Natives born in Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra in Astrology are intelligent, scholarly, logical, of sharp mind, clever and opinionated, true individualists, strong in morals, devoted and following their righteous path.
They are original, be true to themselves, not follow societal norms, live life at their own speed, travel the path less taken, optimistic, sociable, pleasant, well mannered, sincere, genuine, possess a talent of speaking, writing, and can become master researchers, writers, authors, and publishers.
They are independent, aiming for self-sufficiency, determined, disciplined, hard-working, full of reason and practicality, can generate good income, work pertaining to engineering, sciences, technologies.
Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Adhomukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras, which have their mouths downwards). In these Nakshatras, things related to tanks, wells, temples, mining, digging, etc., can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra in Astrology
Symbol: Two Legs of a Bed
The symbol of Purva Bhadrapada is the 2 legs of a bed. It suggests a time to get admitted for a natural birth.
Deity: The Ajaikapadha
The deity for Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra is Ajaikapadha. Ajaikapadha can be split as Aja and Ekapadha. Aja means goat, and Ekapadha means one leg. Therefore, Ajaikapadha means goat with just one leg. Ajaikapadha is considered heaven’s bearer. Ajaikapadha is a form of Rudhra.
|Range||320 – 333⁰ 20”|
|Rashi||Aquarius (Kumbha) and Pisces (Meena)|
|Yogathara||Markeb or Alpha Pegasi|
|Position||North of Purvabhadhrapadha|
|Latitude||+19⁰ 24” 22’|
|Longitude||329⁰ 37” 43|
|Right ascension||23h 4m 30.7s’|
|Declination||18⁰ 10” 23|
Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra in Astrology
Characteristics of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra in Astrology
- The yoni animal of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra is a male lion.
- They sleep and sit around most of the day because they know they don’t have to move for anyone.
- Purva Bhadrapda natives would have this in their consciousness, they have to work, they need to work, but if they didn’t have to, they won’t, but also what happens here is that the work they do is always unfulfilling and makes them unhappy.
- They feel directionless in life because the lion yoni wants to feel relaxed and without responsibility.
- Purva Bhadrapada natives feel like a vagabond until they do something creative, political, medical or activism activities.
- They need a purpose in life, and most of the time, the purpose would be related to children as the Leo sign falls directly opposite to the Aquarius sign.
- This Nakshatra’s main domination is in the Aquarius sign, while on the Pisces side, they are more introverted, fluent and at peace at the pace of their life.
- The lion is also known for his roar and when these people get frustrated, pushed to the wall or angry, they will roar and scream to make their point, which can be very eccentric to others.
- Like the lion who lunges on its prey, the natives will lunge on the one who becomes the prey in front of them by being a predator.
- Lion’s job is to protect the cubs, which shows these people will be extremely protective of children and family at all costs.
- People with other Nakshatras may not have such brutal protective instincts and are okay with life and what their young cubs are doing.
- Purva Bhadrapada natives may go out there stalking their child’s move and making sure they are safe and sound.
Purva Bhadrapada in Astrology
- These natives will also have a lot of hair on their body and will think more of their head hair, especially when this Nakshatra have effects on the 2nd house or 2nd Lord of the chart.
- The lion being the animal of this Nakshatra shows the connection with Goddess Durga, who has a lion as her mount.
- She killed the buffalo headed demon, Mahishasur.Summary of Purva Bhadrapada in Vedic Astrology
- Lion is often used as a sign for Sun, as well as for a strong devotee.
- God Narasimha, half man-half lion avatar of Lord Vishnu, had the purpose to save his child devotee Prahlad from his father Hiranyakashipu, who was killed under a unique set of conditions, such as at twilight (neither day nor night), on the doorsteps of his palace (neither inside nor outside), uses his nails to kill him (neither animate nor inanimate), puts him on his lap before killing (neither earth nor in space), which nullified the boon he had obtained from Lord Brahma.
- Prahlada was the grandfather of King Mahabali.
- Lions are not aware that humans consider them as the King of the jungle, they simply know that they are able to kill most of the animals, but a lion is there to watch for the pride, sleep and eat.
