Ardra Nakshatra in Astrology denotes that native has intellectual nature, passionate thinking side, is sharp-minded, looking for why and the cause behind things that happen in the world, has strong speaking talents, lack a large number of close friends, confrontations with others, master of debates and arguments, makes enemies easily, causing emotional pain to others, and can be turned away by society.
Ardra Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Urdhvamukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras, which have their mouths upwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to palaces, coronations, boundary walls, and tall structures can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: A Bead or a Drop
The sign for this Nakshatra is a tear or a drop. This is an indication of seminal fluid that causes fertilization.
Deity: Lord Rudhra
The deity for Ardra Nakshatra is Rudhra. The meaning of the word Rudhra is the one who makes cry because Rudh means to cry. The deity for Rohini is Brahma and for Ardra is Rudhra. Brahma is the creator, Vishnu is the maintainer, and Rudhra is the destroyer. You may wonder how come Rudhra came after Brahma instead of Vishnu. This is because the egg was formed and didn’t get fertilized. This means the creation and destruction happened but were not maintained. Vishnu is a deity of Shravana Nakshatra because, during Shravana Nakshathra, the development of the baby is complete.
|66⁰ 40” – 80
|Alhena or Gamma Geminorum
|The brightest star of Ardra
|6h 37m 42s
Characteristics of Ardra Nakshatra in Astrology
- The animal of Ardra Nakshatra is a female wolf or a female dog. A dog is the most fascinating creature on this planet.
- It can love to the point that it will give its life for you, or it can bite and throttle someone’s bone if they cross their territory.
- They are needy, emotional, and pack animals. They always want to be with you and feel abandoned when you go to work.
- Dogs have alpha dog in the pack, usually in domestic settings, where there are more than 3 dogs.
- One will always become the alpha, but there aren’t any alpha in wolves except the senior dog, who may be the pack’s parent.
- They work as a team without a leader.
- Translating these facts into Nakshatra is quite simple. Ardra natives require extreme loyalty in love and friendship.
- They do not want to feel abandoned by you else, they either become extremely emotional or wild like the wolf to defend their loyalty for you.
- They go to extremes of showing their loyalty by even giving their own lives, but when you cross them or their loved one, they will come after you like a hungry dog or wolf and eat the flesh off of you.
- They are unpredictable, like a strange dog. You do not know if they are friendly or will try to bite you.
- Therefore, everyone is cautious of approaching an Ardra native.
- When Ardra natives gets angry, sad and frustrated, they will howl and scream like the wolf, especially when the impact of malefics is on the planet placed in Ardra.
- Usually, these people are calm and very private, like the wild wolves, which hide in the deep forest.
- Wolves are excellent hunters in the world. Ardra natives love going hunting, which is also their symbolism of “The Hunter”.
- They love eating wild game meat like elk, venison, wild boar, alligator etc. This quality of hunting also gives such natives good eyesight in the dark.
- Such folks will always hunt for their object of desire when they like someone and will do whatever it takes to get them.
- The deity of this Nakshatra is Rudra (Shiva). Shiva is an Aghori, the one who is naked, constantly meditates, deals and loves death, knows the value of death, stays in cremation grounds, eating wild fruits, berries of forest including meat.
- Yes, Shiva did it all. All the things are in Shiva Purana. Shiva is known as Bholenaath (the innocent one), he gives whatever you ask him.
- He is always in meditation and calm, but if you were to disturb him from his meditation, he will not only destroy you but has the capacity of destroying the entire Universe.
- Rudra (Shiva) is also one of the first medicine man from the Rig Veda.
- He is one of the best physicians of all times. He was making medicine himself and healing people under the name Vaidyanatha (Lord of remedies).
- Rudra is the embodiment of Shiva with armor along with bow & arrow, just like the Hunter of Orion.
- It’s said that one must worship Rudra in order to attain moksha.
- Rudra was created by multiple Gods to get to Brahma, who was chasing his daughter for procreation.
- Gods wanted something so powerful that could take Brahma down, and this is how Rudra was manifested.
- Ardra natives are exactly like Shiva.
- They are wild, unorthodox; they can go to the extreme of everything like extreme meditation, love, lust, anger, work, and emotions, just like how Shiva’s anger can destroy the whole Universe.
