Natives born in Pushya Nakshatra in Astrology are of independent nature, moral, ethical, selfless, caring and have common courtesy, carry etiquette, possess calmness, patient demeanour and very respectful, social, enjoy engagements with others, make others feel comfortable, heard and liked by others.
Pushya Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Urdhvamukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras which have their mouths upwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to palaces, coronations, boundary walls, construction of tall structures can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Pushya Nakshatra in Astrology
Symbol: An Arrow
The symbol for Pushya is an arrow. If we correlate this to an embryo it looks very similar.
Deity: The Brihaspathi
Brihaspati is the counsel of the Gods. He is the God of eloquence. He is described as a sage born from the first great light and the one who drove away from the darkness. He carries a special bow whose string is Rhutha. Rhutha means truth, and Sathya means universal principle. Universal principles are also universal truths, but Rhutha refers to truthfulness. Brihaspati is also identified by Agni or fire. His wife is Thara.
Deity of Pushya Nakshatra – Brihaspati
|Range||93⁰ 20” – 106⁰ 40”|
|Yogathara||Asellus Australis or Delta Cancri|
|Position||Middle of Pushya|
|Latitude||0⁰ 4” 37’’|
|Longitude||104⁰ 51” 54’|
|Right ascension||8h 44m 24s|
|Declination||18⁰ 10” 23|
Pushya Nakshatra in Astrology
Characteristics of Pushya Nakshatra in Astrology
- The animal of Pushya Nakshatra is a Goat.
- Everyone mistakes the animal as a cow, but it’s the cow udder that is the symbolism of Pushya, not the animal.
- Studying a goat will show a lot about a Pushya native. Goats have amazing eyes; they see everything around them, almost to 280º.
- They see a wider perspective of the world compared to what we see, which is only around 90º, that too only 30º in focus.
- Pushya natives see life in a very broad way, and they don’t feel they need to attach or focus on one specific thing; they want to know the world.
- Goats have the ability to swallow food and later bring it back to chew it, and this shows Pushya natives swallow their food more than chewing because their digestive system is much stronger and cable of breaking down food without too much chewing.
- Another way to look at this is that Pushya natives will always bring things from their past to show what they had to endure during that time.
- If a friend hurts and makes up with them later, the native will remind how they hurt them, and it’s like bringing past food out onto their tongue.
- There are some videos online of Goats fainting, which is simply a genetic disorder that doesn’t help them control their muscles.
- Pushya natives are known to have vibrating muscles, twinkling in their fingers and sometimes they cannot control the movement of their hands as if they are getting cerebral palsy. This usually occurs with getting into a panic situation.
- Goats are extremely protective of themselves and their young ones, which make sense with Pushya as it’s a Nakshatra of nourishing and lies in the sign of Cancer.
- Pushya lies in the heart of Cancer, which means Saturn lies in the heart of all water signs.
- It shows a lot about Saturn’s character, which is of a nourisher, emotional warrior or the one who shows us true nourishment, wealth and comfort.
- It gives us the comfort of home, death, and a higher realm.
- The story of Pushya is quite interesting.
- Brihaspati (Jupiter), the deity of Pushya Nakshatra, is the Guru to Gods and was always busy doing yagnas, rituals and teaching Vedas.
Brihaspati (Jupiter) – Pushya Nakshatra in Astrology
- He also taught law, politics, and economics.
- Brihaspati was the most brilliant student except for Shukracharya (planet Venus).
- As they grew up, Brihaspati became too engrossed in his teachings and works at the palace while Venus became the teacher of the asuras (demons), the new age workers.
- Brihaspati ignored his family and wife, Tara. As a result, she eloped with Chandra (Moon) and became pregnant, having Budha (Mercury) as their son.
- Jupiter waged war on Chandra and began to attack him with the army of devas, while Venus sided with Chandra because Jupiter ignored the most important dharma and karma towards his wife.
- Venus helped Chandra in the war, and after the bloody battle, Jupiter realized his mistake, accepted Mercury as his step son, and took back Tara.
Pushya Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Attributes of Pushya Nakshatra in Astrology
- Spread from 3’20” to 16’40” Cancer (Karka). Pushya etymologically means to nourish, which again means preserving, protecting, replenishing, multiplying, and strengthening. Everything of the very best comes within the scope of this star.
- Enjoyment of wealth and prosperity follows from it. Guru is described as the great teacher of all creation, from amoebae to the Gods, and is the source of all knowledge and wisdom.
- The mystery of creation is no mystery to him. He is the eloquent preceptor, the wise minister, and the head of all religious ceremonies.
- He takes pleasure in all worshipful rituals. And that is why the Pusya is composed of these virtues.
- It has been described as blossoming and flourishing. It is the mouth of Orien.
Description of Pushya Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native of Pushya Nakshatra will be very angrily disposed of, intelligent, bold, talkative, learned in many branches, be helpful to his relatives, wealthy, and independent.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If at a native’s birth, the Moon is in Pushya, he will love Gods and Brahmins, possess wealth and intelligence, enjoys royal favor, and have a large circle of relations.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Pushya will be fortunate, famous, adventurous, patient in disposition, be happy with the least, and will walk fast.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native born under the star Pusya will possess a tranquil mind, amiable features, affluence, and attachment to meritorious deeds.