- Purva Bhadrapada natives do excellently when in a position to protect children, working with children or large groups of people who protect certain aspects of life.
- Another symbolism of this Nakshatra is that it has several symbols ranging from twins, funeral cot legs and two swords.
- The symbolism of twin or two faces shows the polarity in these natives.
- Natives with Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra may either be twins, or their family member would be a twin, but the strongest attribute is their ability to flipflop their views, answers, personality and mind.
- They can actually come off as Vishakha Nakshatra natives with double personalities. Vishakha Nakshatra falls in the 9th house from this Nakshatra, which means one naturally will get personality traits from the father.
- This can also be interpreted as being in two worlds.
- Such natives are not only grounded in the affairs of this world but also have an affinity with the world, aliens, UFOs, paranormal, and death.
- When it comes to the funeral cot, it shows their interest in death, health and life that is beyond the freshness of the living body.
- They have a keen interest in pathology and how the body functions, but it also shows wanting to serve those who lay on the funeral cot.
- It can be seen that such people are attracted to items that are old and dead in the culture. They love older antique items, which no one wants because they feel dead to an average person.
- They are the people who will be purchasing an old VCR, boob box or old-style radio.
- Aja Ekapada, or “the unborn, one-footed one”, is the deity of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra.
Lord Ajaekpada in Astrology
- He is one of the Rudras and is the fire dragon. Aja Ekapada is often considered in his goat form and is considered to be the mount of Lord Agni, the God of Fire.
- Aja Ekapada is connected with storms through Rudra and may also be connected with the Maruts, the wind Gods.
- The archetypical unicorn may also be connected to the Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra.
- Seeing how Aja is one-footed, it can be seen that such natives will always have a leg injury where they will have to be on one foot for a while or on a wheelchair.
- As a Rudra, these people are always attracted to natural medicine, herbs and acupressure.
- Lions are animals that can take a lot of pain and survive. These people also love feeling pain in their body like a deep massage, acupuncture needles, etc. and just like Rudra, these natives are not lightweights; they will storm upon you when challenged.
- They are extremely animated, wild and will like everything that 90% of the people will not.
- If many people like classical music, pop, rock, Purva Bhadrapada natives will love punk rock and heavy metal.
- If everyone enjoys mainstream hip-hop, they will listen to underground hip-hop.
- If most like mainstream movies, they will like classic movies.
- The one-legged theory is extremely true.
- These natives will fold one leg to the other while washing dishes or doing some kitchen work.
The Lord Ajaekpada in Astrology
- A unicorn is a horse with wings and a horn on the nose.
- The natives of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra will always love having a statue of wing angles and horses in their homes. As children, they would love unicorns or creatures which are a mutation of the original animal.
- Aja Ekapada is the fire that is connected with funeral rites and can be considered to be the spiritual fire, which purifies one’s soul.
- He is also connected with lightning, storms, black magic, and extreme occult groups such as Aghoris & other extreme practitioners of yoga or tapasya.
- The fortnight that follows after the full moon in Bhadrapada Nakshatra (full moon in September or the Bhadrapada Hindu month) is connected with offerings to Pitris and is called tarpanam fortnight.
- Aja Ekapad is equipped with a trident and is shown with a stag. Rudra pierced the head of Brahma, who was stalking Saraswati in the form of a stag.
- Aja Ekapad is one-footed and connected with meditation austerities. He is connected with rishis and munis practising meditation standing on one leg.
- The severe form of meditation or the left-handed tantra practice can be connected with this Nakshatra.
- Purva Bhadrapada natives are the type of people who want to stop stalkers in their footpaths.
- They can’t stand when an innocent being is terrorized, just like Brahma stalking Saraswati.
- Most of the time, such people love doing investigations or love watching shows related to murder investigations and serial stalkers.
- If other planets in the chart make a person’s action negative, then such people do such things instead of fighting against it.
- Due to the connection with Rudra, they love the medical field, especially since it deals with life and death (funeral cot) and severe rituals.
- The magic side of this Nakshatra gives natural interest in kundalini, magic, aliens, UFOs and other mythical activities.
- Purva and Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra have a love for dragons.