- They are usually calm people who are wild in a silly sense.
- They are very animated and can be boys of boys or girls amongst boys due to the muscle nature of this Nakshatra.
- A girl usually is a tomboy in youth.
- Once Shiva is disturbed from his calm mood or backstabbed, then they become Rudra and will destroy whatever is in front of them.
- They are the ones who can throw everything from their desk when angry.
- Ardra natives also make great physicians, and are related to pharmaceutical and Ayurveda professions.
- Career is determined by using the Dharma, Artha, Kama, Moksha technique.
- The symbolism of Ardra is a teardrop and a skull. The teardrop represents the drop of the storm.
- A storm will always start out with a few drops on your head, and before you know, you are in a flood of water.
- The drop is known as a “tear drop”, which is the teardrop of Shiva.
- In real life, Ardra must face storms of emotions where tears just come out.
- When they cry, they will cry a storm and usually, it can be over very small things.
- The cry is not normal; it’s a cry with a howl and scream.
- Out of all the Nakshatras, Ardra is the most emotional and with deep feelings, but the reason why they have such feelings is because the world is supposed to betray those feelings, so the water inside turns into a fierce storm.
- It’s in their karma to deal with tears; therefore, they make the best actors in front of a camera.
- When Ardra native reads a letter, email or text message from past, they can have a river of tears flowing out of them.
- The symbolism of the skull is the mystical and realistic side of Ardra.
- A skull is actually one of the best tools for an Aghori in the cremation ground.
- They use the skull for drinking wine. It may be sacrilegious for us, but we are too dumb to understand the scientist (Aghori) practicing this science of nature.
- There is a logical purpose why an Aghori smears themselves with ashes and drink from skull or eat the flesh of the dead.
- The skull symbolism shows that Ardra is not afraid of death and is curious about the world of mysticism, occult, tantra, and magic rituals.
- Skull is also where the hair grows, and Ardra represents the hair of Shiva.
- The controller of this Nakshatra is Rahu. All three Nakshatras of Rahu, which are Ardra Nakshatra, Swati Nakshatra and Shatabhisha Nakshatra, will have a lot of similar themes to them compared to other Nakshatra being ruled by a single planet.
- Rahu is like Jupiter. All Rahu ruled Nakshatras love space, science fiction, astrophysics, the astral plane, fantasy and anything to do with the new-age technology.
- Even though Ardra is a medicine man, but these natives are attracted to future technology.
- Out of all the Nakshatras of Rahu, Ardra has the capacity to write a great science fiction book.
- All Ardra natives dive into the fantasy of what is the world, how the world works, and what else is out there in the ether besides this blue planet, Earth.
Attributes of Ardra Nakshatra in Astrology
- Ardra Nakshatra extends in Gemini (Mithun) from 6’40” to 20’00”.
- When Surya enters Ardra, the Earth is said to be starting its menstrual course, that is, Ambubachi.
- Ardra means wet or surcharged with water. Because the Earth is running her menstrual course, teardrops fall one after another.
- From Rudra comes all suffering, persecutions and oppressions, anger, the ferocity of countenance or hideousness of noise. Rudra is another name of Shiva, the five-faced (Panchanana).
- In knowledge, asceticism, renunciation, and enjoyment, he is the supreme consummation of all desires. He is a blue-throated one, the wielder of the tremendous powers, what could not be attempted, far less achieved by other Gods.
- On one side, he symbolizes the perfect placidity and serenity; on the other hand, he is the symbol of all that is terrible. He holds the great serpent on his head and forehead crescent Chandra with his sweet-soft light.
- At the same time, he is the most peaceful and the most terrible. And in all these are to be traced the intrinsic characteristics of Ardra.
- Superficially, on the surface of it, Ardra stands for suffering, hardness, cruelty, murder, prison, theft, adultery, etc.
- The root characteristic is oppression in order to purify. All male kidney troubles, connected urethral diseases and also uterine diseases of the females, come within the jurisdiction of Ardra.
Description of Ardra Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native with Ardra as his natal Nakshatra will have a wavering mind, be a crafty speaker, and will steal others’ money, be self-respected, will have few sons, be long-lived, and will have royal money.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If at a native’s birth, the Moon is in Ardra, he will be destitute to wealth, fickle, with much physical strength, and addicted to base actions.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Ardra will be interested in rituals related to tantra, adventurous, skillful in trading, fierce, and ungrateful.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The asterism Ardra makes one perfidious, haughty, irascible, ungrateful, cruel, and sinful.