Pushya Nakshatra Pada Description
Pushya Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Pushya Nakshatra is ruled by Leo (Governed by Sun).
- Those born in the first pada of Pushya Nakshatra are cruel, daring, famous, devoted to work, and endowed with children. They go to other countries and become wealthy. Their relatives respect them.
- Those born in the first pada of Pushya Nakshatra are dynamic, dramatic, attention seekers, look for authority, and want to be known for what there is to offer.
- Those born in the first pada of Pushya Nakshatra are responsible, dependable, professional, motherly or fatherly.
- Those born in the first pada of Pushya Nakshatra are caregivers, lavish, and become strong parents, leaders, bosses, and authoritative figures.
Pushya Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Pushya Nakshatra is ruled by Virgo (Governed by Mercury).
- Those born in the second pada of Pushya Nakshatra are sad and interested in grabbing others’ property, are knowledgeable, astrologers, and warriors.
- Those born in the second pada of Pushya Nakshatra are intelligent, emotional yet remain practical, hardworking, purposeful, punctual, dependent, and may become a caretaker, dietitian, nurse, healthcare worker, and doctor.
- Those born in the second pada of Pushya of Pushya Nakshatra are emotionally attached to helping others, compulsive about taking care of others and perform the duty to help others.
- Those born in the second pada of Pushya Nakshatra are perfectionists, committed to doing the best job, detailed caretaking, timely help, feel personally unappreciated, and may be prone to emotional worry, wasting time over anxieties, and losing out due to worry.
Pushya Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Pushya Nakshatra is ruled by Libra (Governed by Venus).
- Those born in the third pada of Pushya Nakshatra are pleasant-faced, sweet-spoken, enjoyers of life, wealthy, interested in scents and flowers, and confined to their own wife.
- Those born in the third pada of Pushya Nakshatra are creative, emotional, need to express themselves, have experiences attached to creations, are natural actors, and are talented at expressing feelings.
- Those born in the third pada of Pushya Nakshatra are business-minded, have a balanced approach in life, are diplomatic, and are partner-oriented.
- Those born in the third pada of Pushya Nakshatra believe in group efforts and humanitarian efforts, like working, cooking, aesthetically pleasing food, cooking to satisfy feelings, making others feel comfortable, and enjoying family meals.
Pushya Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Pushya Nakshatra is ruled by Scorpio (Governed by Mars).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Pushya Nakshatra grab others’ wealth. They are fighters, distorted-faced, instructors in the science of documentation. They are candid in their speech and bereft of money. They are stubborn and hated by all people.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Pushya Nakshatra are passionate, emotional, emotionally instinctual, reactive, easily angered, go to extremes to help, passionately and emotionally involved in helping, and psychological experts.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Pushya Nakshatra are working hard to understand others, picking up patterns of others, detectives, therapists, psychologists, researchers, investigators, use emotions as weapons, are emotional manipulators, killing over emotions, protecting and defending emotional attachment.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Pushya Nakshatra have a connection to the underworld, want to talk to the dead using tarot, and occult and using underworld for revenge or protection.
Sun’s Ingress (Jul 19th – Aug 1st) for Pushya Nakshatra
- Sun enters Pushya Nakshatra on Jul 19th and remains here till Aug 1st.
- If one is born during this period, then his Sun is in Pushya Nakshathra.
- A tree for Pushya is Ashwattha, so Ashwattha is worshipped during this period. Ashwattha and Tulsi are worshipped during the entire Chathurmasa.
Tree of Pushya : Ashwattha
- The tree for Pushya Nakshatra is Ashwattha, Peepal, or Piper Longum.
- The Peepal tree is also called the Bodhi tree. It is considered the most sacred tree.
- It is considered heaven. It is believed that Vishnu and Lakshmi reside on this tree on Saturdays.
- Ashworth and Peepal were 2 demons. They were killing innocent people. Shanidhev or Saturn killed both. Therefore, Ashwattha is worshipped on Saturdays. Interestingly Pushya is owned by Saturn.
- Ashwattha is known for its healing, absorbing, memory-enhancing, and complexion-enhancing properties.
- The tree is also useful in the treatment of chronic ulcers, stomatitis, menstrual irregularities, diarrhoea, diabetes, epilepsy, infertility, and infections.
Applications of Ashwattha
- Milky latex obtained from the bark, root, or fruit of the plant helps in conceiving.
- The decoction of the bark of the tree is used to treat diseases of the vaginal tract and diabetes.
- The decoction of the bark helps in strengthening the uterine muscles and retains the foetus till full term.
- Gargling lukewarm decoction of the bark is helpful to treat mouth ulcers and gingivitis.
- Dried powder of the fruit or the paste of the bark along with honey is effective in severe cough.
Astronomical Information of Pushya Nakshatra
- Almost all astronomers agree that Yogathara of Pushya Nakshatra is Asellus Australis or Delta Cancri.
