Natives born in Ashwini Nakshatra in Astrology are good-looking and like jewellery. They are proactive, intelligent, and fortunate. According to Nakshatra Sooktha, the natives born in Ashwini Nakshatra have a good hearing ability. Ashwini Nakshatra indicates horses, horse riders, horse dealers, commandants, physicians, attendants, merchants, and handsome people.
Ashwini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology is one of the Tiryaka Mukhi Nakshatras (or the Nakshatras with their mouths curved). ‘Ashwa’ means the horse. The meaning of the word ‘Ashwini’ is one like a horse. In this Nakshatra, things related to roads, dams, the expansion of metals, chariots, boats, etc., can be auspiciously begun and performed.
Ashwini Nakshatra in Astrology
Symbol: The Face of a Horse
The symbol of Ashwini is the face of a horse. The horse suggests the rate of growth of a baby.
Deity: The Ashwini Kumars
Ashwini Kumaras, the deities of Ashwini Nakshatra, are the Gods of medicines, and their favourite drink is honey. They offer longevity and healthy life.
|Range||0⁰ – 13⁰ 20”|
|Yogathara||Sheraton or Beta Arietis|
|Latitude||8⁰ 29” 14’|
|Longitude||10⁰ 06” 46’|
|Right ascension||1h 54m 21.8s|
|Declination||+20⁰ 47” 1’|
Ashwini Nakshatra in Astrology
Characteristics of Ashwini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
- An Ashwini dominated native wants to finish things fast.
- They are excellent in averting danger, either physical or psychological.
- Ashwini natives will start their puberty or menstrual cycle quite early in life and become sexually aware at a very early age.
- Natives born in Ashwini Nakshatra can find any place to take a nap, whether it is on an uncomfortable plane, train, bus ride or in the comfort of their bedroom. They use sleep to gain energy and not for pleasure.
Ashwini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
- Their main aim is to wake up as early as possible so that they can start running in the race of life.
- A horse lacks a collarbone; hence, an Ashwini native may have weak collarbones.
- The most distinctive feature of a horse is his muscles and endurance, which is widely known worldwide, so it is obvious that an Ashwini dominated native has strong muscle tendons and the ability to work much longer and faster than others.
- One word that comes to mind is “horsepower”, which is used in describing the power of a car’s engine.
- A horse is an extremely powerful animal that can kill a man with a single kick from his hind legs.
- If we compare a horse’s body to a human, the hind legs of a horse are like his actual legs, while the front two can be considered as arms.
- An Ashwini native will have strong legs and thighs to help him run in sports.
- Ashwini is about horses having strong muscles and legs to run fast. Bodybuilding is about building muscles and having the endurance to lift heavy weights.
- The horsepower also translates into a love for fast-moving objects like race cars, rockets, fighter jets and bullet trains.
- An Ashwini native may love such type of transportation and sometimes can take it on as a hobby too.
- Another prominent feature of a horse is his face, especially the long nose, big eyes, and long neck.
- Next time, observe a person with a heavy influence of Ashwini Nakshatra in their chart, for instance, a cluster of planets in Ashwini Nakshatra, and observe their face.
- A person’s face, in astrological sense, is seen from the 2nd house, but that is only 50% of the story.
- A cluster of planets in a birth chart will always dominate the ascendant and 2nd house for body and face.
- A Virgo man can be overweight because he may have several planets in Cancer in Pushya Nakshatra.
- Notice the hair on the horse’s head; they move with the wind and are naturally styled without a salon in the wild.
- Ashwini men or women love to have long hair and style their hair.
- They always do whatever they can to have silky smooth hair.
- Horses are known for their wild spirit, which is why there is a term ‘wild horse’.
- A horse wants to go anywhere he wants, when they wish and not care about a master-slave relationship.
- An Ashwini native is extremely independent, free, and wild.
- They want adventure; they want to climb a mountain, then eat lunch, then go and play basketball.
- They hate schedules, deadlines, and orders.
- They simply want to be themselves.
- Ashwini natives always do what they want, including the way they want to dress and do their makeup.
- Since a horse can run hundreds of miles before they eat their next meal, it shows a horse can go to distant places into new territory.
