Maa Shailputri Aarti
Maa Shailputri is known as the epitome of patience, good luck, devotion, independence, fortune and motherly nature. Goddess Shailputri is a reincarnated form of Goddess Sati and thus she is worshipped for harmony and longevity of married life.
Maa Shailputri is the first Goddess among the ‘Navadurgas’ and is the daughter of the mountain king, ‘Himavat’. The name “Shailaputri” literally means “mountain’s daughter”. Sati Bhavani, Parvati, and Hemavati are all names for the daughter of Himavat, the Himalayan king. She is the ruler of the planet Moon in astrology, which is the provider of wealth, fortune and prosperity. She holds the true essence of simplicity and beauty of earth within her.
She rides a bull and holds a Trishul and a lotus in her two hands, symbolizing the strength of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva. She was the daughter of Daksha Prajapati– named as Maa Sati, another incarnation of Maa Durga, in the past life and like every birth and reincarnation, she marries Lord Shiva.
Maa Shailputri Aarti Lyrics in English
Shailputri Maa Bail Savaar,
Kare Devta Jai Jai Kaar.
Shiv Shankar Ki Priye Bhavani,
Teri Mahima Kisi Ne Na Jaani.
Parvati Tu Uma Kahlave,
Jo Tujhe Simare So Sukh Pave.
Ridhi Sidhi Parwan Kare Tu,
Daya Kare Dhanvan Kare Tu.
Somvar Ko Shiv Sangh Pyari,
Aarti Teri Jisne Utari.
Maa Shailputri Aarti Lyrics in English
Uski Sagri Aas Puja Do,
Sagre Dukh Takleef Mita Do.
Ghee Ka Sundar Deep Jala Ke,
Gola Gari Ka Bhog Lga Ke.
Shradha Bhav Se Mantra Gayein,
Prem Sahit Phir Shish Jhukaye.
Jai Giriraj Kishori Ambe,
Shiv Mukh Chandra Chakori Ambe.
Manokamna Purn Kr Do,
Bhakt Sada Sukh Sampati Bhar Do.
Benefits of Reciting Maa Shailputri Aarti
- Worshipping Maa Shailputri will result in abundance of good luck and fortune in the devotee’s life.
- Chandra Dosh in devotees Kundli can be removed by offering prayers to Maa Shailputri.
- Hardships, troubles, negativity and evil eye will not harm the devotee if he recites Maa Shailputri aarti.
- Maa Shailputri aarti is performed for mental and emotional stability in the devotee’s life.
- Recitation of Maa Shailputri aarti will give success, prosperity and wealth to the devotee.
- Maa Shailputri aarti is performed for the stability and happiness in married life.
- Reciting aarti of Maa Shailputri will lead the path of patience for the devotee.
- Devotees will feel content, stable, fearless and peaceful after praying to Maa Shailputri.
Best Day and Time to Recite Maa Shailputri Aarti
- Best day to perform Maa Shailputri aarti will be the first day of Navratri, as she is the first Goddess, among all the nine Goddesses.
- The ‘Abhijeet Muhrat’ in the day is considered best for the aarti of Maa Shailputri, which will vary every year according to the hindu calendar and panchang.
- At home, one can perform Maa Shailputri aarti in morning and as well in evening after taking bath and wearing clean clothes.
Offerings in Maa Shailputri Aarti
- The picture or idol of Maa Shailputri can be offered jasmine flowers and white sweet or prasad while performing aarti.
- Diya in evening time filled with pure ghee should be lightened as offering to Maa Shailputri before the aarti of Maa Shailputri.
- Shankh should be blown and bells should be ringing while and after the completion of aarti with Durga Saptashati lessons.
- Ghee bhog or prasad should be offered to Maa Shailputri and it will be most beneficial if it is yellow.
- The devotee should wear royal blue, sky blue or ice blue coloured clothes.
Pooja Vidhi for Maa Shailputri Aarti
- Always worship Lord Ganesha before navratri pooja on the first day for his blessings for a successful Navratri vrat.
- Place a lamp near the idol of Maa Shailputri and light it with ghee, mustard, or sesame oil.
- Chant the mantras to invoke spiritual form within of Maa Shailputri.
- Offer Gandham, Pushpam, Deepam, Sugandham, and Naivedyam in the pooja as an offering.
- As a prasada, serve Kheer made from cow milk with fruits, coconut, bananas, paan and supari.
- Sing the aarti at the end of the puja and light the camphor to express gratitude to her.
Pooja Mantra or Dhyan Mantra
- The Pooja Mantra or Jaap (Dhyan Mantra) hold significance for the meditating purposes and peace in the spiritual lifestyle of the devotee.
- One may recite the mantra for however long with a rosary (mala) with a count of 108 times or in any other suitable way as long as the purpose is to serve the spiritual path in oneself.
- The mantra can be recited any time of the day and after the completion of the aarti or pooja, one may sit on the aasan in front of the Goddess and recite the Jaap mantra given below for the benefits of inner and mental peace.
- The mantra that should be recited after Maa Shailputri pooja and aarti is “Om Devi Shailaputryai Namah”
- The Dhyan mantra for the jaap is “Vande Vanchhitalabhaya Chandrardhakritashekharam। Vrisharudham Shuladharam Shailaputrim Yashasvinim”
Also Read –
9 Days of Chaitra Navratri
Maa Skandmata Aarti Lyrics
Maa Katyayani Aarti Lyrics
Maa Kalaratri Aarti Lyrics
Maa Mahagauri Aarti Lyrics
Maa Siddhidatri Aarti Lyrics
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.