- The natives love stories of dragons as a child or even have one of those Feng-Shu statues in their home due to fire rituals and relation to fire with this Nakshatra, but it is truly the Uttara Bhadrapada Nakshatra that has this symbolism.
- Lord Nataraja, the form of Shiva standing on one foot over the demon, can be a close resemblance to Aja Ekapada, though not the same.
- In fact, every year in the Tamil month Maasi (Feb-March) from the day of Mahashivratri for the next few days, the Indian classical dance festival, Natyanjali, is held in Chidambaram.
- It is at this time of the year the Sun is transiting or is in close proximity to the Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra.
- Mushrooms are strongly connected with this Nakshatra as it is a vegetable/fungus standing on one foot.
- In ancient times soma was actually considered as mushrooms.
- They used to make a paste of mushrooms, ghee, and other herbs to create the som juice.
Attributes of Purva Bhadrapada in Astrology
- Spread from 20’00” in Aquarius (Kumbha) up to 3’20” in Pisces (Meen).
- The Lords are Saturn (Shani) and Jupiter (Guru). It causes burns, pains, and the native burns things to ashes, uses words that burn, uses harsh words, is of evil disposition, has cruelty, greediness, restlessness, feeling of despair and unsatisfied ambition, and sudden excess of anger.
- Anthropomorphically, this is the side of the body of Kalapurush.
Description of Purva Bhadrapada in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native born in Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra will be adulterous, will have no permanent residence, be difficult to be won over, will enjoy, get money from the sovereign, is base, dutiful and long-lived.
- According to Jataka Parijata: If a native is born in Purva Bhadrapada, he will be bold in his speech, mischievous, cowardly, and weak.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Purva Bhadrapada will be sorrowful (particularly for an absent lover). He will lose to women, be crafty, be quite immersed in blaming others, hypocritical, impatient, and heroic.
- According to Brihat Samhita: Under the star Purva Bhadrapada, one will be unhappy, henpecked, wealthy and clever, but a miser.
Purva Bhadrapada Pada Description
Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra is ruled by Aries Navamsa (Governed by Mars).
- Those born in the first pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are worshipers of Gods, enjoy life, cruel and stubborn. They are candid, stingy, respected, quarrelsome, grab others’ property, and court courtesans.
- Those born in the first pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are aggressive, determined, action-oriented, a born doer, looking to charge, be impulsive and get things done through mental gymnastics, wanting to take action with their knowledge, and motivated to get out in the world.
- Those born in the first pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are anxious to get to work, using information and the mind to inspire others, motivational speaker, teacher, writer, and working to inspire others.
- Those born in the first pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra ensure practical applications of their teachings to others.
Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra is ruled by Taurus Navamsa (Governed by Venus).
- Those born in the second pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are enjoyers of life, well versed with spells, exorcists and carry on various transactions. They are interested in scents and flowers, chief amongst their friends, poets, givers, and wise travellers.
- Those born in the second pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra gain financial knowledge, become financial experts, money managers, business acumen, the business helps promote independence and self-sufficiency. They collect information on how to make money work best for them, use knowledge to collect assets and material desires.
- Those born in the second pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra use the money to help disadvantaged people, setting up or envisioning social welfare programs to help people on their feet, teaching or publishing about financial responsibility.
- Those born in the second pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are indulgent in nature, lovers of music and art, creative with music and art, feeling balanced and joyous, pleasure through art, attaining knowledge of music or the arts, interested in the history of art/music, collecting pieces of fine art or music memorabilia.
Purva Bhadrapada Nakshtra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra is ruled by Gemini Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- Those born in the third pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are wise, always enjoy life, are loved by their parents, learn, transact many things, and are wealthy and respected by relatives. They are peaceful and undertake all jobs.
- Those born in the third pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are intellectually curious, scientific-minded, interested in how things work, master researcher, always learning, lifelong student, well educated.
- Those born in the third pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are true communicators, sharing ideas, publishing ideas or opinions, a philosopher by nature, teaching philosophies, and broadening others’ visions.
- Those born in the third pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra communicate spiritual ideas, teach spirituality to others, be a guru, get others to understand greater ideas, communicate ideas of humanitarian interest, and talk about of advancing society, helping bring humanity to greater heights through ideas.
Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra is ruled by Cancer Navamsa (Governed by Moon).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are wealthy, loved by their wives, respected by the world, worship their mothers, and support many people. They like music, wear ornaments, help at the sight of difficulty, and are respected by the king.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra are emotionally connected to spiritually, sensitive and intuitive, have an interest in mysticism and occult, need to learn on a relational level, needing to feel emotionally fulfilled to absorb information.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra learn about spiritual ideas, concepts, how to use imagination, connect deeply with those who learn from them, nurture people they teach and write about emotional topics.
- Those born in the fourth pada of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra talk about love, compassion, romance, life, death, fantasy could be destructive due to the intense inner emotions, may feel isolated and turn to self affirmative pains, breaking the law, and hurt others.
Sun’s Ingress (March 4th – March 17th) of Purva Bhadrapada
- Sun enters Purva Bhadrapada around 4th March and stays there till 17th March.
- If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Purvabhadhrapadha Nakshathra.
- This period comes under Aquarius (Kumbha) Rashi. The sign for Kumbha is a man holding a water pot. During this period, Holi festival is celebrated. On the next day of Holi, Dhoolivandhan is celebrated. On this occasion, Holi’s ashes are mixed with water, and everyone plays in this mud.
- The sign of Kumbha has similarities with the festival of Dhoolivandhan.
Tree of Purva Bhadrapada: Mango
- The tree for Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra is Aamra, mango or Mangifera Indica.
- The fruit of the mango tree is an indication of purity, love, and fertility.
- Mango tree leaves are hung on the door for every auspicious occasion.
- It is considered the tree of Prajapathi.
- The wood of this tree is offered to religious fire or Havan.
- The raw mango is used for pickles and other delicacies. Raw mango powder or Aamchur is used in various preparations.
Applications of Mango
- Mango improves skin complexion and skin tone.
- Sweet mango improves immunity and strength. It has a nourishing and calming effect on the body.
- Mango oil is effective in oral health.
- It helps in increasing haemoglobin levels.
- Mango leaves are used to whiten the teeth or as a toothbrush.
Astronomical Information of Purva Bhadrapada
- Most of the astronomers agree that the Yogatara of Purvabhadhrapadha is Markeb or Alpha Pegasus.
- This is a perfectly normal star.
- It is a blue-white star and is considered one of the very hot stars.
Purva Bhadrapada Compatibility in Astrology
Rashi compatibility of Kumbha Rashi and Purvabhadrapadha Nakshatra Bride
Taurus, Virgo, Libra, Capricorn, Pisces
Rashi compatibility of Meena Rashi and Purvabhadrapadha Nakshatra Bride or Groom
Taurus, Leo, Capricorn
Rashi compatibility of Kumbha Rashi and Purvabhadrapadha Nakshatra Groom
Taurus, Libra, Capricorn
Compatibility Factors of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aadhya or first.
- Gana (nature): Manushya or human.
- Yoni (animal symbol): Sivha or lion.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra: Fear of water, wear and tear while washing new clothes.
- Result of first menses on Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra: Competitive with a sibling, likes to control, good at craft and aggressive.
- Result of performing shraddha on Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra: Gains knowledge.
- Beneficial activities on Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra: Diplomacy, attack on the enemy, manufacturing weapons and marketing.
- Beneficial samskara or ceremonies on Purva Bhadrapada: Start learning a new subject, threading ceremony, Anugraha or Deeksha
Remedies of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra
- Praying Shiva, Durga becomes extremely potent for a Purva Bhadrapada native.
- Make sure one sits on a strong chair because these people will run into issues with wobbly chairs or chairs with broken or cracked legs; when that happens, one should immediately change their chair.
- Having a male brass lion in the South direction becomes very potent to balance that wild energy within the individual.
- Sitting in front of the burning fire like logs would be another remedy to cool down the frustration inside. Yogi’s, especially Naths, always light a fire wherever they go.
- Ardra, Ashlesha, Mula, Purva Bhadrapada and Uttara Bhadrapada are strongly connected with Nath Yogis.
