The meaning of the word Ashadha is festival or procession, and Uttara Ashadha means later part of the procession. This means the later part, i.e. the cycle of birth of a baby, has started.
Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra in astrology is one of the Urdhvamukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths upwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to palaces, coronations, boundary walls, construction of tall structures can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Symbol: Planks of a Bed
The symbol for Utthara Ashadha is the planks of a bed or a small cot. This is an indication of a baby putting more weight.
Deity: The Vishwedhevas
The deity of Utthara Ashadha is Vishwedhevas. Vishwedhevas means all Vedic Gods taken together. In Vedas, 33 Gods are identified. These include 8 Vasu, 12 Aadhithya, and 11 Rudhra. Vishwedhevas are the most comprehensive gathering of Gods.
|266⁰ 40” – 280
|Sagittarius (Dhanu) and Capricorn (Makar)
|Albaldah or Pi Sagittarii
Characteristics of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra in Astrology
- The yoni animal of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra is the mongoose.
- Mongoose is famously known for one thing, killing the snake and taking its deadly bite.
- The mongoose is the one animal that can take on any type of snake species, from cobra, rattlesnake to a black mamba.
- The behaviour of the mongoose is that it frustrates, annoys and makes the snake tired and only when the snake is tired does the mongoose attack and kill it with one hit.
- Mongooses are also quite fond of Rahu (Pigs), or one of its cousins known as warthogs. They are known to come into the territory of mongooses and have them clean all the lice and ticks off of them.
- This not only helps them get cleaned but gives mongoose a nice stuff to snack on.
- Mongoose lives in a large group like a colony and is very social.
- They are also known to breed between March-May and have a very unpleasant smell.
- From the yoni animal, it can be seen that Uttara Ashadha natives will always have snake-like enemies and will flirt with snake-like people.
- In a friendship, relationship or with co-workers, Uttara Ashadha natives will crush them or expose them to the world, and they feel undefeated in life.
- Just like how mongoose sees the opportunity to kill the snake, Uttara Ashadha folks are extremely opportunistic, and when they see it, they go for it.
- They jump into things before anyone else does and are not afraid of the challenge.
- The warthogs receiving cleaning from these small relentless creatures show that they are able to help anyone in any type of condition.
- They do not see species, colour, creed or caste.
- Since pigs are connected with Varaha avatar, representing Rahu, and Rahu represents Muslims, Uttara Asahadha will always make a Muslim friend or have a Muslim lover in their life. It will be of a great benefit because, like the mongoose gets to feed on the ticks and lice of the wild pig, the Uttara Ashadha native will also be able to get many things to feed on through such people easily.
- Due to the colonization nature of mongooses, they are very social.
- They always want to take over things and set up their own eutopia wherever they go.
- The symbol of this Nakshatra is the elephant’s tusk, which again shows that these natives are prolific writers.
- They can write a trilogy and something as epic as Mahabharata written by the great Hindu God Ganesha.
- The elephant’s tusk is pretty much a tooth, which Ganesha broke off and turned into an ink pen.
- There are rumours that the originally written book by Ganesha is locked in the Padmanabhaswamy temple of Lord Vishnu.
- The broken tooth shows dental issues that Uttara Ashadha natives need to deal with if this Nakshatra is influenced by malefics and posited in the 6th, 8th or 12th house.
- Vishwadevas or the Universal Gods are the deities of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra.
- The universal Gods or the Vishwadevas have the power to grant invincible victory.
- Viswadevas deals with universal moral principles.
- The qualities governed by them are goodness, truth, willpower, time, desire, skillfulness, forbearance, ancestors, abundance and summit/peak.
- Lord Ganesha, the elephant-headed God, is also connected with this asterism for being the one in charge of karma.
- Lord Krishna is supposed to have displayed his true form, or the Vishwaroopa, to Arjuna in Mahabharata’s Kurukshetra, where he had the entire Universe, the Gods ruling the Universe as being one- Lord Krishna.
- The animal connected with this Nakshatra is the mongoose, which could also be connected with Lord Kubera, who carries a mongoose skin purse, and rules the North direction connected with Mercury.
- Abhimanyu, son of Arjuna, may also be connected with the last pada of this Nakshatra, as he was the one who broke through the Chakravyuha formation in the Mahabharata but ended up dying.
- Parikshit, the son of Abhimanyu, was the only one who survived the Pandava clan even after getting impacted by Brahmastra from Ashwatthama.
- The mythology clearly shows that Uttara Ashadha natives are undefeated in most of their undertakings.
- They take the right and proper actions to make sure the victory is on their side.
- Like Purva Ashadha Nakshatra natives, they are strategic about what type of war they are entering into and how they will conquer their mission.
- Vishwa Devas are about morals and principles, and it translates into these natives as the anchor of their lifeboat.
- Even the mob boss or a hard-minded criminal will have a set of principles that they will build their foundation on, like never killing children, women, or someone without a cause.
- If you pay attention to the mythology, you will understand the word “Universal God”, meaning Uttara Ashadha natives do not have a single-minded approach to a single religion.