- Delta Cancri is a double star. It is a yellow-orange star and is a very cool star.
- It marks the location of the famous beehive cluster. It also marks the radiant of the Delta Cancrid’s meteor shower.
Pushya Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign (Rashi) Compatibility of Pushya Nakshatra Bride
Aries, Taurus, Scorpio
Sign (Rashi) Compatibility of Pushya Nakshatra Groom
Aries, Taurus, Scorpio, Pisces
Compatibility Factors of Pushya Nakshatra
- Nadi: Madhya or middle.
- Gana (nature): Dev or God.
- Yoni (animal symbol): Mesha or ram.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Pushya Nakshatra: Monitory gains.
- Result of first menses on Pushya Nakshatra: Liked by husband, gives birth to a son, enjoys pleasures, an expert in her field, responsive.
- Result of performing shraddha on Pushya Nakshatra: Good health
- Beneficial activities on Pushya Nakshatra: Selling, learning, wearing new clothes and jewellery, stage performance, art and craft, washing precious clothes for the first time, plantation, marketing, digging a well or a borewell, begin learning dance, starting a new job, monetary investment, ploughing, sowing seeds, and entering a new property.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Pushya Nakshatra: Piercing, naming, first solid feeding to baby, haircut, shave, first shave of a baby, start learning a new subject, introducing letters to a baby, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha.
Remedies of Pushya Nakshatra
- One of the best remedies for Pushya is to donate money towards feeding and savings cows. This one simple act will turn their life around.
- Having a lotus flower or statue of lotus flower in their home towards North enhances their life.
- The other most beneficial remedy is to wear a 22K gold chain.
- It needs to be at least 22K or more as most of the western countries only sell 18K at most unless you go to an Asian or an Indian jewellry store.
|Feed||Thickened milk with rice or rice kheer|
|Vedic Sooktham||Brahmanaspathi Sooktham|
Remedies for Pushya Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Caste of Pushya Nakshatra
- It is interesting to know why Pushya, whose deity is Guru/Brihaspati, is a merchant caste. Just like Jupiter, the guru, is the karaka of many houses, the caste itself represents different aspects of a certain planet.
- Jupiter is not only a guru in gurukul who teaches about God-realization, Yoga, Upanishads, but also someone who knows how an economical system should work, strategize during a war, deal with ecology, and the environment.
- This merchant caste here shows a guru, who knows how to deal and work in an economy.
Quality of Pushya Nakshatra
- Pushya is a Kshipra (fast) Nakshatra, which means any activity that requires fast reaction, fast healing and fast results should be done when Moon is transiting this Nakshatra.
- Activities like giving medicine, starting a competitive race, business or bet, or requiring quick results from email or text, should be performed on this Nakshatra.
- Pushya is the most prosperous Nakshatra of all, and anything done on this day would give benefits.
- The only thing one should not do is to get married on this day, which will cause major issues in the marriage due to the spouse’s focus more on career and teaching than the family life.
Sound of Pushya Nakshatra
- Hu- pada 1, Hey- pada 2, Ho- pada 3, Daa- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand. One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Pushya is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Cancer in the chart.
- If someone is with a Pisces ascendant, then the 5th house would be Cancer; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for happiness, children and luxuries.
Summary of Pushya Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Deity||Jiva (another name for Jupiter)|
|Rulership||Barley, wheat, rice, sugarcane, forests, ministers, kings, fisherman and the like, virtuous men, and those that are engaged in big and small sacrifices.|
|Work profile||Administrator, armed forces|
|Moon in Pushya||The native is a lover of show, fine clothes and ornaments. He has an attractive personality, is handsome and lovely, clever, skilful and intelligent.|
|Purushartha||Dharma or religion|
Summary of Pushya Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Pushya Nakshatra?
Pushya is a Kshipra (fast) Nakshatra, which means any activity that requires
fast reaction, fast healing and fast results should be done when Moon is
transiting this Nakshatra.
Which Rashi is Pushya Nakshatra?
Who is the Lord of Pushya Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Pushya Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Pushya Nakshatra?
What is the Gana of Pushya Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Pushya Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Pushya Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Pushya Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Pushya Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Pushya Nakshatra?
What are the Initials of Pushya Nakshatra?
Hu, Hey Ho, Daa
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.
Get your Vedic horoscope along with predictions and calculations.
Vedic astrology is an ancient science that has its roots in India. It is based on the principle that there is a relationship between the positions of the planets and events that occur on Earth. This system of astrology can be used to make predictions about a person’s future, based on their birth chart. If you are interested in exploring the richness and wisdom of this ancient science, be sure to get your Vedic horoscope by emailing your details to email@example.com.
You need to share your date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, and full name. We will prepare your Vedic astrology horoscope and share it with you. If you feel like paying then you can make the payment. Please note that payments are voluntary as we shall use your payment funds for feeding stray animals. Our animal welfare team shall share the photos and videos of the stray animals who were able to get their meal because of you. Read more about Vidhya Mitra Divine Astrology.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.