- Staring at the fire for at least 15-20 minutes, if not longer, will eventually turn into a deep meditative state.
|Feed||Any flesh or meat|
|Vratham||Rudhra pooja, Mahashivarathri Pooja|
|Vedic Sooktham||Rudhra Sooktham, Rudhradhyaya Namakam|
Remedies for Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Quality of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra
- Purva Bhadrapada is known to be a Ugra Nakshatra which are best for funeral rights, going to war, causing destruction, learning about death, search for paranormal and ghostly things, anything to scare someone, tantric fire rituals and funeral home or where dead rest.
Caste of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra
- The caste of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra is Brahmin.
- This is the outcast Brahmin because they are the ferocious ones.
- They have no emotions to spare for God-realization; either you come and be disciplined, get the knowledge the way they give or get out.
- They are the Durgadari, the one with the energy of Durga.
- The meaning of Durga is “unreachable”, something which is not from this world, dimension or Universe.
- This is why realized masters have said Durga will only listen to her devotee one day a year, and then she goes back to her world.
Sound of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra
- Say- pada 1, So- pada 2, Daa- pada, Dee- pada 4, sound has an extremely important role to play with Nakshatra.
- Everything we do, say, buy, wear, drive has a name attached to it known as brand.
- One must look at their chart with an accurate time of birth and see where the Nakshatra of Purva Bhadrapada is in their chart, which means where is the sign of Aquarius/Pisces
- If someone is a Leo ascendant then the 7th house would be Aquarius and 8th house would be Pisces; when using such brands or name that starts with such sounds would be beneficial for marriage, business, fame and foreign travels, transformation, learning oral traditional knowledge, kundalini awakening.
Summary of Purva Bhadrapada in Vedic Astrology
|Symbol||The front part of a funeral cot|
|Deity||Ajaikapada (another form of Rudra)|
|Rulership||Thieves, cowherds, murderous persons, niggards, and those engaged in despicable and roguish activities, those who are devoid of virtuous or religious observances and those that are clever in single combat.|
|Work profile||Teacher, counsellor, consultant|
|Moon in Purva Bhadrapada||The native will easily think of negative outcomes, suffer grief, be under the control of the spouse, be wealthy, clever, uncharitable|
|Purushartha||Artha or finance|
Summary of Purva Bhadrapada in Vedic Astrology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Special about Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
Purva Bhadrapada is known to be a Ugra Nakshatra which are best for funeral rights, going to war, causing destruction, learning about death, search for paranormal and ghostly things, anything to scare someone, tantric fire rituals and funeral home or where dead rest.
Which Rashi is Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
Aquarius and Pisces
Who is the Lord of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
Who is the Deity of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
What is the Symbol of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
Man with two faces, two swords, front legs of funeral cot
What is the Gana of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
What is the Caste of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
What is the Animal of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
What are the Initials of Purva Bhadrapada Nakshatra?
Say, So, Daa, Dee
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.
Get your Vedic horoscope along with predictions and calculations.
Vedic astrology is an ancient science that has its roots in India. It is based on the principle that there is a relationship between the positions of the planets and events that occur on Earth. This system of astrology can be used to make predictions about a person’s future, based on their birth chart. If you are interested in exploring the richness and wisdom of this ancient science, be sure to get your Vedic horoscope by emailing your details to email@example.com.
You need to share your date of birth, place of birth, time of birth, and full name. We will prepare your Vedic astrology horoscope and share it with you. If you feel like paying then you can make the payment. Please note that payments are voluntary as we shall use your payment funds for feeding stray animals. Our animal welfare team shall share the photos and videos of the stray animals who were able to get their meal because of you. Read more about Vidhya Mitra Divine Astrology.
Divyanshu Singh Chouhan is a tech entrepreneur and an astrologer. He is also known for his knowledge and expertise in the field of Vedic astrology and is known for his generous patronage of the gods. One day, Divyanshu decided to compose a treatise on astrology, which he titled Vidhya Mitra. In this work, he explained in detail the various aspects of 25,000-year-old Vedic astrology and its applications in the simplest way so even a fifth-grader can understand the concepts of Astronomy and Astrology.