- They believe in one universal God, one defining omnipresence.
- They are always interested in anthropology, history and colonization of different religious beliefs in different regions of the world.
- Krishna, who revealed his true self to Arjuna in the middle of the battlefield, becomes a key figure in this Nakshatra.
- Krishna was known to be very apt, and he cheated many times in the Mahabharata to give Pandavas the advantage against their cousins.
- The cheating was fair, as rules of the battle were not followed initially by Kauravas.
- Uttara Ashadha natives are not afraid of cheating when they realize their enemy is serving them the same dish.
- These natives are always in search of the answer of the true universe origins and who created this entire existence due to Krishna showing his Vishwaroopa (universal God form) to Arjuna.
- Krishna also died with an arrow hit on the left foot by Jara, and so these natives always have sprained ankles and injury to their knee or leg, especially Saturn being the ruler of the Capricorn side.
- Uttara Ashadha natives are the most powerful individuals within themselves.
- One of the key features of someone who is in the power/position is their way of conducting themselves.
- For example, a powerful banker, mob boss or CEO have a habit of always wearing the best things and smoking cigars.
- Cigars have been the key symbol of such people to show their power in the world.
- This Nakshatra deals with time, and they love to wear the best wristwatches so that they can keep track of time.
- Saturn, the ruler of the Capricorn sign, is also the karaka of time.
- Uttara Ashadha natives come to change things, and they make a big impact on society.
- They feel it is their duty to give light to society at any cost, even if it means sacrificing their comfort and life. Uttara Ashadha stands for later victory.
- When a person has this Nakshatra dominating in their chart, they will lose many battles in the early life but later become invincible and undefeated.
Attributes of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 26’40” Sagittarius (Dhanu) to 10’00” of Capricorn (Makara).
- Lord is Jupiter (Guru) and Saturn (Shani). The derivatives from Uttara Ashadha are closely allied to those of Purva Ashadha.
- The points of difference are that Poorva Ashadha spreads out, and it is concerned with extensiveness.
- On the other hand, Uttara Ashadha is introspective and penetrative and is concerned with intensiveness, the results of the latter being more permanent than the former (Poorvashadha).
- The deity who preserves this world and makes for its welfare is called ‘ganadevata’or Vishwadevatas.
- There are ten ganadevatas Basu, Satya, Kratu, Daksha, Kala, Kama, Dhriti, Kuru, Pururaba, Madraba.
- All their attributes are in this star. The warrior, the wrestler, the painter, the artist, the magician, the well-dressed man, the happy and successful men are influenced by this star.
- A special characteristic of it is that it causes the native to be admired and socially applauded.
- Another characteristic of it is that under the influence of this star, the native falls in love with an unmarried girl.
- Bhishma of the Mahabharata was one of the 8 Basus, so under this star, one possesses self-control, restraint, endurance and firm character. There are special rituals for the worship of ganadevatas, which are more or less of specialised nature.
Description of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native born in Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra will like fun, be modest, have many enemies, be distressed, distinguished knowledge, will wander, have many wives, and be kind.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born in the star Uttara Ashadha, he will be honourable, of tranquil nature, happy, possess wealth and learned.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Uttara Ashadha will be grateful, righteous, heroic, will beget many sons, be modest, will have an excellent spouse and be charming.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The star Uttara Ashadha will make one modest, virtuous, have many friends, grateful and attractive.
Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra Pada Description
Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra is ruled by Sagittarius Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- The native born in the first pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra will be involved in seeking knowledge and understanding of the world, attaining wisdom, travelling to grow a sense of wisdom, and fulfilling curiosity, will be law-abiding, righteous, practising practical law, and shaping laws into practical everyday applications.
- Those born in the first pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra are learned, intelligent, respect Gods and pious people, religious, know scriptures, wealthy, enjoyers, sexy, protect domestic animals, perform most religious duties and entertain guests.
Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra is ruled by Capricorn Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- The native born in the second pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra is ambitious, focused, determined on achievement and gaining recognition, have a hard exterior, nerves of steel, tough working, work hard for personal gains, realizing own ambitions, and may go to great lengths to achieve objectives.
- Those born in the second pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra are candid, make friendships with western people, are devoted to their own jobs, are confined to their own wives, sad, start small jobs, are deceivers and grab others’ property.
Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra is ruled by Aquarius Navamsa (Governed by Saturn).
- The native born in the third pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra has the intelligence to achieve goals and ambitions, work smart and efficiently, be a leader for others, work towards goals with others, team up to get things done, using communication to rally others towards ambitions.
- Those born in the third pada of Uttara Ashadha are candid, make friendships with western people, are devoted to their own jobs, are confined to their own wives, sad, start small jobs, are deceivers and grab others’ property.
Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra is ruled by Pisces Navamsa (Governed by Jupiter).
- The native born in the fourth pada of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra is always calm, humble, nice, friendly and assertive in compassionate ways, leading the way in spirituality, pursuing dreams, being philanthropic, well-liked by many, and helping those in need.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Uttara Ashadha hold discussions on the scriptures, are always engaged in works, enthusiastic, soft, respectful to Gods and teachers, and respected by kings.