- Ashwini native wants to travel far away places and meet people who are brand new to them.
- They may even marry someone who is of a different culture or from a foreign land.
- Another fascinating fact is that Ashwini natives love to do their hair right and love to work with hair and hairstyle; that’s because a horse has very stylish hair, which comes upon their forehead and rises with the wind.
Attributes of Ashwini Nakshatra in Astrology
- By the influence of this star, the native is expected to be equestrian (horse-rider), a soldier, or a physician with extraordinary powers.
- It is possible that in the horoscopes of these physicians, the Graha for successful medical practice is positioned in Ashwini Nakshatra can be seen.
- From Ashwini, carriages for animals for transport, everything related to transport and transport department is supposed to be derived. The Puranas relate that the two Ashwini Kumaras were born to mother Sanga and father Ravi. The mother held the solar semen in her nostrils, for otherwise, she could not hold it because it was so strong.
- They are the twins of Sanga. Therefore, this Nakshatra is supposed to produce twins. Mars (Mangal) in this Nakshatra – especially if the Lagna is in Aquarius (Kumbha) and Mangal in bhatristhan indicates twin brother and sister for the native. Or, suppose, Ravi, Guru or Pitri Karaka or Lord of the Bhava signifying father or son is in this Nakshatra. In that case, the father or any of the uncles or any of the children may be one of the twins.
Ashwini Dev in Vedic Astrology
Description of Ashwini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology Treatise
- According to Hora Sara: The native will be scholarly, steady, expert, faithful to his duties, an important personage in his family, will have self-respect, and eat little. He will enjoy a high degree of respect and be of medium status.
- According to Jataka Parijata: The native born under the star (Ashwini) will have a great deal of intelligence, wealth, modesty, sagacity and fame, and will be happy.
- According to Sage Narada: The native born in Ashwini Nakshatra will be charming, fortunate, skillful, intelligent, fond of ornaments and women, and be valorous.
- According to Brihat Samhita: The native born under the asterism Ashwini will be fond of ornaments, lovely in appearance, attractive or liked by all, efficient and intelligent.
Ashwini Nakshatra Pada Description
Ashwini Nakshatra 1st Pada:
- 1st Pada of Ashwini Nakshatra is ruled by Aries Navamsa (Governed by Mars).
- Those born in the first pada of Ashwini Nakshatra are daring, carry on fire-associated jobs, stingy, and court other women.
- The native born in the first pada of Ashwini Nakshatra will show strong & amplified Mars transit.
- The native will show high endurance, will be athletic, competitive, technical, constructive, goal-oriented, pioneering, hard-working, driven, daring, courageous doctors, protector, hot-headed, revenge-minded, immature, and overly aggressive.
Ashwini Nakshatra 2nd Pada:
- 2nd Pada of Ashwini Nakshatra is ruled by Taurus Navamsa (Governed by Venus).
- Those born in the second pada of Ashwini Nakshatra are religious, bright, and think before acting.
- Venus’ energy tones down the aggressive Mars nature and gives balanced aggression, controlled actions, the native may be less impulsive/accident prone, practical, resourceful, socially graceful, personable, have balanced heroic actions, physically creative, physically artistic, dancers, musicians, athletes, and involved in sports involving balance or creative aspects.
Ashwini Nakshatra 3rd Pada:
- 3rd Pada of Ashwini Nakshatra is ruled by Gemini Navamsa (Governed by Mercury).
- The native born in the third pada of Ashwini Nakshatra is learned, good eater, enjoyer, anxious, win in arguments, quarrelsome and heroic.
- Mercury’s energy speeds up the communicative and thinking process mentally, and the native will have energetic speech, be mentally competent, debating, arguing, attuned to emergencies, danger and extreme situations, fast responses, mentally quick-witted, fast learner, quick interpreter, gossipy, mentally geared toward topics of actions, health, healing, sports, war, independence and pioneering activities.
Ashwini Nakshatra 4th Pada:
- 4th Pada of Ashwini Nakshatra is ruled by Cancer Navamsa (Governed by Moon).
- Those born in the fourth pada of Ashwini Nakshatra are worshipers of Gods, religious and obtain women’s goodwill.
