who cares for snakes professionally, or most of the time, in temples of Shiva, Kali, and Ganesha in India will have snakes.
- Ashlesha natives should wear pure, authentic diamond or gems because Nagaloka is filled with authentic gems.
- There is some unknown energy that natural gems carry, which provides something to the Naga race.
- Everyone knows that gems are connected with planets, but that is not what this remedy is. This is simply connected with natural gems and Nagas.
|Feed||Meat or eggs of a bird|
|Vratham||Naga Panchami Vratham, Sarpa|
|Vedic Sooktham||Sarpa Sooktham|
Remedies for Ashlesha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Quality of Ashlesha Nakshatra
- Ashlesha is a Tikshna Nakshatra, which should be used for destruction, conquest, and secretive activities away from the light of the world.
- This is also a good Nakshatra for starting Shiva pooja, Naga Pooja, getting a cat or kitten and studying the environment.
- This is also a great Nakshatra for taking out toxins from the body when people go for detoxing.
Caste of Ashlesha Nakshatra
- This is an outcaste Nakshatra, which shows that Ashlesha natives will always take the most opposite and 3rd party route to achieve their goals in life.
- This being one of the most mystical Nakshatra, it would be no surprise if an average billionaire has taken a mystical and occult approach to attain their wealth.
- They might have a professional astrologer on salary, they may go to a tarot card reader to see which stock company they should buy or invest in.
- Their lifestyle choices will be very bizarre for most to understand.
- If you ever go to a home of an Ashlesha native, observe the unusual items as décor in their home.
Sound of Ashlesha Nakshatra
- Dee- pada 1, Doo- pada 2, Day- pada 3, Doh- pada 4. Sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as a brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Ashlesha is in their chart, which means where is the Cancer sign.
- If someone is a Pisces ascendant, then the 5th house would be Cancer; and using such brands or names that start with such sounds would be beneficial for happiness, children and luxuries.
Summary of Ashlesha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Dasha Ruler||Budha (Mercury)|
|Symbol||A coiled serpent|
|Deity||Sarpa (a divine snake)|
|Rulership||Artificial things, bulbs, roots, fruits, insects, reptiles, poison, robbers, cereals, all classes of physicians.|
|Work profile||Work away from home, leather or sewage-related work.|
|Moon in Ashlesha||The native cheats, eats all kinds of food, does evil deeds, is wily and treacherous.|
|Purushartha||Dharma or religion|
Summary of Ashlesha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Ashlesha Nakshatra?
Ashlesha is a Tikshna nakshatra, which should be used for destruction, conquest, and secretive activities away from the light of the world. This is also a good nakshatra for starting Shiva pooja, Naga Pooja, getting a cat or kitten and studying the environment.
Which Rashi is Ashlesha Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
What is the Gana of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
Tikshna (Sharp or Dreadful)
What is the Caste of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
Small Blue Sparrow
What is the Tree of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
What are the Initials of Ashlesha Nakshatra?
Dee, Doo, Day, Doh
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.