Sun’s Ingress (Jan 11th – Jan 23rd) for Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra
- The Sun is in Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra from January 11th to January 23rd.
- If you are born during this period, then your Sun is in Uttharashadha Nakshathra.
- During this period, Shakambhari Pournima occurs.
- On this Pournima, the Moon would be in Punarvasu Nakshatra.
Tree of Uttara Ashadha: Kathal
- Panasa, Kathal, Jackfruit, or Artocarpus heterophyllus is the tree for Uttharashadha.
- Jackfruit wood is used as a seat during Hindu ceremonies.
- It is also offered to Lord Vishnu.
- Jackfruit is an edible fruit sweet in taste. Even the seeds are edible.
- It has a distinct aroma.
- Raw jackfruit is used in many recipes.
Applications of Kathal
- Latex is used for the treatment of wounds. It also reduces inflammation near wounds.
- The ripened fruit is effective in increasing sperm count and improving body strength.
- A decoction of the bark is effective to treat diarrhoea and skin diseases.
Astronomical Information of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra
- Astronomers have various opinions on the Yogatara of Utthara Ashadha Nakshatra.
- Pi Sagittarii is mainly chosen due to its ecliptic latitudes and longitudes. Pi Sagittarii comes outside of Utthara Ashadha.
- It is also called Albaldah.
- Pi Sagittarii is a triple star system.
- It can be occulted by the Moon.
- It is rarely occulted by other planets.
- It is a yellow-white star categorised as an average temperature star.
Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign (Rashi) compatibility of Dhanu Rashi and Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Gemini, Virgo, Aquarius, Pisces
Rashi compatibility of Makar Rashi and Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Gemini, Cancer, Aquarius, Pisces
Rashi compatibility of Makar Rashi and Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra Groom
Aries, Gemini, Aquarius, Pisces
Compatibility Factors of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aanthya or Last.
- Gana (Nature): Manushya or human.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Mongoose.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra: Good food and desserts.
- Result of first menses on Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra: Expert in her area, well behaved, good-natured and lucky.
- Result of performing shraddha on Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra: End of sorrows.
- Beneficial activities on Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra: Wearing new clothes and jewellery, sawing seeds, beginning of construction, performing prayers, digging a well or a borewell, begin learning to dance, ploughing, sowing seeds and entering a new property.
- Beneficial savskara or ceremonies on Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra: Naming, intercourse for progeny, first solid feeding to baby, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha and wedding.
Remedies of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra
- These natives will have some type of teeth issues from time to time in their life, but as long as their teeth are in good shape, their life will be in good shape.
- When teeth or gums are not doing well, then their life becomes wobble in the area of life where this Nakshatra resides.
- Also, having a statue or painting of an elephant in their home brings victory in a daily battle.
- Just make sure one gets a statue or painting where the tusk of the elephant is raised up and has full tusks.
|Coarsely ground meal
Remedies for Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Quality of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra
- Uttara Ashada is a Sthira Nakshatra, which means anything that requires things to stand for long term and growth should be done like laying the foundation for a home, purchasing a vehicle for long term use (purchase not lease), going on a business deal, receiving a promotion and starting a job on this day.
Caste of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra
- This is a warrior caste, which means that the natives are natural fighters, either the ones who initiate or finish the fight.
- How can one finish a fight if they never start the fight? If in a society, there is a group of people or organizations being beaten down by the whole world, then such a native comes to save and protect the essence of that thing.
- On the one hand, he can save a spiritual organization from being demonized as pseudoscience or come to a dying racist or terrorist organization and re-energize it by protecting and helping it fight the other side.
- Everything is subjective in the eye of the beholder.
Sound of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra
- Bhey- pada 1, Bho- pada 2, Jaa- pada 3, Jee- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand. One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Uttara-Ashadha is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Sagittarius/Capricorn.
- If someone is a Capricorn ascendant, then the 12th house would be Sagittarius; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for spiritual progress, foreign travels, astral travel and seeking solitude.
- On the other hand, with the connection of Lagna, fame, health, vitality and overall success occurs.
Summary of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|The tusk of an elephant
|The ten Visvadevas (sons of Dharma and Goddess Vishva)
|Elephant drivers, wrestlers, elephants, horses, devotees of Gods, immovable things like trees, warriors, persons enjoying pleasures, and men of valour.
|Moon in Uttarashadha
|The native is gentle, humble, obedient, religious, has many friends, is grateful and beautiful.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
Uttara Ashada is a Sthira Nakshatra, which means anything that requires things to stand for long term and growth should be done like laying the foundation for a home, purchasing a vehicle for long term use (purchase not lease), going on a business deal, receiving a promotion and starting a job on this day.
Which Rashi is Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
Sagittarius and Capricorn
Who is the Lord of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
Elephant’s tusk, planks of bed
What is the Gana of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
What are the Initials of Uttara Ashadha Nakshatra?
Bhey, Bho, Jaa, Jee
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.