- Moon’s energy brings emotional nature, and the natives may be empathetic, healer, nourishing and idealistic towards others in need, emotionally attached to helping others, giving all they have to save a life, help a person or assist their needs, put every pioneering effort or anything that demands physical effort and gets their full emotional attachment.
- The native is very protective and defensive of people they care about, their environment, things they create, can jump into dangerous situations, show greater courage and give all their efforts to help people in emergency situations, and is emotionally charged or depressed by the results of healing or failing to help others.
Sun’s Ingress (April 14th – April 27th) for Ashwini Nakshatra
- The Sun enters Ashwini Nakshathra on the 14th of April and stays here till April 27th. If you are born during this period, your Sun is in Ashwini Nakshatra.
- Lord Shree Rama, the 7th Avatar of Lord Vishnu, was born when the Sun was in Ashwini Nakshatra. The Moon was in Pushya Nakshatra. Ashwini Nakshatra is owned by the Ketu, and Ketu suggests enlightenment. In Shree Rama’s horoscope, the Sun is exalted, and the Moon is in its own sign. Lord Shree Rama was born at noon. This means he was born in Cancer (Karka) Lagna. The deity of Pushya Nakshatra is Bruhaspathi. This indicates knowledge.
- In the Vedic story of Bruhaspathi, Lord Rama had to face his spouse’s separation for some time. During this period, Lord Hanumana was also born. The close connection of Lord Rama with Lord Hanuman is known by all. In the case of Lord Hanuman, the Moon was in Swati Nakshatra. The deity of Swathi Nakshathra is Vayu Dhevatha. Therefore, Lord Hanumana is called Vayuputhra or the son of Vayu.
- Lord Hanuman was born at sunrise, i.e. in Aries ascendant. The Lagna would be in Ashwini Nakshathra. It can be noted that Lord Hanuman had the energy of Ashwa or horses and Vayu or the wind.
Tree of Ashwini: Ashwagandha
- Ashwagandha or Withania somnifera is the tree for Ashwini.
- It is also called winter cherry. Ashwagandha means the one with a horse-like odour.
- The wet roots of this tree smell like horse urine.
- The height of the tree is around 3 feet.
- It has many branches, and the fruits are red. Primarily the roots are used in medicines.
Applications of Ashwagandha
- Ashwagandha is used to treat anxiety, depression and fatigue.
- It improves blood circulation, a tonic for nerves and effective in numbness.
- It boosts immunity in children.
- It is effective in sexual disorders.
- It helps to reduce muscle pain.
- It helps to increase testosterone levels and improve female libido.
Astronomical Information of Ashwini Nakshatra
- Some astronomers think Alpha Arietis is the Yogathara of Ashwini and others think it is Beta Arietis. Beta Arietis is considered simply because Alpha Arietis is outside the range of Ashwini.
- This is a spectroscopic binary star system – a star orbit pair around each other. A pair cannot be resolved using an ordinary telescope. A star with a mass of a Sun orbits a star double the Sun’s mass every 107 days. In this star system, 95% of the luminosity is produced by a heavier star.
- While they rotate around each other, the smaller star comes closer to a larger star. The distance is as less as just 20% of the Sun and Mercury distance.
- Interesting enough, the deity of Ashwini Nakshathra is Ashwini Kumars. They are called twin brothers, as if our seers very well knew about this binary star system. It is pearly white and in the right horn of the ram. It is considered hotter than average.
Ashwini Nakshatra Compatibility in Astrology
Sign compatibility of Ashwini Nakshatra Bride
Cancer, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn
Sign compatibility of Ashwini Nakshatra Groom
Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Libra, Capricorn
Compatibility Factors of Ashwini Nakshatra
- Nadi: Aadhya or First.
- Gana (Nature): Dev or God.
- Yoni (Animal Symbol): Horse or Ashwa.
- Result of wearing new clothes on Ashwini Nakshatra: Gain of new clothes.
- Result of first menses on Ashwini Nakshatra: Simple, stable and may get a son as well as a daughter.
- Result of performing Shraddha on Ashwini Nakshatra: Increase in longevity.
