Maa Skandmata Aarti
Maa Skandmata is known as the mother of Kartikeya, the first son of Lord Shiva. Maa Skandmata is the protector and mother of all. Skandmata is the epitome of a mother’s love, nourishment, sacrifice, protector and wisdom. Maa Skandmata is the fifth incarnation of Goddess Durga and is known for protecting her devotees like a mother who protects her child from any harm. She is said to bestow salvation, power, wealth, and treasures on her believers.
Skandamata, who possesses the brilliance of the Sun, grants all of her devotees’ wishes. One who is selflessly committed to her achieves all of life’s accomplishments and treasures. The worship of Skandamata purifies a devotee’s heart. The devotee should have complete control over his senses and mind while worshipping her. He should release himself from worldly enslavement and devote himself entirely to her. Her worship is rewarded twice.
Lord Skanda, her son in her lap, is immediately worshipped when the devotee worships her. As a result, the devotee receives the blessings of both Skanda Mata and Lord Skanda. If a devotee worships her without being selfish, the Mother bestows strength and blessings on them. She represents a mother with vulnerability who can manifest storms to protect her children. She is the provider of courage, wisdom, fearlessness and brilliance.
Maa Skandmata Aarti Lyrics in English
Jai Teri Ho Skandmata,
Panchva Naam Tumhara Aata,
Sabke Mann Ki Jannan Hari,
Jag Janni Sab Ki Mehtari.
Teri Jyoti Jalata Rahu Main,
Hardam Tumhe Dhyata Rahu Main,
Kayi Namon Se Tujhe Pukara,
Mujhe Ek Hai Tera Sahara.
Kahi Pahado Par Hai Dera,
Kayi Shehron Mein Tera Basera,
Har Mandir Mein Tere Nazare,
Gun Gaye Tere Bhagat Pyare.
Maa Skandmata Aarti Lyrics in English
Bhagti Apni Mujhe Dila Do,
Shakti Meri Bigadi Bana Do,
Indar Aarti Devta Mil Saare,
Kare Pukaar Tumhare Dware.
Dusht Datya Jab Chadh Ker Aaye,
Tum Hii Khanda Hath Uthaye,
Daso Ko Sada Bachane Aaye,
Chaman Ki Aas Pujaane Aayi.
Benefits of Reciting Maa Skandmata Aarti
- Maa Skandmata offers a path filled with protection, good luck and fortune to the devotee.
- Maa Skandmata ensures providing knowledge and wisdom to devotees.
- Maa Skandmata will protect the devotee as her own children from all the demons and evil eye creatures.
- Maa Skandmata will provide nourishment and care to the devotee.
- The married life will be stable for the devotee if the devotees offer prayers to Maa Skandmata.
- Maa Skandmata will shower devotees with knowledge and wisdom by showing the right path.
- Praying or performing Maa Skandmata aarti will result in incubation of patience, courage and control in devotees.
- The devotee will be filled with strong will power and courage by chanting Maa Skandmata aarti.
- Devotees will feel content, stable, fearless and peaceful after praying to Maa Skandmata.
- Hardships, troubles, negativity and evil eye will not harm the devotee if he recites Maa Skandmata aarti.
Best Day and Time to Recite Maa Skandmata Aarti
- Best day to perform Maa Skandmata aarti is the fifth day of navratri, as she is the fifth Goddess among navadurgas.
- Abhijeet, Vijay and Godhuli Muhrat are considered best to perform Maa Skandmata aarti, which will vary every year according to the hindu calendar and panchang.
- At home, Maa Skandmata aarti can be performed in morning as well in evening after taking bath and wearing clean clothes.
Offerings in Maa Skandmata Aarti
- It is recommended to light a deepak or diya filled with mustard oil or sesame oil or pure ghee before performing the Maa Skandmata aarti.
- One should offer the prasad or bhog of fresh bananas, garland of red flowers and lotus at her feet (provided there is an idol or picture of Skandmata).
- The devotee should wear white or yellow coloured clothes while praying or during aarti.
- Shankh should be blown and bells should be ringing while and after the completion of aarti with Durga Saptashati lessons.
- Red rose flowers will be appropriate for the aarti.
Pooja Vidhi for Maa Skandmata Aarti
- Install a Skandamata idol in your home. Perform the ritual of ‘Pakshal’ (washing the idol) after that.
- Fill a pot of silver, copper, or dirt with coconut and make ashes out of it.
- Establish Sriganesh, Varuna, Navagraha, Shodash Matrika (16 Goddesses), Sapta Ghrit Matrika (Place seven sindoor dots) in that place after that.
- Worship all the established deities, including Skandamata, using Vedic and Saptashati mantras.
- Light the deepak or diya and resume the pooja with offerings of flowers and sweets and conclude with the aarti.
Pooja Mantra or Dhyan Mantra
- The Pooja Mantra or Jaap (Dhyan Mantra) hold significance for the meditating purposes and peace in the spiritual lifestyle of the devotee.
- One may recite the mantra for however long with a rosary (mala) with a count of 108 times or in any other suitable way as long as the purpose is to serve the spiritual path in oneself.
- The mantra can be recited anytime of day and after the completion of the aarti or pooja, one may sit on the aasan in front of the Goddess and recite the jaap mantra for the benefits of inner and mental peace.
- The mantra that should be recited after Maa Chandraghanta pooja and aarti, which can also be used as Dhyan mantra for the jaap is “Om Devi Skandamatayai Namah ”.
Also Read :
9 Days of Chaitra Navratri
Maa Katyayani Aarti Lyrics
Maa Kalaratri Aarti Lyrics
Maa Mahagauri Aarti Lyrics
Maa Siddhidatri Aarti Lyrics
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.