Sun and Moon Conjunction in Astrology
When the Sun and Moon are in conjunction, think of it as fire and water coming into conjunction. First, whenever someone has the Sun and Moon in conjunction in their birth chart, it shows that this person was born under “no moon,” meaning that the Moon wasn’t visible in the sky as the Earth was between the Moon and Sun.
Moon in Astrology represents your mother, or motherly figures, your emotional response to your environment, and your imagination, since the Moon is your mind. The Moon shows the way you think and react to situations. How emotional or unemotional you are depends upon the condition of the Moon. The Moon is also a watery planet, as it controls the sign of Cancer.
Sun in Astrology represents the soul. This can be read in the most flexible and general sense of the word. The word soul is used for the deepest and truest nature, for the ultimate sense of identity, inspiration, and aspiration. Surya signifies one’s essential attributes – the sense of self, ego, self-esteem, sense of purpose, and so on.
Characteristics Sun and Moon Conjunction:
- This conjunction shows a lot of steam, because that is what fire and water create. In other words, they are very determined people.
- They stick to their decision, and they know what they want. If the soul (Sun) and mind (Moon) come together in one house, this person is quite determined about their status in life.
- They do not struggle with their personality since the Sun sign and Moon sign are the same. In Aries, Scorpio, and Libra ascendants, this conjunction can form a raj yoga if it happens in the kendera house or trikon houses.
- This is one of the most powerful yogas for political success. If this conjunction occurs where the Moon is far weaker than the Sun, the relationship with parents, especially the mother, can suffer.
What is the Moon in Astrology?
- The Moon in Astrology represents our mind and mother. The condition of the Moon in the chart will show how enlightened we are in experiencing the Divine Mother within us, how clearly we can feel that our ability to nurture and empathize with others is unbounded and unlimited, and how brightly our mind can shine in sensitivity and comprehension.
- A person with a very well-placed Moon will feel the world is bright under any circumstance, will be able to experience the world as a place that is nourishing and supporting, and therefore be the same to the world him/herself.
- When the Moon in the Astrology Chart is challenged, the mind will have shadows and dark corners, and fear that there is a shortage of support to carry us through; it blocks our eyes from seeing the Divine Mother shine for us and through us.
- Moon in Vedic Astrology represents the mind. It signifies the thoughts and emotions, and the complex psychological faculty that takes input from the senses and tells the body how to respond.
- The Moon is the single most important planet in Astrology (Jyotish) because the state of mind is responsible for all the emotional responses to life, and therefore defines the subjective perception of life.
- Conditions affecting the Moon (Chandra) in the chart influence the thinking and feeling processes, mental skills and attitudes, and also responses to the world at large.
What is the Sun in Astrology?
- Sun in Astrology represents the Soul, so it tells us how conscious we are of our soul’s unbounded, enlightened nature.
- A Sun that is very well placed in the chart can indicate a particular clarity about spiritual matters, and an unperturbed sense of who we are deep inside.
- Having this “solar light” shining brightly brings self-confidence, personal power, leadership and health.
- When the Sun is in a challenging position in Vedic Astrology, this light will not shine as much, and it is hard for the individual to trust that the core of their being is the individualized reflection of the divine light.
- Not experiencing the connection with one’s own inner source of power will then lead to weak self-confidence, challenging relationships with authorities, and difficulty in balancing one’s ego with that of others.
What are Conjunctions in Astrology?
Conjunction simply means union of planets. In any birth chart, when two or more planets are sitting in the same house, they are considered in conjunction. There are all types of conjunctions: loose conjunctions, exact conjunctions, close conjunctions and virtual conjunctions.
What does a conjunction really do in an astrological birth chart? They give meaning to your life and set a purpose. They either take away things or give you things. There are positive and negative effects of conjunction. Positive effects are known as yogas and negative effects are known as doshas.
Planets are simply energies, and when two different types of energy come together, they create a new type of energy or a mutant energy. The new type of energy brings a situation in your life that fulfills the destiny of that conjunction.
Further Reading :
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.