- Beneficial Activities on Ashwini Nakshatra: Selling, learning, wearing new clothes and jewellery, stage performance, art and craft, plantation, stitching clothes, marketing, starting a new job, monetary investment, ploughing, sowing seeds, and entering a new property.
- Beneficial Sanskara or Ceremonies on Ashwini Nakshatra: Naming, first feeding to a baby, piercing, haircut, shave, threading, manicure, pedicure, first shave of a baby, introducing letters to a baby, starting to learn a new subject, and threading ceremony
Remedies of Ashwini Nakshatra
- Since Sun has a golden hue and Ashwin Kumars are the sons of Sun, it is quite understandable with this connection.
- For Ashwini natives, offering water to the rising sun is the greatest remedy, including wearing 22k gold, which has a true golden hue to it.
- The opposite Nakshatra to Ashwini depending upon the degree, is either Chitra Nakshatra or Swati Nakshatra. This is because, Sanjana, who is the mother of Ashwins, is the daughter of the celestial architect, Vishwakarma, while Swati is all about fast moving wind, very much related to the quality of fast and moving theme of Ashwini.
- The best remedy for Ashwini natives is playing board games, taking pictures, travelling and reading a book.
- Any individual in one’s life, who has either Chitra or Swati Nakshatra, depending upon the native’s degree, will be the greatest help for them.
- The other remedy is to plant a tree or plants with healing herbs in their own garden or backyard.
|Feed||Split Lentil or Dal|
|Vedic Sooktham||Ashwini Sooktham, Oshadhi Sooktham, Aarogya Sooktham|
Remedies for Ashwini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Caste of Ashwini Nakshatra
- The caste of this Nakshatra is the merchant, which fits quite well with the Ashwins.
- Many who think this Nakshatra is only for healing and medicine are completely wrong.
- Ashwini is about performing miracles, healing not only just the body, but also situations and results, and traveling quickest to something.
- Being of a merchant caste, they are always quick to do business and make a deal upon their talent of performing miracles for the client or company.
- Merchant is simply a businessman or a business-woman and has the quality of being most friendly, having great stories to tell to sell an item.
- These charming natives would always swindle an average person.
Summary of Ashwini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
|Deity||Ashwini Kumara (horse-headed celestial physicians)|
|Rulership||Horse-dealers, commandants, physicians, attendants, horse riders, merchants, handsome persons, and horse-grooms.|
|Work Profile||Business people|
|Moon in Ashwini||The native is a lover of show, fine clothes and ornaments. He has an attractive personality, is handsome and lovely, clever, skilful and intelligent.|
|Direction||Downward (South East)|
|Purushartha||Dharma or religion|
Summary of Ashwini Nakshatra in Vedic Astrology
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Animal of Ashwini Nakshatra?
The Animal Symbol of Ashwini Nakshatra is a Horse.
What is Special about Ashwini Nakshatra?
Ashwin is a Kshipra Nakshatra, which means any activity that requires fast reaction, fast healing, and fast results should be expected when the Moon is transiting this nakshatra. Activities like giving medicine, starting a competitive race, business or bet, putting in a plant or wanting quick results from your email or text.
Which Rashi is Ashwini Nakshatra?
Ashwini is the first nakshatra and is contained within Mesha/Aries.
Who is the Lord of Ashwini Nakshatra?
The Lord of the Ashwini Nakshatra is Ketu.
Who are the Deities of Ashwini Nakshatra?
The deities of Ashwini Nakshatra are Ashvini Kumaras, who are the physicians of the heavenly gods.
What is the Symbol of Ashwini Nakshatra?
What is the Gana of Ashwini Nakshatra?
What is the Quality of Ashwini Nakshatra?
Laghu and Kshipra (Light and Swift)
What is the Caste of Ashwini Nakshatra?
What is the Bird of Ashwini Nakshatra?
What is the Tree of Ashwini Nakshatra?
Strychnine, Poison Nut tree
To read this article in Hindi, visit : Ashwini Nakshatra in Astrology in Hindi.
Get accurate Life Predictions through a Detailed Life Interpretation Astrology Report : Click Here.
Further Readings :