Sun, Mercury and Rahu Conjunction in Vedic Astrology is a strong indication of someone who is a computer guru, programmer, or computer engineer, especially with the aspect of Mars. Mercury is language, calculation, and organization, while Rahu represents the computer age.
Sun in Astrology: ego, self expression, soul, personality, father, vitality, and karaka of 10th house (career)
Mercury in Astrology: intelligence, communication, speech, logic, education, analytical skills, calculative skills, education, business, trading and language skills
Rahu in Astrology: illusion, taboo breaker, unconventional, deceiver, magician, foreign products and places, thief, politician, wide communication, and computer related products.
Characteristics of Sun Mercury Rahu Conjunction in Astrology
- The illumination of the Sun and the amplification of intelligence by Rahu allows a person to shine on a higher plane.
- As much as Rahu hates the Sun, and the Sun hates Rahu, Mercury gets the best of both worlds.
- These people are confident with a huge ego and actually have the intelligence, knowledge, and communicative ability to believe in themselves.
- These natives want to communicate in a big way.
- They want to be heard and they want to be respected for their intelligence.
- They achieve success in education by breaking taboos, going to foreign lands, and bringing a change to foreign lands.
- If the Sun is weakened while Rahu has eclipsed both planets, it can show someone who might be a mute or has problems with speech, creating a weak ego and low self-esteem.
- The education of this person can be halted for a long time if these three planets are placed in bad signs like Libra, Scorpio or Pisces.
- This person may speak in a vulgar manner and might curse a lot to defend their ego and self image.
- Mercury also shows working with the skill of hands, while Rahu is an illusion, and the Sun is ego and status.
- The native can be a great magician whose self confidence and status rises with each performance.
- Even special effects and movie editors are seen with this conjunction since movies, editing, and effects are illusions designed with a computer.
- However, "design" will also include Venus, or aspect from Venus, to bring about involvement of the movie industry.
What is Mercury in Astrology?
- Mercury in Astrology is known as the prince. Since he is a royal, he takes his duty as the messenger seriously. This is why Mercury is also intelligent, because in order for anyone to have good communication, one needs to be intelligent.
- Mercury is also our business and management skills due to his calculative and logical nature, and love for the marketplace.
- One thing you must remember about Mercury is that because it is a neutral natural, it can become benefic and malefic at the same time.
- If Mercury is in conjunction with a natural benefic, then it acts like a benefic planet. If Mercury is with a natural malefic planet, then it acts like a malefic.
- If Mercury is with both natural malefic and benefic as in Venus, Mercury, and Saturn, then look at the difference in degrees in all three of them.
- The closest degree to Mercury will influence Mercury more, however if Venus and Saturn are both within 5 degrees of Mercury, then it gives mixed results.
What is Sun in Astrology?
- Sun in Astrology represents the Soul, so it tells us how conscious we are of our soul’s unbounded, enlightened nature.
- A Sun that is very well placed in the chart can indicate a particular clarity about spiritual matters, and an unperturbed sense of who we are deep inside.
- Having this “solar light” shining brightly brings self-confidence, personal power, leadership and health.
- When the Sun is in a challenging position in Vedic Astrology, this light will not shine as much, and it is hard for the individual to trust that the core of their being is the individualized reflection of the divine light.
- Not experiencing the connection with one’s own inner source of power will then lead to weak self-confidence, challenging relationships with authorities, and difficulty in balancing one’s ego with that of others.
What is Rahu in Astrology?
- Rahu represents the goals that have been set by the universe for us to achieve whether we like or not.
- Rahu is mainly known as the eclipse, and it eclipses the Moon and the Sun whenever it's in conjunction with them.
- This means temporary darkness upon the native's life when the Sun and Rahu are in conjunction in a birth horoscope.
- Rahu also brings fear and stressful situations into our lives.
- This is due to Rahu's adventurous nature that loves surprises.
- With Rahu, sudden events take place; events that may not be a real part of our lives but rather an illusion that becomes reality.
- Rahu is taboo breaking and crosses all kinds of boundaries.
- It wants to be unique and break tradition; to think outside the box.
- He is also responsible for spiritual breakthroughs, because only after achieving material wealth does one seek God.
- Rahu in Vedic Astrology is the Shadow planet with the form of a headless/serpent headed person. Hence, Rahu rules temptations and worldly things and will never be satisfied with small benefits but will opt for the lion's share.
- Rahu is a warrior. Hence, the natives influenced by Rahu will have the quarrelling type of mentality.
- The mode of transport for Rahu in mythology is Lion, and the lion is an animal that does not hunt when not hungry.
- Likewise, the natives ruled by Rahu will relax and strike/hunt only when there is a necessity.
- Rahu is also called dragon's head by Western Astrologers.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Planets are simply energies, and when two different types of energy come together, they create a new type of energy or a mutant energy. The new type of energy brings a situation in your life that fulfills the destiny of that conjunction.
Note for 3 Planetary Conjunctions:
There is no one set of meanings for three or more planetary conjunctions, because each planet is being influenced by the other planet, and the planet with the lowest degree is having a major impact on the conjunction.
If Venus, Jupiter, and Saturn are in conjunction, then there is no one liner that you can say to give its definition. You have to see what each planet is doing for the native.
You also have to know the houses they rule. Is one ruling a bad house, or are both ruling bad houses? What effects are they bringing in the conjunction by being lords of good or bad houses?
Further Reading :