Ardra Nakshatra Pada Description
Ardra Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Ardra Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the first pada of Ardra Nakshatra are very kind-hearted and pleasant-faced, experts with good qualities, warriors, learned, famous, worshipers of Gods, and help others.
- Those born in the first pada of Ardra Nakshatra are bring morality (their version) to society through Information sharing, standing up for people’s rights, and changing the world through social networking.
- Those born in the first pada of Ardra Nakshatra bring destruction through morality, destruction through beliefs, stirring up trouble with religious ideals, and being dogmatic towards others.
- Those born in the first pada of Ardra Nakshatra are activists, reshaping society through beliefs, publishing ideas, bringing change through teaching and spiritual teaching.
Ardra Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Ardra Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the second pada of Ardra Nakshatra are unpolished, proud, perfect speakers, slow, sad, bereft of Gods and teachers. They are subtle, enjoyers, and handsome.
- Those born in the second pada of Ardra Nakshatra are knowledgeable, curious and highly educated, well-travelled, arrogant and self-righteous, use social networking to bolster beliefs, supporting philosophies, and religious interests.
- Those born in the second pada of Ardra Nakshatra are bringing morality (their version) to society through Information sharing, standing up for peoples rights, changing the world through social networking, destruction through morality, destruction through beliefs, and stirring up trouble with religious Ideas.
- Those born in the second pada of Ardra Nakshatra be dogmatic towards others, are activists, and reshaping society through beliefs, publishing ideas, bringing change through teaching and spiritual teaching.
Ardra Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Ardra Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius (Governed by Saturn).
- Those born in the third pada of Ardra Nakshatra are curious, desire accumulation of knowledge, are information junkies, and are involved in new age communications.
- Those born in the third pada of Ardra Nakshatra are born scientists, techies, engineers, fixated on perfection, driven to greatness and yearning to improve society.
- Those born in the third pada of Ardra Nakshatra perform social work to bring social reforms, offer physical or financial support, are always busy, obsessive, wanting results, and have unachievable hopes and ambitions.
Ardra Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Ardra Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces (Governed by Jupiter).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ardra Nakshatra are great people, intelligent, enjoyers, wealthy, learned in the Vedas, religious, happy, long-lived, endowed with many children, loved by people and relatives, are truthful and affectionate to their mothers.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ardra Nakshatra are ambitious, intense, hardworking, win at all costs, derive satisfaction with changing society, always needing to make a mark among the masses, and want status through transforming things.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ardra Nakshatra need accolades for efforts, need authority for inspiration, and continuity to maintain interest using intellect for political agendas and movements.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ardra Nakshatra use social networking to promote politics, changing the face of politics and government, are detached emotionally, confused, and selfish.
Sun’s Ingress (Jun 21st – July 4th) for Ardra Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Ardra on Jun 21st and remains in Ardra till July 4th. If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Ardra Nakshatra.
- According to the Sayana calendar, June 21st is a Solstice. In India, it is the summer solstice. On this day, the Sun changes its path till the December solstice.
- Interestingly, Rahu or the north node of the Moon, owns this Nakshatra.
- Rahu’s direction is the reverse of other planets, and these 2 things can be aptly correlated. Similarly, the winter solstice comes under Moola Nakshatra, and Ketu owns the Moola Nakshatra.
- Therefore, both the Nakshatras, when the Sun changes its direction, starts to fall under Rahu and Ketu.
Tree of Ardra: Krushna Agaru
- The tree for Ardra is Krushna Agaru or Aquilaria Agallocha.
- Agaru is effective in bronchitis, asthma, fatigue, bleeding piles, chylous urine, skin disorders, and bedwetting.
- It balances Vatha and Kapha.
- Its bark has a pleasant aroma and is also used in incense sticks.
- It is useful in the eye and ear disorders.
- It helps improve the strength of teeth and sense organs.
Applications of Krushna Agaru
- In cold weather, the paste of hot potency Agaru is smeared over the skin’s surface exposed to cold weather.
- The application of paste is also effective in fever with chills.
- The paste application effectively affects pain caused by Osteoarthritis, gout, and rheumatic joints.
- Agaru oil, when used as ear drops, appeases the otalgia (ear pain) and supportive otitis (pus in the middle ear).
- The pain in the eyes is relieved when the paste is applied over the eyelids.
Astronomical Information of Ardra Nakshatra
- Many astronomers feel that Yogathara of Aardhra is Alpha Orionis.
- It is Gamma Geminorum or Alhena because the longitude of Alpha Orionis is well outside Aardhra.
- Additionally, the apparent magnitude of both the stars are comparable, and the ecliptic latitude of Gamma Geminorum is closer to 6.5.
Ardra Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign compatibility of Ardra Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn, Pisces
Sign Compatibility of Ardra Nakshatra Groom
Taurus, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn
Compatibility Factors of Ardra Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aadhya or first.
- Gana (nature): Manushya or human.
- Yoni (animal symbol): Shawna or dog.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Ardra Nakshatra: Illness.
- Result of first menses on Ardra Nakshatra: Diplomatic and ready to do anything for success.
- Result of performing shraddha on Ardra Nakshatra: Bravery.
- Beneficial activities on Ardra Nakshatra: Attack on enemies, learning to ride animals and vehicles.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Ardra Nakshatra: Start learning a new subject, introducing letters to a baby, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha.
Remedies for the Native with the Ardra Nakshatra
- The remedy for this Nakshatra is to have a dog as a pet.
- A dog will always balance the chaotic energy that is churning inside these natives.
- The wild side of Ardra feels at ease with an animal, which is the descendant of the wild wolf.
- The other remedy is to worship Shiva by pouring milk on the shivling inside a temple only.
- Ardra being a Nakshatra of Agohri, such natives must go to the wilderness and natural places once every three to six months.
- The more time they spend in wild places and nature, the more calmer they feel.
- Being in the wild isn’t easy but perhaps living in cabins with some basic protection is possible.
|Feed water to a bull
|Blood, black cow
|Pradosh Vratha, Mahashivarathri Pooja
|Rudhra Sooktham, Rudradhyaya Namakam
Remedies for Ardra Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Caste of the Native with the Ardra Nakshatra
- The caste of Ardra Nakshatra is the butcher, which means any tasks given to Ardra will be butchered according to their liking.
- Ardra natives cannot be expected to just follow instructions perfectly.
- They will always add their own flavor into the task, which is why most of the time, they can be seen being fired from a job or jumping from one job to another.
- This is like giving an Aghori a task to build a computer from scratch. The power button might be at the bottom of the desktop.
- The storm of Ardra makes such natives burst into flames with their words in the middle of a conversation or argument.
Summary of Ardra Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Murderers, animal catchers, liars, adulterers, thieves, rogues, creators of discord, cruel persons, charmers, sorcerers, those well versed in the art of raising goblins.
|Hunting and other cruel acts
|Moon in Ardra
|The native is deceitful and haughty, ungrateful, cruel, mischievous and vicious.
|Kama or desire
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the animal of Ardra Nakshatra?
Female Dog is the Animal of Ardra Nakshatra.
What is special about Ardra Nakshatra?
Ardra is a Tikshna Nakshatra, which should be used for any activities such as destruction, conquer and secretive activities away from the light of the world. This is also a good nakshatra for starting Shiva pooja, getting a dog or puppy and studying the weather/connected with nature.
Which Rashi is Ardra Nakshatra?
The sign associated with Ardra Nakshatra is Aries/Mesh.
Who is the Lord of Ardra Nakshatra?
The Lord of Ardra Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is Rahu.
Who is the Deity of Ardra Nakshatra?
The Lord ‘Rudra’, the God of destruction is the Deity of Ardra Nakshatra.
What is the Symbol of Ardra Nakshatra?
The Symbol of Ardra Nakshatra is Teardrop, Diamond, and Skull.
What is the Gana of Ardra Nakshatra?
Gana of Ardra Nakshatra is Manushya (Human).
What is the Quality of Ardra Nakshatra?
Quality of Ardra Nakshatra is Tikshna (Sharp or Dreadful).
What is the Caste of Ardra Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Ardra Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Ardra Nakshatra?
Black Ebony and Black Pepper.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.